Skip to content

IWD:EE Pre-Load Starts October 29!

Comments

• BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    edited October 2014
    Could this be something to do with my PC settings?
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited October 2014
    not entirely sure, have you tried downloading it from the link you got in your email? (how i downloaded it)
    failing that what OS are you on? it might be windows messing around or something
    unfortunately i'm not that good with I.C.T so i cant really help any more than that
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Internet Explorer is fond of giving false positives; this is one of those cases.

There's information on how to work around this here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/460950/#Comment_460950
    The problem with the solution is I am not receiving a "Run Anyway" option...
    Tried a different browser?
    Dolt!... I just needed to right click the warning to get the Run Anyway option...Uhm... sorry about that.. uhm.. nothing to see here... carry on....
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    @Dee
    Is there going to be a standalone installer for the pre-load like the BG games had?
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    Ahhhh thank you kindly, you have sated my lust for shiny manuals of goodness. This will satisfy me until you backwards people catch up and let me preload. Almost halfway through the 29th today! Being in the future sucks ;-)
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Hrm. Problems already?!?

Ahhhh thank you kindly, you have sated my lust for shiny manuals of goodness. This will satisfy me until you backwards people catch up and let me preload. Almost halfway through the 29th today! Being in the future sucks ;-)

and i though being 6 hours ahead of canada was a long time...
    are you in australia or something?
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    Correct, @wubble. And being from the future, I can tell you that tomorrow it will rain and your pants will split. Wear clean underwear.
    *Scrolls up* damnit! Didn't see Dee's post coming. Stupid fallible futuresight. Wubble, don't stress about the underwear thing, I could be wrong.
    Tomorrow's only a day away....
    edited October 2014
    You could be wrong about my boxers splitting but as I live in the north of England its almost certain to rain today if it isn't already.
    Fortunately its only a short distance from my flat to my lecture halls :)

Correction: Sod's law dictates that any intelligent weather forecast is wrong
    Blue skies and sunshine even if it is only 10 degrees c
    Post edited by wubble on
  • j3cwillj3cwill Member Posts: 51
    Dee said:

However, due to some technical issues it looks like preloading won't begin until tomorrow. Our apologies to anyone who was waiting today; we'll try to get things going as early in the day as possible tomorrow.

http://youtu.be/6KJcJQNT0i4

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

Hrm. Problems already?!?

It's better to have problems now than on the (planned) release date. This one day skip doesn't change anything - we can wait. The more the wait, the fuller the pleasure from downloading at last :)
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Is there/will there be a stand alone installer (as in no client needed) like there is for BG:EE and BG2:EE?
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Yes
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Thanks guys, you are the best!
  • AnomalyAnomaly Member Posts: 62
    The game page now contains a "Install now" button when logged in, too bad it leads to a 404.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Is there a special link for the stand alone installer or is the Beamdog site 'install now' button the stand alone?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    That button will take you to a page where you can choose between Windows and Mac.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Wiggles said:

Is there a special link for the stand alone installer or is the Beamdog site 'install now' button the stand alone?

The install now button is the stand-alone installer
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    edited October 2014
    Dee said:

That button will take you to a page where you can choose between Windows and Mac.

Yup but currently those two options dont work. Well Windows one doesn't at least. didnt try mac :)
    Error 404 :(
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    If you click on the Windows Installer you get taken to this page - it also appears to sign you out as well.

• CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    I'm sure it will get worked out soon. On another note, does anyone know what time the game will unlock once preloaded? Will it be at the stroke of midnight EST, or some time later in the day?
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    I know it's not up yet, but just making sure that that's the right place to go. Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.