Skip to content

Famous Last Words of Epic Fail

Upon entering the Cloakwood Mines in BGEE an unnamed guard walks up to the nearest character and delivers this memorable line shortly before his swift demise:
"You're those bastards who've been taking down our mining ops. Well you've come to the wrong place kiddos. I'm one mean son of a bitch, and I'm gonna give you a world o' hurt."
Now, I'm not sure he has the most dialog of an unnamed NPC, but he certainly has the most bravado. I feel bad about killing the guy, and even sorrier that he didn't even rate a name. It makes me wonder who he was and what led him to believe he was bad ass enough to take on a fully armed and armored party of six.

I'm not sure there is an encounter in either game which has such a disparity between threat of violence and actual threat. Most other encounters provide at least some challenge to a party of appropriate level, but this one I can't imagine being much of a threat to any party at that point in the game. Thus, unnamed guard, you sir get the award for famous last words of epic fail!

What famous last words scenarios are you fond of in the games?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2014
    Bondari. Nuff said.

There's also something funny and awesome about Narlen saving your bacon from a murderous Halruaan mage with a well-timed blade to the back.

Also, his line was epic: "Not this night, ye gamon dead man!"
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Grayle said:

"You've... you've killed me... destroyed Kalah with your misplaced morals and beastly greed for adventure..." I love beating up evil gnomes, they remind me of those garden versions I would buy cheap at a yard sale and use for target practice.

I always feel hurt by Kalah's words, a tale of pots and kettles, I think.
  • GrayleGrayle Member Posts: 43

I always feel hurt by Kalah's words, a tale of pots and kettles, I think.

Don't tell me, you've got a soft spot for Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket huh?

I'm a fair kind of guy. I don't care that he called your mom a whore or pissed in your cornflakes before you ate it this morning, nobody deserves to die unless they killed someone first.

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Could anyone quote Matron Mother Ardulace and Phaere's last words? I just love those!
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

"Your death will be beautiful."
    ...turn undead, chunk....

Yours wasn't, vamp.

Which vamp said that?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Nimbul is great, lol.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Ooh! Make him a Satyr! :D
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Nimbul reincarnated as a satyr, and potential familiar.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Drassus last words were "I'll kill you and use your head as a puppet, life is pretty good !"

He surely deserved to die.