Skip to content

When is the BG2ee 1.3 patch coming out?

Title says it all, is there any news as to when the 1.3 patch is coming out for BG2?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Before christmas
  • codybrown913codybrown913 Member Posts: 7
    Cool, I should be ready for a 2nd play-through by then.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    cool! same here..though will mean for me i will maybe be actually able to finish my (ù*ù*ù* bard blade class that was slaughtered in the new versions..on so many levels and little 'details'^^) game that winter then (without thinking about bugs/'improvements' -actual or..not?!^^..- all the way lol)..i admit i gave up with the last patches lol^^ (better to smile at it after all..with the distance^).. too many things to manually fix, passed my time more to fix the game than to actually play/enjoy the original so called (by some 'progressive' dudes/ettes wanting to add some 'progressive' stuffs totally not required/wished/asked either..but another thing too^^..) 'campy' story (again) lol.. was fascinating to plunge into the mod tools i never really had to use before though, but well... distracted me too much from the actual games too..after that.^^ well, maybe that time then.. that is the good thing with the real classics i guess..time is after all irrelevant , can wait a few months more/less..they stay, we can go back later..if always alive.. *))
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited September 2014
    befor Christmas could still be quite along time

:(
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    element said:

befor Christmas could still be quite along time

:(

They didn't say christmas -what year-. Could be pre-christmas 2015 and the statement would still be true.

Ah well. Maybe the beta will be out this year and I can just copy-paste my save games and play that as if it were the actual product.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    edited September 2014
    Don't worry folks! Trent Osner wrote:

"We're working hard on it, my personal hope is to have a 1.3 update for BGII:EE in the next two months."

On the 18th of June. Hey, wait.. oh f**k.

Thought: Maybe it was better to finish working on the BGII patch before yelling around about IWDEE and collecting money from it? After BGEE I learned not to give a dollar to Beamdog before release AND *satisfactory* patching.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Sticky thread! :)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Blash said:

"We're working hard on it, my personal hope is to have a 1.3 update for BGII:EE in the next two months."

That's about par for the course with Trent Oster, though. I don't think he's ever managed to mention a deadline and actually make it (he was talking about getting patch 1.2 for BG:EE out in May - it turned up in November).
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    shawne said:

Blash said:

That's about par for the course with Trent Oster, though. I don't think he's ever managed to mention a deadline and actually make it (he was talking about getting patch 1.2 for BG:EE out in May - it turned up in November).
    Sure. But, as I pointed out, when you start working on another game, you're not trying *that* hard to make it.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    Could You tell Us how much progress is being made. How many bugs and glitches are fixed?
  • GuboGubo Member Posts: 75
    Has anything been said yet as to what is coming in the 1.3 patch or is it still to be announced?
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    Seeing as how my game just randomly crashed again for the third time today, I can't wait for the next patch. And yeah, while I am excited for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition because I like that series a bit better, I would like it if patches for existing games were worked on and released first.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    I would like to ask about #7025 [CORE] - Bridge District tileset glitch
    The remastered area artwork from original renders are stunning. And without graphical glitch like the aforementioned, it would be even better :) I hope it will be fixed.
    Would You tell us about quick loot feature. Has Any Progress Been Made in getting the bugs out (stockpilling or red tint for usable items issues)?
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

Seeing as how my game just randomly crashed again for the third time today, I can't wait for the next patch. And yeah, while I am excited for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition because I like that series a bit better, I would like it if patches for existing games were worked on and released first.

As I pointed out in another thread, why do you presume that Beamdog is incapable of working on two things at once? Just because they've announced IWD doesn't mean that the BG2 patch has been delayed because of it.

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Belanos said:

As I pointed out in another thread, why do you presume that Beamdog is incapable of working on two things at once?

Because they've already failed at that (BG:EE and BG2:EE).
  • SergeTroySergeTroy Member Posts: 86
    It could be far worse. Is anyone here still waiting on 'The Winds of Winter' ?
    Considering that I was the invoker of GRRM, I am hurt Dee :(
    BTW? Paul and Storms song is better than the combo pack of Feast AND Dance.
    edited September 2014
    shawne said:

I've had no problems with either one so far. Maybe it has something to do with your hardware and not the games themselves?

Belanos said:

shawne said:

I've had no problems with either one so far. Maybe it has something to do with your hardware and not the games themselves?

You can play these games on a toaster. I doubt hardware is a major hurdle for pretty much anyone.

Unless I misunderstood him though, shawne seems to be of the opinion that Overhaul hasn't been supporting both the current EEs equally because they're quite simply incapable of doing so, and that adding a third game is unlikely to change that. If we count the number of patches each game has received compared to the amount of time they've been out, it's certainly seems true that supporting multiple games at once is a tough job for them.
    Completely off topic and feel free to ignore if it's out of line, but when did Trent Osner leave Bioware, and (the awkward) was there a given reason on why? I know he commented on more recent departures of co-founders, but just curious. I still remember the E3 screening or somesuch where he and two players were showing of NWN first time witha sorcerer & Monk vs. a small dungeon and a Balor (Monk went down due to careless spell casting and than 'came back' for a free-for-all (god bless cheat codes))
    edited September 2014
    SergeTroy said:

...but when did Trent Osner leave Bioware, and (the awkward) was there a given reason on why?

I'm guessing that it was around the time that EA bought them out.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited September 2014
    According to his blog/resume he parted ways (the second time) with bioware in june 2009.

http://www.trentoster.com/?page_id=2
    You're getting Osner and Oster mixed up there.
    elminster said:

According to his blog/resume he parted ways (the second time) with bioware in june 2009.

http://www.trentoster.com/?page_id=2

Yeah, I was right. It doesn't sound like Trent and EA got along that well. Not surprising, I don't imagine EA would be easy to work with.