1. I like it
      93.81%
    2. I don't like it
        6.19%

Comments

• Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    I like it.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    I voted "Don't Like" with a qualifier. While I like the feature overall, I don't like the way it's currently being implemented. I would like to at least see an option of having a character being required to walk over to the loot in order to pick it up, rather than the current insta-grab of any item within visual range. This idea of "use it, or don't" isn't much of an option as far as I'm concerned.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I voted to like it because there was no 'indifferent' option.
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    Same. Don't care. It's fine, even though I almost never use it.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I've heard of it but... no idea what it is. XD
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    @Belanos You cray-cray! Not having to walk there is the best thing about it! The thing that does annoy me is that it tends to jump the list around wildly if you pick out items at the end of the lineup. Very annoying.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Ok, found it. Derp~
    I like it. I think its been a long time coming.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Show the results button?
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    So far it's almost a tie.

I like it 96 %

I don't like it 3 % - (1 vote)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    As with a fair few here, I don't either like or dislike it. I think the concept is cool. I think the execution still needs a bit of polish before it is ready.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Anduin said:

Can we confirm the one vote for don't like was a mis-click...

Can we confirm?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/571392/#Comment_571392

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    bengoshi said:

Show the results button?

No such luck. You must vote to see the results. I made it that way so people don't wussy foot around.

Come on, take a stand on an issue! It's not a very shades of gray type trick question. :)

I guess "I don't like it as it's currently implemented" is not as resounding a "no" as a "no I don't like it", it is still a "no" for now I guess.

I just saw the other thread about "Quick Loot Bar I hate it" so I made this poll to see if most people felt one way or another about it and maybe provide some feedback.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I love it, though I do think the way you can pick things up without actually walking to them in IWD is a bit cheesy. I can sympathize with @Belanos‌.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    The people have spoken :) and it is an "option".
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    meagloth said:

I love it, though I do think the way you can pick things up without actually walking to them in IWD is a bit cheesy. I can sympathize with @Belanos‌.

Why thank you. It's pretty obvious I'm in the minority on this one. I like the feature overall, I just prefer the way it worked in the BG games, and I would like to see an option to have it function that way. Unfortunately, it sounds like the BG games will have it work as an insta-grab feature as well in time. So I won't be using it much. It wouldn't be so bad if they narrowed down the radius somewhat, but I can grab everything within visual range now, which is too far IMO.

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    Actually I hardly ever use it. But it's a nice enough feature when you want to double check.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Thanks @TheCoffeeGod‌ ... But wait! He said he liked it overall!

*confused*

Obviously a mistake...
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    It makes getting the sweet amulet from the remorhaz in the pit so much easier. No dimension door needed anymore!
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    currently 55 like against 3 don't like, I'd say Overhaul did something right here :)
  • by_the_swordby_the_sword Member Posts: 42
    Belanos said:

I voted "Don't Like" with a qualifier. While I like the feature overall, I don't like the way it's currently being implemented. I would like to at least see an option of having a character being required to walk over to the loot in order to pick it up, rather than the current insta-grab of any item within visual range. This idea of "use it, or don't" isn't much of an option as far as I'm concerned.

I second this. I like being able to see what is on the ground but the insta-grab option makes traps obsolete.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I like it - has a good beat and keeps the party from dancing all over the corpses and potentially missing something good - I give it a 10!

( I am entirely capable of assuming the use of the function is a simplification of my party members discussing who will pick up what and acting on it and have no problem with the line of sight area - if I can see it I can tell someone to go get it while I wipe the blood off my armor and snack on some yeti jerky - and the fact that no one actually walks over to it and back doesn't bother me either)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I love it. No more pixel hunting around doorways and other areas.

I personally only use it after all the enemies are slain.

I do get the but you can quickly pick up a potion on the ground and use it argument but I counter with:

It's your game, play the way you want and I'll play the way I want.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    deltago said:

You can use alt (actually tab since this is BG2) to highlight items on the ground. Highlighting items was one of the features IWD had before BG.

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    QUIK LOOT!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Redrake said:

deltago said:

You can use alt (actually tab since this is BG2) to highlight items on the ground. Highlighting items was one of the features IWD had before BG.

If the drop was obscured by a door (which also highlights when you tab) it can be frustrating to click on the drop.
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2014
    When it comes to inventory management, I'm all for abstractions that make things easier.
    I already thought in Baldurs Gate, that with the messing-up-stacks-bug repaired it would be a great thing. But now seeing how much of a time-saver it is as implemented in IWD - when I played BG again for a while it actually felt like a Slow-Loot-Bar now, so the waiting for patch 1.4 begins.