Skip to content

Icewind Dale EE available for preorder

124»

Comments

• JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    I pre-ordered the game from Beamdog website but never received anything about being in the beta. Is there something that I did wrong?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

I pre-ordered the game from Beamdog website but never received anything about being in the beta. Is there something that I did wrong?

Go to the bottom of

www.icewinddale.com

The final question for the FAQ (bottom of the page) has an answer that has a link in it that will send you to the form for signing up to the beta.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @JonelethIrenicus‌ You have to go to www.icewindale.com and fill the beta form there.
    JonelethIrenicuskaguana
  • Will we get an IWD:EE cloth map?
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I think I may still have my original cloth map in its original box on my bookshelf of games. I'll have to double check.

At one time, I had Larrel's laboratory as my desktop background.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    CamDawg said:

ronaldo said:

@CamDawg will there still be the option to enable the 3E Sneak Attack as there was in the original game?

Yes.

Wait, what? I don't remember this option. How does it work? Can you sneak attack with ranged weapons like you can in tabletop, as long as you're close enough?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

CamDawg said:

ronaldo said:

@CamDawg will there still be the option to enable the 3E Sneak Attack as there was in the original game?

Yes.

Wait, what? I don't remember this option. How does it work? Can you sneak attack with ranged weapons like you can in tabletop, as long as you're close enough?
    This was added by Heart of Winter and could be toggled with a checkbox (IWDEE will also allow toggling between the two). From the HoW manual:

Sneak Attack. Sneak Attack is an optional ability that can replace a thief’s Backstab ability; if you wish your thieves to use Sneak Attack instead of Backstab while playing the game, the option can be switched in the Config program. When Sneak Attack is in effect, any time a thief attacks an opponent from a flank or rear position, he or she can do additional damage once (and only once) on that opponent. The additional damage is plus +1d6 every 4 levels of experience (i.e., an 8th level thief could do +3d6 damage, and a 23rd level thief could do +6d6). A Sneak Attack does not require the thief to be hidden or moving silently in order to work (although these skills can help a thief to get into position). Critical hits do not double Sneak Attack damage.

This dovetails with the Crippling Strike ability:

Crippling Strike. At 5th level, thieves gain a feel for how to hamstring their enemies in unpleasant ways. This allows thieves to cripple an opponent with a successful Sneak Attack, reducing their chances to hit and damage. This crippling effect is in addition to the normal Sneak Attack damage. A Crippling Strike improves with the thief’s level. At 5th level, a thief’s Crippling Strike causes the victim to suffer a -1 to hit and damage rolls, at 9th level, -2 to hit and damage, at 13th level, -3 to hit and damage, and so on, with an additional -1 penalty to hit and damage for every four levels of the thief. A creature hit with a Crippling Strike will regain their normal to hit and damage rolls one turn after being crippled.

elminsterJuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    CamDawg said:

CamDawg said:

ronaldo said:

Yes.

This was added by Heart of Winter and could be toggled with a checkbox (IWDEE will also allow toggling between the two). From the HoW manual:

Sneak Attack. Sneak Attack is an optional ability that can replace a thief’s Backstab ability; if you wish your thieves to use Sneak Attack instead of Backstab while playing the game, the option can be switched in the Config program. When Sneak Attack is in effect, any time a thief attacks an opponent from a flank or rear position, he or she can do additional damage once (and only once) on that opponent. The additional damage is plus +1d6 every 4 levels of experience (i.e., an 8th level thief could do +3d6 damage, and a 23rd level thief could do +6d6). A Sneak Attack does not require the thief to be hidden or moving silently in order to work (although these skills can help a thief to get into position). Critical hits do not double Sneak Attack damage.

This dovetails with the Crippling Strike ability:

Crippling Strike. At 5th level, thieves gain a feel for how to hamstring their enemies in unpleasant ways. This allows thieves to cripple an opponent with a successful Sneak Attack, reducing their chances to hit and damage. This crippling effect is in addition to the normal Sneak Attack damage. A Crippling Strike improves with the thief’s level. At 5th level, a thief’s Crippling Strike causes the victim to suffer a -1 to hit and damage rolls, at 9th level, -2 to hit and damage, at 13th level, -3 to hit and damage, and so on, with an additional -1 penalty to hit and damage for every four levels of the thief. A creature hit with a Crippling Strike will regain their normal to hit and damage rolls one turn after being crippled.

*Wipes away a single tear.* This is so beautiful. This is why I need IWD:EE. I never had the expansions as a kid. I couldn't find HoW anywhere.

How will Sneak Attack affect Assassins? Extra d6s? Upgrading to d8s?
    JuliusBorisov
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    Done! Now where's my badge. ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Vonbek777‌

Just wait for tomorrow. The badge arrives on the following day ;)
    kaguana
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I was having a blast solo playing IWD-in-BG2 until I hit a 'missing Lysan' bug which crippled it. Now in retrospect I'm glad that happened.
    Kamigoroshi