Skip to content

I am shocked...

13»

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

I'd just like to say that bugs in the added content do NOT make the game buggier than the original.

Its like if I order a burger that is not cooked enough. Then the next time I order a burger that is perfectly cooked but I also get additional fries that are slightly burned. My second burger is STILL better than the last time. Fairly simple concept.

Except in this case the fries are mostly baked into the burger, forcing you to do their quests and protect them from magic bandits, which causes blackened, hard bits every time you take a bite. Sure theoretically you could pick them out, but it would by tedious, time consuming, and probably ruin the whole burger.

Ok, that made it sound really bad, but I think you get the idea. In my opinion the fries were not burned to badly(and the ones that weren't were actually vey tasty), though I do still have a few black bits stick in my teeths:/
    NimranQuartzCrevsDaakSionIV
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    So by your logic if you bought the game for new content, the new content was too buggy to enjoy, but it's ok because you can just ignore said new content and enjoy the original game, then WTF did you just pay for? And FYI, new content bugs can muck up the original game, one I personally experienced in BG2EE involved Dorn's quest preventing the advancement of the Sarles quest.
    baldurskjd
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

@meagloth‌ I agree, Neera's introduction did stick out like a sore thumb, and made it very difficult for a good-aligned character to drop her. It fit the story, but was intrusive.

Still, the rest of the characters are fairly easy to ignore. Far, far, far from baked into the burger. Also, we are discussing bugs as opposed to storyline decisions, and as you can see from the bug thread, over half of the "Level A" bugs are for the new content, while the few that are for existing content mostly existed in the vanilla game (in fact the ONLY game crashing bug I have ever encountered was the prison escape one... and never in the EEs) or have workarounds so simple a caveman (and by that I mean me when using computers) could do it.

Right. But I have another point. People aren't logical. Think about This: you go to a restaurant, and you order great burger, and it's awesome. You give it 5 stars.
    Now you go to the same restaurant and order the same burger, this time with fries, but the fries are burned and terrible. You give it 4.5 starts. The burger was great but the fries were awful. That's just how people work. It doesn't matter that just the burger got 5 starts.
    People are just not logical.
    So if the new content isn't good, it still affects people view of the game regardless, whether or not it makes sense.
    KerthalSionIV
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Okay, I guess in an alternate universe where logic and making sense don't matter the EEs suck :/
    ryuken87 said:

So by your logic if you bought the game for new content, the new content was too buggy to enjoy, but it's ok because you can just ignore said new content and enjoy the original game, then WTF did you just pay for? And FYI, new content bugs can muck up the original game, one I personally experienced in BG2EE involved Dorn's quest preventing the advancement of the Sarles quest.

@ryuken87‌ I never said that "it was okay", only that it is completely unfair to say that the new game is buggier than the old game (which has been a common claim on this thread and elsewhere).
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    edited September 2014
    The thing is, when rating an experience which is a compound of some subexperiences, the rating for the whole thing generally isn't the sum of all subratings but the mean (a weighted mean probably).

And this seems pretty natural to me.
    Just imagine you go to, let's say, a burger restaurant and you get a burger with fries. Without going into the details - it seems so obvious that the overall experience is worse if one of them is bad (especially if you ate that one unknowingly), as it would have been if you only had the good thing.
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    I just wanted to talk about burgers.
    NimranMathsorcererbooinyoureyes
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

I am shocked that this thread is still alive and kicking.

I'm not, the open post raised an extremly valid argument, one that rarely is summoned in this forum. The disrespect of intentional off-topic that is cheered by many that in fact shocked me (this last part not for you in fact, but to some other posts in this thread).
    Erg
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    kamuizin said:

I'm not, the open post raised an extremly valid argument, one that rarely is summoned in this forum. The disrespect of intentional off-topic that is cheered by many that in fact shocked me (this last part not for you in fact, but to some other posts in this thread).
    Right, but updating to the latest patch fixes the OP's cross-platform multiplyaer issue, and IWD:EE will be based on this new version of the engine, so OP's issue has been addressed, solved, and now the thread has become about how "bad" the EE content is instead of just drifting to the bottom.
    jackjackelminsterbooinyoureyes
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    molloy said:

I just wanted to talk about burgers.

mmmmm.....burgers. Portobello, swiss, green leaf lettuce, whole wheat bun, brown mustard, red tomato. Smashburger is the best.

elminster
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    @Mathsorcerer‌ smashburger sounds kinda dirty.
    booinyoureyes
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Someone should ask Ed Greenwood if there is a Realms equivalent of burgers and fries. Don't fantasy adventurers deserve a break today?
    elminsterbooinyoureyes
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited September 2014

kamuizin said:

Right, but updating to the latest patch fixes the OP's cross-platform multiplyaer issue, and IWD:EE will be based on this new version of the engine, so OP's issue has been addressed, solved, and now the thread has become about how "bad" the EE content is instead of just drifting to the bottom.
    I may be wrong, but i believe there's some misunderstands in this statement related to the multiplayer issue. However, i will let it be discussed by whom else know better.