Skip to content

What class/kit are you most looking forward to seeing in IWDEE?

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
Figured I'd make first thread in this section of the forum. What better way than to inquire about what class/kits people are looking forward to seeing in IWDEE.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Also, seeing as dual wielding will also be a part of IWD (confirmed by Dee in another thread), I'm also looking forward to playing as a ranger.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    Every class race and kit from BG2:EE

+ Tiefling and Drow
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Gnome monk
    ElrandirCrevsDaakrufus_hobart
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819

Gnome monk

Gnome mummy, you meant to say:D
    CoM_SolaufeinCrevsDaakLordRumfishJuliusBorisov
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    Warlock!!
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Wizard Slayer, Undead Slayer, and Sorceror.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Finally I will get another chance to better the realms with my Undead Hunter!
    elminsterJuliusBorisovElrandir[Deleted User]
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014

Good mechanical choice for a kit too in IWD. :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Barbarian kits can't technically be done as the Barbarian itself is coded as a Fighter kit. But it may be possible to add alternate Barbarian versions...

I really want to see how monks will behave in IWD :)
    rufus_hobart
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    elminster said:

I know she's so going to be op in the Vale of shadows and a bit in the Severed Hand.
    elminsterNimran
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    And it won't hurt in burial isle either
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

elminster said:

I know she's so going to be op in the Vale of shadows and a bit in the Severed Hand.
    OP or not, skulls will be crushed.
    AlexisisinneedJuliusBorisovElrandir
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Nimran said:

I'd like to see another kind of dragon disciple, maybe one with cold breath.

Agreed. Blue Dragon Disciple would be a welcome addition. I don't think it would even need that much work; replace fire breath/resistances with a cold version. Same could be done with acid/lightning. No idea how accurate that is compared to the original kits but I'd be fine with them at least :P
    NimranJuliusBorisovElrandirStarflower2525
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950

elminster said:

Pity about the lack of Level Drain immunit... wait, what am I saying... there's no level drain in IWD, that's a great thing!
    QuartzJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited September 2014
    Dwarven Defender - to me, the concept of this character very much suits the frosty mountains

Dark Moon Monk - With the Frozen Fist everything will be literally frozen

Totemic Druid - the Spirit Animals should definitely see The Great Tree

Skald - how on Earth a party in IWD can go without a bunch of good ol' songs

Wild Mage - a cow from the sky right in the centre of Kuldahar? Yes, please

Swashbuckler - After ravaging the Sword coast, a pirate would be cool in IWD, just cool

... and here's my party for the 1st run:)
    elminsterElrandirStarflower2525
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Nimran said:

I'd like to see another kind of dragon disciple, maybe one with cold breath.

I love this idea too! Humorously, however, IWD has a plethora of additional 'cold' spells for Mages, and a seemingly endless supply of creatures that are immune to cold damage scattered through the game. So while I would like this kit and find it cool, I feel like somebody at Overhaul would be giggling from behind their textbook on the other side of the classroom when we all take it ;)

I'm eager to get some Ranger kits, as I am partial to having a Ranger in my party in IWD. Sorcerers will be a lot of fun too, I anticipate. I hope we get the Spell Triggers, too, so that Mages can start bitchslapping the Dales in style.
    KamigoroshiElrandirNimranQuartz
  • fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
    A........................................................demonologist
    elminsterKamigoroshijackjack
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Assassin as well. The avatar I have right now never quite fit as JUST a thief.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov