Skip to content

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited October 2022 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
rufus_hobartRavenslightDreadKhanTeflonKamigoroshiJuliusBorisovNonnahswriterelminsterTroodon80Awong124Aristilliuslolien

Comments

• rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    Ha, nice choices @typo_tilly‌ my personal fave is also an anklyosaurus called the Minmi. Less spiny than most, it has more of a crocodilian back plated armour, and looks like a giant land turtle with longer legs.
    RavenslightJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]lolien
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Archaeopteryx, imagine fluffy dino how cute.
    Ravenslight[Deleted User]lolien
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited October 2014
    The Coelacanth - you have to admire it's tenacity. Edit: Sorry, forgot the 'extinct' bit (I think I'll go to bed now).
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Zoids...

Slag was pretty cool, but Grimlock wins it for me.
    lolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm going to go with a Velociraptor, because that is what Dinobot in Beast Wars was supposed to be. :p

(Plus they were a pretty active element of the first Jurassic Park movie from what I can recall).
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    Dazzu said:

Actually, that's a curious contradiction. Ya see, birds ARE dinosaurs, meaning that no matter how able to fly Pterasauria may have been, they're not much like birds other than possessing hollow bones. Even 100 foot behemoths sauropods are more closely related to birds by phylogenetic relation alone.

Yeah, I should've gone with flying reptile instead of bird. But in my defense, the fact that modern day birds are the closest relatives to ancient dinosaurs (as in the land-roaming ones, seeing as anything that flew or swam weren't actually dinosaurs) we have today, was only very recently confirmed.
    I was going off what I knew back when I was a kid, which is a bit embarrassing, seeing as I read some studies about this exact case a week ago.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited October 2014
    Ma favourite is definitely NOT the velociraptor, since thanks to Jurassic Park people have a wrong idea about what they were. Deinonychus, on the other hand was badass in reality.... :)

At least I was until I saw reconstructions with feathers...
    [Deleted User]Ravenslightelminsterlolien
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

DreadKhan said:

Man, the feathers on dinosaurs is awesome; Quetzalcoatl!

Indeed. You just have to take one look at the Incisivosaurus to fall in love with their feathers. And rodent-like teeth of course. :D

"I'm a pretty birdie, no matter what they say..."
    [Deleted User]elminsterRavenslightJuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    rufus_hobartJuliusBorisovlolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterDreadKhanRavenslightlolien
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I find it a bit curious to assume that a bony plate covering the back of the neck would not exist at leaxt in part to prevent very large strong jawed tyrannosaur from breaking the animal's neck. Necks are craxy vulnerable, this is how many cats like to hunt, killing prey by breaking the neck. This might be why smilodons wrre outcompeted, they wouldnt have been as good at this, and this is a very efficient kill strategy, and it certainly fits with the sturdy jaws/necks of big tyrannosaurs. Then again, hyenas have immense jaw and neck strength, and they like scavenging by driving off predators.
    [Deleted User]