Skip to content

Stupid Female Fighter-Class Portraits

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    You're right, I probably shouldn't have said anything further on abortion.
  • NancyButtpeachNancyButtpeach Member Posts: 38

Being serviced at a brothel and abortion are alignment neutral acts. Neither of those are necessarily Good or Evil. Rape, of course, knowingly inflicts suffering on others, and is clearly an Evil act.

I can do a lot of evil things without inflicting suffering on someone. For instance, there are ways to painlessly euthanize disabled people and unwanted children, and one can even commit murder of an adult without the person ever feeling any pain.

I can also inflict suffering on someone for a good reason- take a painful medical procedure or the execution of a criminal.

Of course, this brings up the further question: is it wrong to inflict suffering on someone? What if someone's moral system deems that inflicting suffering on someone is not really an issue. Many cultures have examples of this; take the sacrifice of human and animals and the proliferation of slavery. The ancient Greeks, one of the greatest civilizations in human history, had what we would call slave rape in the form of homosexual pedophilia. For them, it was a normal and expected part of their culture.

This is really getting to the heart of morality, of moral standards. If we leave it up to culture or to what feels right to us, then we have to leave it up to other cultures and what feels right to them- and we cannot judge them.

I think that is a dark road to go down.
  • lmaoboatlmaoboat Member Posts: 72
    Well I'm just happy that this forum can automatically imbed videos.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    edited August 2012
    I see the discussion's headed into Crapville once again. "Woman" must be some kind of curse word for thread derailment.

In any case I'll just leave this here.
    Incidentally this could be made into a fine portrait.
  • WonKoWonKo Member Posts: 72
    @Jean_Luc Be that Asha from AGoT?
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    edited August 2012
    WonKo said:

Don't know as I've never seen the image in its original context but now that you mention it, it does seem very likely.

• AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    edited August 2012
    Yep, that's Asha. She's one of my personal favorites. Love me some George R.R. Martin.
  • GiladGilad Member Posts: 38
    Speaking of Game of Thrones, here is another picture of a woman in realistic armor - Brienne of Tarth.
    http://en.amokanet.ru/gallery/martin/martin_1189.html?popup=1&template=82
    Jean_Luc said:

WonKo said:

Don't know as I've never seen the image in its original context but now that you mention it, it does seem very likely.

Agreed. That does look like it could be the Greyjoy sigil.
    If there are woman fighters in RPG games, I prefer them being depicted wearing a "realistic" armor, which would actually offer some degree of protection, and not that stupid chain bikini and similar.
    Also, if there is a woman fighter supposed to fight in full plate mail, I think the character should be of more sturdy build (someone like Brienne of Tarth or olympic woman weight-lifters) and not some slim girl, which could probably not fight effectively in heavy armor.
  • WonKoWonKo Member Posts: 72
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I do believe it to be Asha from ASoIaF. Also @WonKo that tumblr is wicked, a lot of fantastic art on there.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    edited August 2012
    @Jean_Luc
    I don't know how realistic that armor is, yes it is not a chain mail bikini however if you look at it, it leaves vital areas completely exposed to attack, it definitely needs a Gorget if it is going to be useful....realistic..ok but not complete :) I do notice that ALL the men have their necks protected....
  • SeriousMikeSeriousMike Member Posts: 38
    LadyRhian said:

while prostitution as practiced by most people in this world is bad

Huh? If the prostitute chose this "profession" voluntarily I don't see anything bad in it.
    @SeriousMike
    Well, drug dealer also chose his profession voluntarily, but it is bad to be a drug dealer.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    I think real life pros and cons exist on the merits of prostitution however, I think this one of those things that Trent and the others would prefer we not delve into.... Just my 2 cents.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2012
    The real question is, given a choice between +1 Bikini Chainmail armor (+5 magical resistance), or plain old Plate mail...I think the wise, sophisticated and fashion conscious women of the realms would go for the Chainmail. ;)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Elven chain. ::Nod, nod.::
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Space_Hamster The fashion conscious would, but even +1 Chainmail is sub-par in comparison to Plate (I believe by 2 AC) and I can also wear a shiny ring with the Plate. 5 Magic resist wouldn't make up that difference for me. That's why I have pet archers (In BG1) or pet wizards (in bg2).

Besides we all know that it's the ladies in leather that are scariest. Those stalkers and archers and assassins I tell ya. (Not that I don't mind Wizard Slayers, Cavaliers or Undead Slayers).
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2012
    I bow down in fear to all the shadow armor wearing femme fatale's out there (be they human, halfling, or elven!)
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    YE!! we all fear the well trained females.. hiding in the shadows in tight bodyhugging leather armor ready to .... sorry.. I got distracted by a mental image.. where were I??... :)
  • SeriousMikeSeriousMike Member Posts: 38
    Gilad said:

@SeriousMike
    Well, drug dealer also chose his profession voluntarily, but it is bad to be a drug dealer.

And the physician chose voluntarily to be a physician. I don't get your point.
    Prostitutes provide services that shouldn't do any harm.

• TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315

Gilad said:

@SeriousMike

And the physician chose voluntarily to be a physician. I don't get your point.
    Prostitutes provide services that shouldn't do any harm.

While there is some cases of women choosing to be prostitute, most don't

@Jean_Luc
    I don't know how realistic that armor is, yes it is not a chain mail bikini however if you look at it, it leaves vital areas completely exposed to attack, it definitely needs a Gorget if it is going to be useful....realistic..ok but not complete :) I do notice that ALL the men have their necks protected....

Given that the Greyjoys are primarily mariners and coastal raiders, it's probably not very realistic for them to wear much in the way of full chain mail anyway. Tip overboard with 50 pounds of mail on, and you're in trouble.
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Gilad said:

@SeriousMike

Narcotics are bad, they only harm. Intercourse is not evil, unless you believe in the sin of fornication.
    Jolanthus said:

Gilad said:

@SeriousMike

Narcotics are bad, they only harm. Intercourse is not evil, unless you believe in the sin of fornication.
    Yeah, but fournication with strangers not knowing if they have any ITS, and doing so because your indebted to a pimp, that your addicted and need money to pay for your fix or any of the other reason get incolved in the prostitution market unwillingly, it's not good
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    On this logic though, Police officers would be evil since they can actually inflict harm... when things get nasty of course.

Truly, professions' alignment aren't chosen by pain inflicted or not but simply by the act. Nor should they be influenced by stereotypes. I'm a chemist... no, acid is not green, it looks like water in most cases, smells badly and makes your hand burn, not melt... well, that's up to interpretation. Exothermic reaction... burn seems more appropriate. Try sugar + sulfuric acid. ;)
    @Cheesebelly Eheheh that's true, trought it can depend of the type of acid, and how strong and concentrated it is i think, but yeah not all acid are green ;)
    Talvrae said:

Yeah, but fournication with strangers not knowing if they have any ITS, and doing so because your indebted to a pimp, that your addicted and need money to pay for your fix or any of the other reason get incolved in the prostitution market unwillingly, it's not good

Some hookers are just hookers, selling their bodies and time with no other negative context whatsoever, especially in fantasy literature.