Skip to content

What exactly does Wheels of Prophecy do?

shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
edited November 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
I haven't been able to find more than a vague description of how this mod changes ToB - can someone who's played it give me the full rundown?
Post edited by shawne on

Comments

• SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Wheels of Prophecy makes ToB less linear when it comes to chapter 9. So instead of doing the usual, Sendai, Abazagal, and then Balthazar, one could actually do Balthazar, Abazagal and lastly Sendai.

It restores some of the content for the stone heads. It also lets you call out Melissan on some of her crap too.

Hope this is some help to you.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @SapphireIce101: Can you be a bit more specific? What happens if you do Balthazar first? Does challenging Melissan have any effect on the sequence of events?
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    @shawne‌ - To be honest, I've never done Balthazar first, so I have no idea how its different in that regard. As for challenging Melissan, nothing really happens, or at least nothing that I've noticed.
    elminster
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can get to fight Melissan in Balthazar's monastery, she flees when beaten.

Also you get to visit the Sacred Groove one more time in some part of the ToB, and there are additional demonic encounters there.

The mod makes the whole ToB more unlinear:many encounters depend on which order you do things and how you do them. You can never suspect Melissan and play the vanilla game's outcomes still. If you choose different and new options, new and different things will occur. It is a bit complex and I did not have the chance to try all paths/choices. Overall, it adds replayability and keeps you on your toes as you will not be knowing what will happen next. After a few plays, ToB quests become a chore, because they are always, always the same and there isn't even the illusion of choice when it comes to interactions with Melissan. This mod rectifies that.
    NonnahswriterCrevsDaakAbelAbi_Dalzim
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @lunar: Someone somewhere mentioned that if you defeat Balthazar before Sendai, the drow invade Amkethran - is this true? Because wow, that would actually be kind of awesome...
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I don't know for sure, been a long time I played the mod. Maybe @DavidW can shed some light, if he has time.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @shawne - Yeah. In my last ToB run I defeated Sendai, did the monastery and convinced Balthazar to work together and Abazigal's army attacked the town when I exited. I'm assuming it works the other way around as well.
    shawne
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Yup, not only there is a chance army do attacks Amkethran, but there is also the possibility that you can actually suspect Melissan to be behind everything, especially if you have high stats, to the point where you can tell her to fuck off and story will evolve according to what you have done. Beside, she will tell you that even if discovered it is too late for you (and you can do that even pretty early in the story!!); it is pretty awesome and worth it.

Another great add that sadly wasn't restored to his fully glory his Throne of Bhaal revisited. It had a shitload of stuff you could do, and it was usually paired with Wheels of prephecy for amazing walkthroughs

https://sites.google.com/site/bgiimods/
    Abel
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    One problem with the mod is that as far as I know it prevents you from getting certain items from the Amkathran smugglers, like K'logarath and Enkidu's Full Plate.