Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Argh!

it doesn't matter if i have the star at the top of the page checked(lit) or unchecked(not lit), i still get spammed with notifications from this thread :-(

Edit your profile and go to the Notifications Preferences, there uncheck all the Email stuff (recommended) and the "I posted in this thread" or "Give Notifications for every post in a thread I posted in" entries and you should be fine.
    jackjack
  • KriegerKrieger Member Posts: 40
    I just downloaded the latest version for use with Icewind Dale, but when I clicked the "Add" button my Norton 360 immediately quarantined the .exe and .ini files as harmful. Is there any way to edit IWD saves with the 1.0.2.4 version?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Krieger, are you using the SFX installer? If so, then it is running from Program Files. Try the standard zip download, extract to a folder in Documents (or somewhere else) and run from there.

If you are using the zip archive, then I'll need more information.
  • KriegerKrieger Member Posts: 40
    I was using the zip archive. I unpacked it just fine and ran the exe file just fine. Then I clicked the Add button, nothing happened for a few seconds, and then Norton deleted it and told me it had performed something like 15 illegal operations, including a slew of registry changes.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    When you click the add button, the eekeeper.ini is created.
    Surely that's the problem.
    Try manually creating a blank eekeeper.ini file in the same folder you unzipped ee keeper, and try again.
    @Krieger, could you try @Pibaro's suggestion? If that doesn't work, then I'll take a look at reducing how much MFC garbage is written to the registry (there's window placement and size and some toolbar stuff that I'll need to subclass and override), as well as trying to find out a way to write to the INI file without incident.

I don't suppose you have a list of the illegal operations?
  • humaenisthumaenist Member Posts: 5
    hello, i am not sure if this is the right place to post the problem i have but here i go, since i am quite new to this, and for the past hours i have tried to find what i was looking for but with no success, i created a character and i customized his appearance to shadow thief, since i am playing an assassin, but as soon as i equip an armor it resets my appearance back to default, which is "elf male thief", there was no problem with shadowkeeper and original baldurs gate 2, i have some mods installed, but even with vanilla version it keeps reverting back, can someone help me please?
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Is it possible to modify spells ?
    For example, if I want that timestop will last 3 round more than it is,
    or color spray would not only knock to the ground but deal moderate damage.

Can I tweak spells like that?
    Thanks
    @humaenist, I'm not sure about that. It may be a feature in the Enhanced Editions. I'll take a look and see if it is something I did in Keeper and then get back to you.

@brus‌, not at the moment. To edit spells, you can use either DLTCEP or NearInfinity.
  • KanaricKanaric Member Posts: 31
    edited November 2014
    Trying to use EE Keeper to edit a character, change profiencies, in the game and I get a crash.

Game is Icewind Dale EE
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    edited November 2014
    Okay words can't describe how horribly confused I am right now. I'm reading these installation directions for the latest version and I don't remember setting ANY of this stuff up with the previous version. So um, can someone tell me what to do before my brain explodes? I extract EE Keeper and I THOUGHT it would auto-detect my games like the old one did (at least I'm pretty sure that it prompted me to point the folders and it worked from there).

Now it's telling me all this crazy installation path/profile/save directory stuff... ugh.

EDIT: OKAY, never mind. I found out what the problem was. It was mentioning something about the "data" folder in the install directory portion that was confusing the crap out of me, so now I managed to get it working without problems.
    @Kanaric, works fine for me. Can you upload the save you had before editing it? That would be quicker than me asking a whole host of questions about your party, individual characters, current skills, etc. If there's something for me to fix, then having your save would be of great help with that. :-)

@GamingFreak, glad you got it working. I was hoping it wouldn't be too confusing. Since you were confused by it, it would be great to get feedback on it. Is there any way I can word the instructions so that it will be less confusing? Or any other way you think might make it less confusing? That is, aside from dipping into the registry to get the settings from a previous version (I'm doing away with registry access in the next build).
    Pibaro
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Well honestly it was probably due to misreading or the like, but basically when it first told me to find a directory; I was curious why it told me to make a profile name, when it was only when I got it that it was for the sake of looking up *which* game you were planning on editing. Second was with the example of the installation directory, mentioning that the folder you'd want to look for is the "data" folder in the "Baldur's gate enhanced edition" section, when really the folder you'd want is just the basic game folder itself; for example "C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Baldur'sGateEnhancedEdition".

In other words, with the current instructions I thought you had to go a folder further and into "data". Anyway, once that got sorted out the pieces fell together and I got it working.

Hope this feedback helps, but I'm glad it works perfectly for IWDEE (though I'm curious about some of the magic items/spells in the lists, mostly because I don't think certain magic weapons that showed up in BG1 would be in the game, but who knows...)
    edited November 2014
    @GamingFreak,

The 'data' part was actually for the Beamdog client and stand-alone installer. If people use the stand-alone installer for BG2:EE, for example, then it will usually install to C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\. Whereas that is the installation directory for the downloader, not the game.

I have added some instructions for Steam to the second post the first page (third question: Q. Will this work with the Steam version?). If they sound easier to understand when setting it up with the Steam version, I'll add it to the current build (now 1.0.2.6 which will probably be out over the weekend with the feature request to the folder browse, removed registry access (read/write), and simplified the INI a bit more in-code (hopefully all to avoid being caught by Norton as a false positive)) and the translators can work on them when they have time. :-)
    JuliusBorisovTHLINCluas
  • THLINTHLIN Member Posts: 1
    Troodon80 said:

I'll add it to the current build (now 1.0.2.6 which will probably be out over the weekend with the feature request to the folder browse, removed registry access (read/write), ...)

Thank you so much for the work. I am wondering will there be Mac version for 1.0.2.5 or even 1.0.2.6? Really appreciate!
    @THLIN, I'll be pushing a quick fix for some of the issues/requests reported for this version over the weekend. I asked AstroBryGuy to wait since there's little point wrapping and uploading when there'll be a quick-fix so soon. :-)
    THLIN
  • PythonerPythoner Member Posts: 4
    Hiya. I'm getting this error upon trying to load my Icewind Dale EE (Android) save game:

Error (1023): Failed to read the character effectations

Well I had a look at the source code. Here's the culprit, located in your InfCreature.cpp file, located inside a loop that seemingly iterates over all the effects on your character (slowed, fatigue, etc...):

nCount = file.read(reinterpret_cast(pAff),sizeof(INF_AFF));
    if (nCount != sizeof(INF_AFF))
    {
    m_nError = ERR_CRE_READAFFECTS;
    return(false);
    }

Maybe the problem is that there are some character statuses/effects new in IWD:EE that aren't present in BG:EE and therefore not written into your bgEEEffects.dat file either? Would explain why others have been loading their IWD:EE saves with no problem - this error would only be thrown if one of the new effects was active on one of the characters in your party. When I get home I'll try to unequip all my chars and dispel all spell effects, then try loading the save again.

Or have I completely bungled with my interpretation of the code?
    Pythoner said:

@Pythoner,

That would depend on what version of EE Keeper you are using—I replaced 'affectations' with 'effects' in the more recent versions, so you'll need to let me know. I haven't updated the code in over a year. The code on SourceForge is closer to the original Shadow Keeper than EE Keeper.

If you're using the most recent version of EE Keeper, then you'll probably need to upload a save game for me to examine.

The only code updates that are likely at this point is the Qt/master branch. I'll probably put more effort into the Qt version now that there is a Linux version of Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition. I haven't really bothered due to the time required to migrate the whole thing from MFC to Qt.
    Troodon80 said:

Pythoner said:

@Pythoner,

That would depend on what version of EE Keeper you are using—I replaced 'affectations' with 'effects' in the more recent versions, so you'll need to let me know. I haven't updated the code in over a year. The code on SourceForge is closer to the original Shadow Keeper than EE Keeper.

If you're using the most recent version of EE Keeper, then you'll probably need to upload a save game for me to examine.

The only code updates that are likely at this point is the Qt/master branch. I'll probably put more effort into the Qt version now that there is a Linux version of Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition. I haven't really bothered due to the time required to migrate the whole thing from MFC to Qt.
    I tried with both EE Keeper 1.0.2.5 and 1.0.2. Same error in both

Save attached
    @Pythoner, the issue is with the game file rather than with Keeper. It stops on the highlighted effect. The reason being because it's too short, and it's right at the end of the file (so you're also missing global variables, etc.)

I would suggest turning off your device and restarting it, then transfer the games back over to your computer. It looks like something was lost in the copying. :-)
    Pythonerelminster
    edited November 2014
    Nope, just checked - nothing was lost. It's meant to be this size; 0x971c being the EOF

And before you say it - I just loaded up IWD:EE on my Android, the save works fine, nothing was corrupted.
    Try it yourself if you have a copy of the game.
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    how do I get this to work for icewind dale EE?
    @Pythoner, I did try it myself. I'm getting a crash when trying to load the game on either Android or Windows. DLTCEP also doesn't want to open it, and neither does NearInfinity.
    Pythoner
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited November 2014
    Since updating to 1.0.2.5, I can't seem to use any custom portraits in BGEE. Clicking the button to change them now opens a list of default portraits plus some area files (?), and none of my custom portraits show up. Is anyone else having this problem?
    @jackjack, it now scans for all BMP images under the resolution of 1024x1024 and 24-bit, that's why some area images are being included.

I just checked and I have no problem exporting Icewind Dale portraits and placing them in the BG:EE portraits folder, Keeper detects them. Do you have a specific example that isn't working?
    jackjack
    Basically, I have about a hundred custom photos in my portraits folder for BGEE that showed up before but are now absent from the list. The folder is still there on my hard drive, as are the bitmap files, they just don't appear in the list in EEKeeper.
    @jackjack, what path are you using for the user data? The only major thing that has changed is the main setup where you need to add your game path and the user data path.
    edited November 2014
    Here are the paths I've set up.
    C:\Games\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\
    C:\Users\mynamehere\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save\
    And a quick look at Installation Directory screen:
    edited November 2014
    @jackjack, on the User Save Data Directory, remove 'save\'. Then uncheck the Use Custom Save Location. :-)

Edit: then press Apply.
    jackjackCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Thanks!
    JuliusBorisov