Skip to content

Show of hands for IWD2:EE?

So, from the interview found here:
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/icewind/icewindee/icewindeeint.html

It looks like Beamdog have the IWD2 source code, are looking into updating it, but there is more work to do since less code is shared with the BG:EE/BG2:EE/IWD:EE codebase. Which I understand (being a programmer).

I for one am definitely going to buy IWD:EE. I own it but have never played it (just a little too old for me!). Very excited to play IWD with basically BG2's ruleset!

However, I am much more excited about the possibility of IWD2:EE because of its 3E rules. I know I am not the only one. And that got me to thinking - perhaps if we got a show of hands of who would buy IWD2:EE, then perhaps it would be easier to convince the higher ups to invest the time and money into updating it.

I'm sure it is no trivial task and I'm sure that the engine is quite different. But please please look into this Beamdog, it would be awesome. It actually doesn't need much work I don't think, not as much as IWD:EE or BG:EE did. Maybe some graphical fixes so that it plays nicely with current hardware, some slowdown fixes for certain fights that always run very slowly (The Guardian fight, namely), and maybe one or two more feats for a bit of variety. Maybe not even extra feats. Just the graphical and slowdown fixes would be enough for me to plonk down my $20 without a second thought.

Besides, it leads to more chances of similar awesome adventure RPG games which I know we all love.
scriverelminsterSpungiVarwulfLynXSouthpawRAM021Scottfree9000Nimranthe_spyderSilyEkyelkaKenjiGrammarsaladFrozenCellsKamigoroshiJuliusBorisovGeronSoren_The_WildCrevsDaakNonnahswriteraqzinaStarflower2525justfeelinathomemlneveseNifft

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    *scriver holds up a hand
    elminsterNimranRAM021CrevsDaak
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    I would love an IWD3 with 3E or 3.5E rules. Maybe if there is enough interest in IWD2:EE, IWD3 will be made?

I wonder if Wizards of the Coast allows people to make new games using older rulesets? Or would they want to promote their newer rulesets?
    elminsterSilyRAM021
  • StratosjStratosj Member Posts: 30
    I will gladly buy any of the infinity games on android and with all language versions available for double the amount I payed for the originals.
    jackjackRAM021Ekyelka
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    IWD2 was the first IE game I ever beat and holds a special place in my heart. So yes please.
    Ekyelkaaqzina
  • OudynOudyn Member Posts: 74
    Yeah! IWD2EE! And they could design Prestige Classes as kits! Sold.
    Scottfree9000SilyEkyelkaRAM021
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    *watches Yxunomei slither into thread, holding up all 6 hands*

I really have a powerful fondness for 3.x as a ruleset, as its so open and versatile. IWD2 has a great story, but I don't think it was ever even close to BG's popularity, but it offers a decent example of making the game vary depending on your party... the game checks class, race, skills, etc, and this affects the dialogues. Bane Monks were way too good, but they weren't exactly able to trample HoF mode; the game was very challenging imho, especially HoF.
    RAM021DragonspearJuliusBorisovDJKajuru
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Nah. I still have it, and it works fine. No EE needed.

And the reason I still have it was the story bored me, and I never completed it. I periodically have another go to see if I can get into it.
  • FrogmanFrogman Member Posts: 153
    At this point, I'm willing to just give beamdog money for anything. Like, even if they just want to buy groceries with it or pay a parking ticket, I don't care.
    RAM021booinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    /$25
    Ekyelka
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    jackjack said:

IWD3 with 5E rules!
    *flees*

Me too. But it could never happen on so many levels.
  • Scottfree9000Scottfree9000 Member Posts: 18
    Prestige class from nwn 2 = i sold for 25$
    RAM021
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Borac said:

I would rather get good old Darksun, but hey. Sure I`ll raise my hand (and Whisky glass) for an IWC2 EE.

Yeah, I wonder how difficult it would be to adapt them to the BGEE engine? They where somewhat similar. Quad weilding bastard swords FTW.
    BoracRAM021
  • gibby290gibby290 Member Posts: 19
    Hand up! I'd pay much more the $20 for any of the IE games...some of the best gaming I've ever had!
    RAM021Ardul
  • NarcissistNarcissist Member Posts: 65
    I would be all over that.
    RAM021
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Sure, I'd buy that.
    JuliusBorisov
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    *raises hand*
    JuliusBorisov
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    I have loved IWD2 for years but I can't make current versions run smoothly on my current computer. If Beamdog can give me a working version I'd be a very happy girl just for that! Other than wanting to actually be able to play it, though, I'm not sure what other changes I'd really want to see. I like it pretty well as it is!
    kcwiseNimranJuliusBorisov
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Take my moneys!!!
    elminsterRAM021JuliusBorisov
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    No
    jackjack
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I like IWD2, but I feel the scope for enhancement is too low (it already has high resolutions for instance). Id much rather see IWD3 as their next project - time to step it up :)
    jackjackFardragonRAM021JuliusBorisov