Skip to content

Khalid and Imoen

I'm guilty of getting attached to party members in Bioware games, so I usually keep the same ones - the ones I'm attached to - for as long as I can. And I really think Khalid and Imoen are just the sweetest. Khalid reminds me of one of my cats in that he's all nervous but sweet (not to mention, his voice is adorable), and Imoen is just all cute and bubbly and innocent.

Anyone else have similar feelings about these party members or others?

Comments

• QueenQuinzelQueenQuinzel Member Posts: 44
    @bengoshi‌, Jaheira is definitely very attractive. Very womanly. I have yet to add Dorn to my party since I'm so rigid in my party construction. His 320-pound carry weight is appealing, though.

I haven't played BG2 yet, sadly. I haven't even beaten BG1 yet. I have this strange affliction where I can usually only play any game for a few minutes at a time, which often leads to me never finishing games. And isometric, retro RPGs - my favorite game genre - are too long for someone with that affliction. </3
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    edited September 2014
    Jaheira I like - if only she didn't have that irritating milksop boyfriend
    (good thing he dies in BG2!!!)...
    but I like Viconia more! She is always in my parties. I really like Dorn as well - or as I put it, Dorna! (I always give "her" the belt of Masculinity/Femininity). Just wish she had a matching voice!

I love Safana - nothing like having her in the party! "I'll do anything you want, dear" - just sends shivers down mah spine!

I have started to like Ajantis more and more.
    Post edited by Heindrich on
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Even though this isn't a spoiler-free zone, I added a spoiler tag @WebShaman‌ cos OP mentioned never completing BG1 or playing BG2 thus far.

I love lots of characters in BG... My top 3 has to be Aerie, Imoen and Minsc.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...I love taking Vicky with me in both BG games. I never liked Jaheira's bossy demeanour and Aerie's whining could only be endured so far. But Vicky - no...Vicky is cool. I just have a thing for bad girls.
    Also - Imoen. My kindred spirit. Whether a Thief or a T->Mage, I like her hanging close.

From the others - Dorn is a very "reliable" and strong guy, I like having his budding presence with me. Same goes with Minsc (sometimes) and I took a strange liking to Valygar and Edwin (though I like to pair Edwin with Yoshimo)
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Minsc is definitely my favourite character, I just can't see myself playing either game without him. Imoen is right up there as well, with Jan probably coming in a close third. He and Minsc can be a hilarious pair to have in the same party. And Mazzy is pretty cool to have around as well, a good solid character you know you can trust. Plus she's deadly with a bow.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    lately, my groups have required the presence of both Viconia and Shar Teel. Hmmm... I wonder if that says anything about the women I have dated in the past?
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417

@bengoshi‌, Jaheira is definitely very attractive. Very womanly. I have yet to add Dorn to my party since I'm so rigid in my party construction. His 320-pound carry weight is appealing, though.

I haven't played BG2 yet, sadly. I haven't even beaten BG1 yet. I have this strange affliction where I can usually only play any game for a few minutes at a time, which often leads to me never finishing games. And isometric, retro RPGs - my favorite game genre - are too long for someone with that affliction. </3</p>

Um...Dorn's carry weight in BG:EE is 500! lbs, not 320. It is seldom spoken on, but it is one of the most awesome things about him. It's the main reason that when I pick him up "just for a little while, to set up his quest, ya'know" on the way to the Nashkel Mines, I have a hard time spooling him off and getting on with building my Good Party.

dremrider

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

@bengoshi‌, Jaheira is definitely very attractive.

Knock-out~

I like Khalid. I make fun of him from time to time, but he's got a good heart. And mechanically, he's a pretty solid guy. He isn't going to be thrashing things into red ribbons like Shar-Teel, but he's a good front-liner.
    You might also like Rasaad, and possibly Aerie.

Now, myself, I always have to have Branwen in a party. :D
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    I always keep Imoen around, she left the safety of Candlekeep to keep me company after all, I can't just abandon her somewhere! And I'm on the same page as @SCARY_WIZARD‌ , Branwen always tends to be a must-have in my parties...something about a brave Nordic-type explorer who can lay on hands....ahem, excuse me. And my third is Rasaad. I like monks, and Rasaad's a good guy, I feel bad about just leaving him to entertain the yokels for a few coins.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I take along Kivan and Ajantis most of the time in good parties because I find them useful. But I don't feel particularly emotionally attached to any of them.
    I really kinda like Rasaad, but he hasn't been a good fit for my parties so far, which have all been shooter oriented.

I plan to do a 'continuity party' sometime, of all characters that are playable NPCs in the sequel. I'll include him in that, along with Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, & Neera. Viconia is a possibility, but she is hard to work with in a basically good party. Not sure what I will do for a thief in the sequel when Imoen disappears, since there is no other carry-over thief. All of the above are 'pets' of mine, anyway. The CHARNAME will be either Archer, Ranger/Cleric multi, or Skald. I might have to consider a Fighter/Thief just because of the Imoen problem, if I want to stay with the 'everybody plays through' theme. (If only it were allowed an Archer/Thief would be AWESOME!)
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    Alora... she's an annoying little oompa loompa, but I'll always drag her around and keep her safe.
    edited September 2014
    Alora is adorable...and she can steal ANYTHING.

I love stealing most of what some vendor has for sale, and immediately selling it back to him.

Taking Alora on a shopping spree is THE best way to stock up on stuff like arrows, bullets, magic versions of same, potions, etc. Of course, if she does get caught (it happens once in a blue moon, especially with larger & more magical stuff), that store will never sell to you again, even after you have eluded the Fisties.

Good times.

A tip for Alora. Take her on a road trip. Fisties don't seem to get paid much, but Amnian soldiers tend to carry jewels and nice purses, and there are a few other vics scattered around. Oblek is an obvious choice, but you can't get EVERYTHING off him unless he *accidentally* gets killed. (cough#Phoenix Guards#cough)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Shar-Teel in BG1, definately Jan in BG2, though I make a point to try different npcs.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Me? it depend on my mood

Jaheira - if I want some caring over bosses mother around ;)
    Imoen or Alora whoever I feel like having around
    minsc ofc ;)
    Neera, Rasaad are nice too
    Jan and his stories
    Mazzy is cool too
    Nalia and sometimes Aerie

I know I know it not favorite trio but as I said it all really depend on my mood who I like in a party in a given time and I don't have must once.
    You won't make me choose nooo you won't :P
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Imoen , Khalid and Jaheira are the ones I'm mostly attached to , others depend on charname's personality!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited October 2014

Khalid and Mazzy are admirable. :) If Khalid had survived, I'd like to think they would have made a great couple.

If Khalid had survived he and Jaheira would have still be together you know.
    kaguana said:

Khalid and Mazzy are admirable. :) If Khalid had survived, I'd like to think they would have made a great couple.

Would they? Ya never know. Sometimes people drift apart. And with Jaheira having the hots for a certain Godling..... Who knows???

kaguana said:

Would they? Ya never know. Sometimes people drift apart. And with Jaheira having the hots for a certain Godling..... Who knows???
    She have that only because she available because she lost Khalid, and it easy to get attached to someone that is always there for you, that support and help you after you lost someone you love.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    kaguana said:

kaguana said:

She have that only because she available because she lost Khalid, and it easy to get attached to someone that is always there for you, that support and help you after you lost someone you love.
    She jumps on the Bhaalspawn band wagon pretty quickly. Grief is one thing, but Khalid's death may have simply been just the excuse she was looking for. All I am sayin... Ya never know what is going on in a person's head. Only they know.

She jumps on the Bhaalspawn band wagon pretty quickly. Grief is one thing, but Khalid's death may have simply been just the excuse she was looking for. All I am sayin... Ya never know what is going on in a person's head. Only they know.

True that only the person in question can know what is going on in one person's head, but I don't believe she was looking or excuse ( beside it a story and a writing character that the writer decide to make the romance too soon or at all what I would have never done but that is just me).
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831

I really kinda like Rasaad, but he hasn't been a good fit for my parties so far, which have all been shooter oriented.

I plan to do a 'continuity party' sometime, of all characters that are playable NPCs in the sequel. I'll include him in that, along with Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, & Neera. Viconia is a possibility, but she is hard to work with in a basically good party. Not sure what I will do for a thief in the sequel when Imoen disappears, since there is no other carry-over thief. All of the above are 'pets' of mine, anyway. The CHARNAME will be either Archer, Ranger/Cleric multi, or Skald. I might have to consider a Fighter/Thief just because of the Imoen problem, if I want to stay with the 'everybody plays through' theme. (If only it were allowed an Archer/Thief would be AWESOME!)

Fighter/Thief can make a pretty awesome archer itself, just look at Coran.
    Wow, I forgot about this thread. It's really blown up since I was last here.

I'm saddened to learn that Khalid dies in BG2. I'll probably cry when I reach that point. I know I wept softly at certain events in Mass Effect 3.

@typo_tilly‌ mentioned Xan. I, too, admire Xan for being depressed but still putting up a fight. He's incredibly pessimistic, but it seems like maybe that's how he has to speak in order to cope. I know when I was in high school, and even to a degree nowadays, I coped with emotional turmoil by, to put it bluntly, bitching about it. It wasn't for attention. It just made me feel better, and that's what it took to keep living up to my responsibilities. Or, perhaps he's not genuinely as pessimistic as he sounds, and is just incredibly sarcastic, in the way that a lot of depressed people are. In any case, I love him.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,733

I'm saddened to learn that Khalid dies in BG2.

It's a certain lesson for all relatively new users. If you want to avoid spoilers, you should start your threads in the "New Players" area, because if you post anywhere else the chance of getting a bad spoiler is quite big. Of course, you can add a "no spoiler" phrase into a thread title and post it in any of the non-new players areas but still it doesn't guarantee that somebody won't come and give a spoiler.

IMHO, you should learn things from the game and not from the Internet: these games are too good not to taste happy and sad revelations yourself.
    bengoshi said:

I'm saddened to learn that Khalid dies in BG2.

It's a certain lesson for all relatively new users. If you want to avoid spoilers, you should start your threads in the "New Players" area, because if you post anywhere else the chance of getting a bad spoiler is quite big. Of course, you can add a "no spoiler" phrase into a thread title and post it in any of the non-new players areas but still it doesn't guarantee that somebody won't come and give a spoiler.

IMHO, you should learn things from the game and not from the Internet: these games are too good not to taste happy and sad revelations yourself.
    Allow me to clarify: I'm not sad that I now have the knowledge that Khalid dies. I'm sad that he *dies*. I'm typically not bothered by spoilers. In fact, most of the time, as counter-intuitive as it sounds, I'll thoroughly research a quest or a plot detail in a game just to be sure that I obtain the outcome I'm most happy with. I'm a dozen times more dissatisfied by making a decision and being unhappy with the outcome than by having the details revealed to me outside of the game. That's just how I'm wired. Not to mention the fact that a lot of these games are too long and my patience/time too short to be able to rely on multiple playthroughs to learn all the different nuances myself.

I appreciate your warning, though.

P.S.: How do I do italics/bold/etc.? I've tried all the permutations of HTML tags I could think of, and no luck. :P