Skip to content

Video Series: Rules for Avoiding a Horrible Death in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited November 2014 in Archived News
If you have been following Twitter, the forums, or The Escapist, you have likely seen the first several videos in our newest series that talks about how to survive the terribly dangerous and altogether not-very-friendly climes of Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

Alveus Malcanter (played by Mark Meer, the voice of Rasaad, Baeloth, and Voghiln) offers daily insights from remembering to moisturize before going into battle, to making liberal use of potions, to letting the less squishy members of your party do the dirty work. The videos are first being posted on The Escapist's website (links below), but you can catch up on the videos you missed in our YouTube playlist HERE.

Links to the original videos on The Escapist:
Survival Rule #1: Get Buffed!
Survival Rule #2: Attack the Darkness!
Survival Rule #3: Drink Up!
Survival Rule #4: Everyone is Expendable.
Survival Rule #5: Control the Flow of Time
Survival Rule #6: Go Long or Go Home
Survival Rule #7: Shut the Door
Survival Rule #8: Aim Away from the Face
Survival Rule #9: Talk it Out
Survival Rule #10: Give Up

In addition, you can follow @AlveusMalcanter on Twitter for frequent tidbits to help you survive the Spine of the World.
Post edited by Dee on
MetallomanCrossfire876booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovKenjilolienAnduinNonnahswriterkaguanaCrevsDaakHurricaneThunderCr4zyJtommyDjimmy

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    I think now I know what I'll watch tomorrow morning after the first two coffees and nearly a hundred mails from my colleagues. ;D
    lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited October 2014
    Getting the Dee's thread only now and seeing Trent talking about these videos only now, I understand the Devs have just returned from the effect of the Maze spell by Alveus Malcanter (obviously casted from a scroll, though;)

lolienkaguanaCrevsDaakAristillius
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    I think that todays video, #4 is the best one yet. I personally can't wait to send my friends to their certain deaths just so that they can be happy that they died for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolienbooinyoureyes
    He's possessed by Fistadantilus' spirit!!
    CrevsDaakPibaroJuliusBorisov
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited October 2014
    Clothes don't make the mage!

Edit october 25:
    I was not replying to @AlveusMalcanter‌ i had not seen his post until now!!!
    I totally change my mind. Occasionally clothes make the mage, they especially make the most powerful 1st level mage ever!!!!!
    Post edited by Pibaro on
    meaglothJuliusBorisov
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Pibaro said:

Clothes don't make the mage!

What about a monk? ;-)
    Pibarorufus_hobartJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Sometimes they do !
    JuliusBorisov
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Thank you for the advice @AlveusMalcanter‌ ! I have had my eye on a robe of +5 anti stability for a while now. (I have a lot of thieves in my party...) No excuses now not to buy!

Can I enquire if your are a Necromancer? You certainly seem to be oozing with wisdom!
    lolienkaguanaJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited October 2014
    Hmm @Dee something is wrong with your counting here or is it just me I wonder....
    Dee said:
    Thank for posting the links for us :)
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Oh, finally! I was eagerly waiting for the n.7. :-)
    Metalloman
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    (Sorry for the double post, but I can't add a pic from editing.)

One would assume your relative had a role in this film?
    CrevsDaak
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    @AlveusMalcanter ummm... is this Mark Meer or somebody who took the name to RP? if so... hi! (although I doubt I will get a response confirming it. Meer wouldn't break his RP :))
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @ChildofBhaal599‌ I believe it's not a mere coincidence, it's Mark Meer indeed.
    lolienPibaroCrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    rufus_hobartlolienCrevsDaak
This discussion has been closed.