Skip to content

IWD:EE, can't instal

ArabaniArabani Member Posts: 25
I can't instal the game. I've bought it on Beamdog, downloaded the installer, but when I hit it, it says-error executing program.

Comments

• ArabaniArabani Member Posts: 25
    I don't know if it will help, but I'm using window XP.
    And can someone post a working setup file here, please? If it's not against the rulles of the forum.
    Nevermind me, for some weird reason it does not allow me to launch the installer from /my documents/downloads directory. But moving the file somewhere else helps:)
    I'm soryy, but now can't get past "Verification failed due to server error". What is going on with the game?:)) My BG:EE and BG2:EE work fine.
    Ten hours have passed and I still can't log in. I just wonder if it's some outdated certificate on my pc, why can I log BG1 and 2, but not IWD? Do they use different login servers, security protocols or whatever?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Send a message to support@beamdog.com or PM @Dee‌.
    Will do, thank you.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @Arabani‌ I take it this is via the standalone installer.

There are a few threads for the other games that might help.
    http://www.beamdog.com/support/766 mentions system clock, system updates and a certificate update that may be required.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7281/unable-to-sign-in-due-to-a-server-error-please-try-again-later mentions use of a proxy server (e.g. from a work or university site).

Hope that helps, & good luck.
    mlneveseelminster
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Hey folks, I'm getting the same "Verification failed due to server error" that @Arabani is. I'm running XP SP2 and have tried the suggestions about updating the system clock and root certificates but nothing is working. I contacted support@beamdog.com but they suggested I come here. I'm hoping there's someone out there who might have other ideas of what we can do. Thanks in advance to anyone with suggestions.

Well, I wrote a private forum mesage to Dee about a week ago, but no answer so far.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Arabani‌ Send an email to support@beamdog.com
  • RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
    I just cant install the game too. I am running it on windows vista. I've downloaded the installer but when I click on it nothing happens. I've moved it to dekstop and nothing.
    I do have BGEE istalled in this very machine.