Skip to content

I'm not convinced

2»

Comments

• The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    mlnevese said:

-very fast loading/saving times.

Did I ever mention I absolutely adore BG1's loading screens? I even like the CD change prompts. Do any of you know, by chance, if there's a downloadable picture set of those screens somewhere? I never found anything.
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited September 2014
    Elendar said:

Better resolution, or rather resolution that is actually playable (because IMO the old infinity games on today's monitors look HORRIBLE), is a good enough reason for me to purchase the EE edition.

Yes, that alone is worth spending a few dollars on for me. I tried using the Widescreen mod on the GOG version but the UI doesn't tile well at all. So having a version that's actually designed to make use of higher resolutions is worth the price. I just had a look at the screenshots and the UI looks pretty good compared to the original. Also, the fact that it will use the BG2 engine means I'll be able to easily port over the AI scripts I've been working on.

What?! Have you ever played IWD1 with the widescreen mod? It looks gorgeous!

Seriously? The UI looks terrible with the way it tiles. I couldn't even bring myself to play it after I got from GOG.

elminsterjackjackcmk24Aristillius
  • DauntDaunt Member Posts: 52

mlnevese said:

Did I ever mention I absolutely adore BG1's loading screens? I even like the CD change prompts. Do any of you know, by chance, if there's a downloadable picture set of those screens somewhere? I never found anything.
    @The_New_Romance‌ omg, you are a poster after my own heart. I ADORE those and miss them immensely. The dwarf, the old mage, the dude with the cape... those pictures seriously captured my imagination when I was like 15 (maybe I DO wish I was young again...)
    @booinyoureyes @The_New_Romance‌ Have you guys tried screencapping those ones? Or are your disc versions MIA?

It's been so long since I've played BG, I honestly can't recall the cd change screens. Too bad the screens would be 800x600 even w/ a screenshot capture >:o
    booinyoureyes
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Daunt said:

mlnevese said:

@The_New_Romance‌ omg, you are a poster after my own heart. I ADORE those and miss them immensely. The dwarf, the old mage, the dude with the cape... those pictures seriously captured my imagination when I was like 15 (maybe I DO wish I was young again...)
    @booinyoureyes @The_New_Romance‌ Have you guys tried screencapping those ones? Or are your disc versions MIA?

It's been so long since I've played BG, I honestly can't recall the cd change screens. Too bad the screens would be 800x600 even w/ a screenshot capture >:o
    It was a can of soda sitting in the corner of the screen with a keyboard and mouse and the corner of an old monitor.
    CrevsDaak