Skip to content

[Known #8763] Multiplayer client traps fail to damage enemies after a rest or area transition

kuuporakuupora Member Posts: 8
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Check out this saved game. This happens at least in multiplayer game. We tried to set traps in front of Firkraag before the battle is initiated. Firkraag turning hostile should cause the traps to spring dealing him damage. However, he won't take any damage.
Post edited by Illydth on
CaloNord

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hey @kuupora‌ I think one of 2 things has happened, both inherited from the original game into EE.
    - Client laid traps, you've then saved & reloaded.
    - Client laid traps, you then left the area & Returned. This is issue 8763.

I think the first scenario is what happened for you, I've been able to reproduce this and added to issue 8763. Have marked this post as such so please advise if not correct.
    Thanks
    CrevsDaak
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Curious, nothing leaps out at me but I'm far from an expert. @CrevsDaak‌ might be of more help, he's much more talented and experienced than I.

If I recall the traps still worked on him last time I rolled through him with traps, though I can't recall if that was EE or vanilla.
  • kuuporakuupora Member Posts: 8
    I could not reproduce the bug with only one player... traps worked fine even after save&load and exiting area and coming back.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    If you go to your game folder and double-click baldur.exe you can start a 2nd instance of the game and have host & client running in 2 windows on the same computer - makes checking of multiplayer cases a lot easier.
    CrevsDaak