Skip to content

Beta Question

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Faydark‌ read the post correctly. I know your a dude, Clarity is a dudette...

I must have missed a critical post @elminster‌ !
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    I have a question about this. I paid for the game but its the same price as it would have been if I got it Out.

They also said the game is being released on September 30th. Yet now they removed that from page. Did the game get pushed back?

Also the game was supposed to have all the classes from bg 2 ee. However it says on one page 40 extra classes and another it lists 30 classes. Maybe a typo?

Ive done betas before but closed betas I never understood. If the person has paid extra money then they should be allowed the ability to beta WITHOUT questions asked. Signing a form for that is weak.
  • CasadoomCasadoom Member Posts: 68
    DKnight said:

They also said the game is being released on September 30th. Yet now they removed that from page. Did the game get pushed back?

I am not sure where you got the actual date for but theIWD page said "likely within a month" at the initial announcement (30 August, this is still there). Judging from their posts, this has obviously been pushed back due to potential issues which is, for me at least, completely understandable.
    DKnight said:

Also the game was supposed to have all the classes from bg 2 ee. However it says on one page 40 extra classes and another it lists 30 classes. Maybe a typo?

The icewinddale.com page states: "31 new class and kit combinations from Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, well as the half-orc playable race"

Essentially, any class/race you see in BG2EE, you will also see in IWDEE.
    DKnight said:

Ive done betas before but closed betas I never understood. If the person has paid extra money then they should be allowed the ability to beta WITHOUT questions asked. Signing a form for that is weak.

I have never encountered this before (as in, having a chance based pre-order benefit) either but they had made it clear from the very beginning that this would be the process used.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @DKnight‌ Who paid extra money?

As for the closed beta it like a testing to the game in close group of the people that develop the game and some people that are close to the company that sign on a form to be testers to make sure it run smoothly before they release the game to the public to test one last time before the final release and that is the open beta when everyone that wanna help test the game is gonna be invite but I guess at first it gonna be slowly and not everyone at once till all get invited, one just need the patience, those thing takes time.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    elminster said:

Anduin said:

@elminster ... Are you a testing *gulp* IWDEE? as we speak? For clarity's sake (lovely girl) I wish to ask again...

Anduin can disclose he is not testing as we speak read...

He is one sad mummified corpse...

EDIT: Just realised it is a minefield to disclose you are a beta tester, as everyone will badger you for information. So maybe... If your a weak willed ninny... keep it to yourself... Aaaaah! The complexities! THE COMPLEXITIES!!!

Actually I was working on beating Throne of Bhaal with an evil playthrough I'm doing (in the BG2EE beta). I'm just about to kill Melissan :)

Most of my testing of IWDEE has been for HoW. I'm also in the process of testing all the spells in the game.

Also lovely girl? I'm a dude.

I kind of already said I was beta testing it weeks ago. If people want to badger me for information well...they won't get any info about the game that hasn't already been mentioned to the public :)
    Will there be badgers? ;)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

Varwulf said:

Will there be badgers? ;)

HoF squirrels are comparable to honey badgers.
    Ouch!
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Jealous =(
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    @Varwulf‌ So did I, which is something I wasn't expecting. I'll have to uninstall the IWD/HoW/TotLM I have at the house to give myself a clean slate, as well as put my current games on hold.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564

@Varwulf‌ So did I, which is something I wasn't expecting. I'll have to uninstall the IWD/HoW/TotLM I have at the house to give myself a clean slate, as well as put my current games on hold.

I too was caught very much by surprise. Good luck on your clean slate though :)
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 380
    I didn't get an invite. I hope I wasn't excluded from the beta. The only one of my friend's who are interested in this game got invited and now wants to test out the multiplayer with me.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    "Who left the fridge open?"

• ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    @Sed oh wow thanks for posting that just checked my junk mail and there it is!
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @ForgottenMyth‌ You're more than welcome :)

@Dragonfolk2000‌ Maybe something for you to check as well
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Ugh, I empty my spam and junk mail regularly... Hope I didn't have one there
    I got an e-mail leading to the NDA. I signed it last night before work. Hopefully I'll get a response soon with a code to download it.
  • CasadoomCasadoom Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2014
    @Dragonfolk2000

You need to reply to the email saying you have signed the NDA.
    Yeah, I just realized that. It's taken care of.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Apparently you have to be 18 to consent to a NDA. I was a beta tester for an hour or so. :/
    @CrevsDaak‌ I guess you don't need to feel to bad about not preordering.
    meagloth said:

Apparently you have to be 18 to consent to a NDA. I was a beta tester for an hour or so. :/

Hoo that too bad I'm sorry to hear it @meagloth‌
    edited October 2014
    kaguana said:

meagloth said:

Hoo that too bad I'm sorry to hear it @meagloth‌
    Yea. I was actually able to download it and play before somebody remembered. I still have the app open, I have since Wednesday. I'm just minimizing it overnight.
    I'm actually curious to what this means legally. If I can't legally consented the NDA, but in got the game anyway, does that mean I can post whatever I want without breaking the contract?(I want to make it clear I would never do that just cause I could- not only for the obvious ban ability of this offense but I wouldn't do that anyway; I'm just curious)
    @bengoshi‌ @mlnevese‌ you guys are lawyers, right?
    mlnevese said:

@meagloth Not a good idea.. it would still be illegal, even if you had access to the game by a developer error. And depending on your country it would be your parents who would have to pay for any damage caused.

Ok. That makes sense. Like I said, I would not do that anyway.
    I wish I would have got an invitation to the beta
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    I'm sure more invitations will go out with each new beta build. Keep your fingers crossed.
    edited October 2014
    @Ramza‌ Yeah I'm sure that we will all get one eventually, it just would have being nice to get it when I got the time and not when I'll start working and won't have the time to help test it.

Hoo and I'm also sure that all the invitation thingy goes to one person and that is Dee so he got a lot on his hands for sure, and it will take time, that is all.