Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced! (Release Date: October 30, 2014)

Comments

• Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited September 2014
    Hey guys i leave on my trip friday... how are bg2 and iwd android coming? :) are you guys still thinking this month for iwd?
    I would be happy if they did a beta on android
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    kaguana said:

The beta started :O whoever in it is lucky.

@Cr4zyJ IWD Beta has just started, so it will be a bit of time yet. We've been testing it hard internally for over three months now.

— Trent Oster (@TrentOster) September 23, 2014

If we haven't received notification of being granted beta access, does that mean we've been denied? :-(
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014

kaguana said:

@Cr4zyJ IWD Beta has just started, so it will be a bit of time yet. We've been testing it hard internally for over three months now.

If we haven't received notification of being granted beta access, does that mean we've been denied? :-(

I kind of feel like if pre-ordering people had access it would be pretty obvious. Like they would be posting cool screenshots or praising/raging about some aspect of the game.

Edit: Dee has since clarified that they are rolling things out gradually. If you haven't yet gotten an invite then sit tight.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    elminster said:

kaguana said:

I kind of feel like if pre-ordering people had access it would be pretty obvious. Like they would be posting cool screenshots or praising/raging about some aspect of the game.

Edit: Dee has since clarified that they are rolling things out gradually. If you haven't yet gotten an invite then sit tight.

*Grumble grumble* I know I haven't gotten one.
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    well, I'm gonna sign almost everything for a chance to test the game)))
    kaguana said:

You guys are really quick to pick up on our tweets back and forth. Youve done this on my last 2 tweets to him lol. I guess i just ask questions you guys are wanting answers for... and i get a response other than "soon" lol. Its all about maintaining appropriate customer expectations. I know he doesnt want to get everyone excited and not deliver on time. I still like that hes open as much as he can be and is appropriate, though. Cheers trent for the replys.

Im GUESSING that we might be into nov/dec before we see ALL THREE games on android, and patched, unfortunately. Though im HOPING this means iwd will hit virtual shelves before that. Keep going guys.
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    my avatar is ready.
  • ShynShyn Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2014

Im still hoping they will say "yup, its done, have fun" just as abruptly as the announcerment. Which took me by suprise. Preferably within now and say, next weekend? ^^
  • stepbergstepberg Member Posts: 16
    This is fantastic news! Looking forward to playing IWD again and pre-ordered a moment ago. :-)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    stepberg said:

This is fantastic news! Looking forward to playing IWD again and pre-ordered a moment ago. :-)

You can also attempt to sign up to try to get beta access if you are interested. You can find more under the FAQ section of icewinddale.com
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    its my B-Day i can has beta?
  • FRUTZKFRUTZK Member Posts: 18
    Moving house tomorrow, no internet for a week. Worst timing ever! Fingers crossed you guys will announce release tonight......... :/
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    FRUTZK said:

Moving house tomorrow, no internet for a week. Worst timing ever! Fingers crossed you guys will announce release tonight......... :/

Hurry up and catch it, then. Get your Internet back. You can do it!
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    Just per-ordered as well and today is my Birthday just like ForgottenMyth said three posts back. Hope i get in the beta, but it's enough to know in supporting these Classics ;)
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @Dee‌ Here we go.....
  • funkybuddafunkybudda Member Posts: 6
    to thedevelopers,

based on your awesome track record for Android, is it safe to say Android version of IWD will be released 2 years after the other version?
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @funkybudda‌ I think IWD release will be at all platforms at once, so don't worry ;)
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    pre-ordered !

good bye social life ! (well I havent a social life at all but eh )
  • stepbergstepberg Member Posts: 16
    elminster said:

stepberg said:

You can also attempt to sign up to try to get beta access if you are interested. You can find more under the FAQ section of icewinddale.com
    Thanks for info, I didn't know about the beta access. Of course, I have just signed up.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Icewind Dale EE was not released within a month
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Ofc it wasn't did you expect something else ??? beside it better that it take them more time then be release when it isn't ready, so waiting it is.