Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Doesn't mean it's not a reference. Doesn't have to be the same Corwin, and for all we know they might've named CHARNAME Corwin in that playthrough for the lulz. I mean, we already know we're going to Dragonspear, or at least I am sure we are - the hints leading to that is piling up, after all.

@Dee - Are you still giving out Clairvoyance badges for correct guesses? :v
  • Anduin said:

No. Corwin defeated the Dragon in 1276 DR . The CHARNAME left Candlekeep in 1374 DR.

No link!

This screems PRE-bg1. And were was charname saved, by Gorion??
    Anduin
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Anduin said:

The dragon spear campaign?

Wasn't this the rumor? I think someone said that Neera makes mention of Dragonspear Castle. At least that is what @Dragonspear‌ tells me...
    Anduin
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Anduin heads off to speak to the new Dude on the northwest route*
    lolienbooinyoureyesCrevsDaakThacoBell
    Well, now I'm panicking because I'm not sure if I remembered the right direction - I'm gonna have to try and dig up the thread where I read it :v
    Here it is: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27666/stuff-i-did-not-know-the-black-dragon-gate

Allthough the guardsman dialogue doesn't appear yo be hinting at anything, unfortunately, and this might not have amyyhing to do with Adventure Y. Sorry for leading yku astray folks, please don't take away my cookies :(
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited September 2014
    Ah, yes, spapeshifters. Terrible lot. I avoid then whenever possible.

:P
    lolienrufus_hobartMontresor_SPCrevsDaak
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    People eho mention May 35th must watch out for Mao's Ghost...

Well, its not really a ghost, its usually some guy with a garrotte.
    lolienrufus_hobartCrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    @bengoshi don't worry, Trent have history of drunk tweets ;-)
    Tweeter said:

30 Jul Trent Oster ‏@ TrentOster

@ TomiLovric Hmm, this Adventure Y, I have no recollection of any drunk tweets that may have mentioned an adventure Y.

**That's July 2012

JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Here's what I think Adventure Y will be about: The Nashkel Mines have expanded to the point where excavations are undermining Nashkel, threatening the collapse of the town. Your job: Alert the population and oversee the moving of the entire town two miles to the east.

Nah, too crazy. That kind of thing would never happen in real life. ;-)
    booinyoureyesLordRumfishlolienJuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Here's what I think Adventure Y will be about: The Nashkel Mines have expanded to the point where excavations are undermining Nashkel, threatening the collapse of the town. Your job: Alert the population and oversee the moving of the entire town two miles to the east.

Or Centralia, Pennsylvania
    http://m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/59/fire
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania
    Montresor_SPJuliusBorisov
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    Just noticed this -- in that tweet Oster confirmed that the infinity engine will be retired. Sad -- hope this company sells it to someone else and that someone else gets the rights to make new adventures.
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    But I'm guessing it does mean that IWD2 and PS:T are not planned to be enhanced in the foreseeable future, since both of those games use the Infinity Engine.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Adul said:

But I'm guessing it does mean that IWD2 and PS:T are not planned to be enhanced in the foreseeable future, since both of those games use the Infinity Engine.

Maybe, it could mean that since these games require such large changes to the IE that beamdog decided to just make a new engine from scratch instead of mess with the IE again. But somehow I don't think this is the case...
    Adul
  • Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191
    I'm a bit miffed with all the pussy-footing around... are we getting an Adventure Y or not?
    FrozenCells
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Grimo88 said:

I'm a bit miffed with all the pussy-footing around... are we getting an Adventure Y or not?

Well it's been over 2 years...what do you think? :p
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Grimo88 said:

Also a Simpsons episode plot!
    meagloth said:

Didn't know the plot had been used before. And in real life, too! You learn something new every day if you just follow these boards closely. :)
    lolien
    @killerrabbit - which tweet are you talking about?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Grimo88 said:

Also a Simpsons episode plot!
    meagloth said:

Didn't know the plot had been used before. And in real life, too! You learn something new every day if you just follow these boards closely. :)
    It's an oldie but a goodie. Mine disaster/accident destroys/terrorizes town.