Skip to content

The new kits - ask away (spoilers)

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
The cat's out of the bag now on the live stream, so let's go ahead and spoil away.

The new kits are Priest of Tempus and Priest of Tyr. The Tyr kit is one I had done for Dorn's ToB storyline that ended up being dropped due to time constraints; the Tempus kit is one everyone wants (including me) for IWD.

The Tyr kit gets Exaltation once/five levels, and Divine Favor once/ten levels. Divine Favor is is a scaling thac0/damage bonus for the priest.

The Battleguard gets Holy Power once/five levels, and Chaos of Battle every ten. Chaos of Battle is an area of effect spell that randomly grants a scaling thac0/AC/save/HP bonus to allies, and penalties in the same categories to enemies.

edit: typos
Post edited by CamDawg on
kcwise[Deleted User]rufus_hobartelminsterCrevsDaakbooinyoureyesGloomfrostkaguanaStarflower2525HeindrichArmanciaKenjijackjackNonnahswriterJarrakulAstroBryGuyJuliusBorisovFinneousPJDexterFrondKavainKloroxFandraxxchickenhedlolien

Comments

• FrogmanFrogman Member Posts: 153
    My first question is: camdawg, why are you so good to us? (Love love love these kits)
    jackjack
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    New kits are fun! Will we see them in BG & BG2? I thought everyone wanted Priestess of Aruil (sp?) kit though?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2014
    Edit: Ignore this :)
    Post edited by elminster on
    booinyoureyes
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2014
    I think I'm going to withdraw my question. So just ignore this.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    good to see gods other than Lathander, Helm and Talos getting a bit of love. No Uthgart barbarian kit though?
    Also I assume Tyr and Tempus are alignment restricted to good and neutral respectively?
    OzzyBotkins
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Good calls, might have liked an evil Ranger to go with the Blackguard, but Clerics really needed some more options badly.

Any possibility of later inclusions, like with BG1EE? Maybe as DLC?

Also, how long until someone one shots Belhifet with 5 Priests of Tyr and a Kensai? ;)
    elminsterbooinyoureyes
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Aw, no new evil cleric? Now theres two good, two neutral, and one evil...
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    CamDawg said:

ajwz said:

good to see gods other than Lathander, Helm and Talos getting a bit of love. No Uthgart barbarian kit though?
    Also I assume Tyr and Tempus are alignment restricted to good and neutral respectively?

We've gone a little IWD2-ish with the kit alignments--they're deity alignment + one step out. So Tempus (CN) is true neutral plus all chaotic alignments; Tyr (LG) is LG/LN/NG.
    Lawful evil still gets left out, Helm or nothing. How about giving us a nice, clean, neutral evil Priest of Shar?

booinyoureyesjackjackArdulMortianna
  • OudynOudyn Member Posts: 74
    MERLANCE said:

CamDawg said:

ajwz said:

We've gone a little IWD2-ish with the kit alignments--they're deity alignment + one step out. So Tempus (CN) is true neutral plus all chaotic alignments; Tyr (LG) is LG/LN/NG.
    Lawful evil still gets left out, Helm or nothing. How about giving us a nice, clean, neutral evil Priest of Shar?

Shar would be great. So would Bane, for that matter.
    booinyoureyesjackjackArdul
  • FrogmanFrogman Member Posts: 153
    Cam - are any weapon proficiency changes planned for these kits? Maybe an axe or two for the tempus?
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    CamDawg said:

Elzarath said:

New kits are fun! Will we see them in BG & BG2? I thought everyone wanted Priestess of Aruil (sp?) kit though?

The problem with Aurilites is that they're hated in the north. It's unlikely Hrothgar or Arundel would approach them for help, and the conclusion in the Vale of Shadows would have to be entirely restructured.

Ahhh, that makes sense. I don't know any of lore around it, just something I had seen people talking about on here.
    booinyoureyes
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    edited October 2014
    Cam, thanks for your availability on this, and in all other things involving these games over the years. With regards to the Tempus kit, seeing as how added axe proficiencies aren't coming, is a spiritual weapon axe projected or possible? I'm sorry if I've missed the answer to this somewhere else.

edit: And if the answer is yes, is a Longsword equivalent added for the Tyr kit?
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited October 2014
    so us servants of the lady fire hair are to remain unrepresented.

My thoughts go out to the poor inhabitants of the north that will have to deal with these boorish militants.
    Post edited by element on
    booinyoureyesrufus_hobartelminster
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    CamDawg said:

There's also a joinable Battleguard already running around the Sword Coast...

I found several Battle Horrors and Doom Guards across my travels in the Sword Coast but I still haven't seen any Battleguards… Unless you mean Branwen, of course, who actually requires a Battleguard of Tempus kit (for the EEs, because I use Divine Remix on BGT, and I'm too lazy to make any kits by myself).
    CamDawg said:

DreadKhan said:

Also, how long until someone one shots Belhifet with 5 Priests of Tyr and a Kensai? ;)

Ah, but Divine Favor is caster-only.
    Actually you would get better results with 5 Priests of Tempus and a Kensai, unless the spell is meant not to be cumulative (and knowing CamDawg, it's probably not going to be stackable).
    elminster
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    But will Tempus' big buff stack with Righteous Wrath of the Faithful?
    CamDawg said:

Not that different is bad, it's just not what I'm goingfor in baseline content.

Hmmm... baseline you say? ;)
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    Personally I was hoping for another Fighter, Thief or Sorcerer kit. But two new cleric kits is nice.

I presume these will also be part of the upcoming BG2:EE 1.3 patch?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @CamDawg: Are the restrictions on changing existing BG NPCs still in place? Or could Branwen actually be kitted as a Battleguard?
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    By "random" for chaos of battle, what do you mean? We randomly get one of the 4 bonuses? We can get all 4 but we have to be lucky? The spell sounds pretty strong otherwise, just like i imagine a real cleric spell!
    kcwise
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Have any npcs or enemies in the base game been reclassed with the new kits?
    booinyoureyeskcwise
  • GarfieslGarfiesl Member Posts: 4
    CamDawg said:

Oh, I don't know. I can't think of anyone in BGEE or BGIIEE who would worship Shar.

Isn't there also a joinable cleric of Shar already running around the Sword Coast ;)

As a more serious question, do the new kits start level 1 with a use of the every 5th or every 10th ability? Or both/neither?
    elminsterbooinyoureyeskcwiseCrevsDaak
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    ajwz said:

Have any npcs or enemies in the base game been reclassed with the new kits?

That is a super interesting thought. Would be cool to make some NPCs "Battleguards of Tempus" or "Tempos"
    kcwise