Skip to content

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited October 2022 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
CrevsDaakNonnahswriterJuliusBorisovjackjackRavenslightelminster

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Small chewable capsules. bubblegum flavour.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovTeflonelminster
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    What you really should be asking is "How do the old guard of D&D players chug their potions so fast?"

Seriously, if the average potion is around 100 to 200 ml, then the ten seconds or so it takes the chracter to swallow it is easily enough time. My NPCs have a bad habit of taking to slong to swallow their potions they either race in and attack someone, or more often just die.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Oh, they just smash it over their heads and let the healing/shielding/hasting/whatevering liquid seep in through their pores and various holes.
    [Deleted User]kcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    NonnahswriterJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]jackjack
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Its magic.
    kcwise[Deleted User]Teflon
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    Actually, if we imagine potions to be about the size of shot glasses (which has to be the case otherwise there's no way you could carry so many of them within easy reach and not hamper your mobility at all), it's not inconceivable. What I'd like to know is how they don't need to make water every five minutes, with all of that liquid that they typically down! XD
    kcwise[Deleted User]jackjack
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The multiverse is full of super technology from long forgotten civilizations, ESP and raw magical energies. But all those archmages, deites and DM have yet to synthesize mundane outdoor drinking systems.
    kcwise[Deleted User]jackjack
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    I never use potions in games, at least during fights. I find the whole concept obtuse and appalling.
    kcwiselolien
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    @karnor00 I avoided drinking multiple potions for years in this game exactly because of that. It still doesn't seem right to me that you can double up with no consequences!

Also remember, in PNP the melee round is one minute (!). That makes more involved actions like this a lot more plausable.
    kcwise
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    Rather fast then slow, then enemy kills u.
    kcwise
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Kaltzor said:

Don't you know that you can just smash a healing potion at someone's face to make it work?

This doesn't work for 1.5 liter wine bottles. Just a heads up!

Also, I demand a mod allowing Dwarven PCs to challenge other Dwarves to a game of Flip Tankard. Winner takes all!
    CrevsDaakgettincrzy[Deleted User]kcwise
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Because they are so bad.
    [Deleted User]kcwise
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    DreadKhan said:

Kaltzor said:

Don't you know that you can just smash a healing potion at someone's face to make it work?

This doesn't work for 1.5 liter wine bottles. Just a heads up!
    At last the effect is the same for me,....
    TeflonDreadKhankcwise
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    They watch beerfest for tips.
    DreadKhanJuliusBorisovkcwise
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    I always thought they were wearing those drink holder hats with straws in them.

Teflonkcwise
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    No, that's a mimic. You can tell by the giant 'Feed me' on the front and the horribly grotesque expression of pain on that man's face.
    CrevsDaakrufus_hobartkcwise
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    CoryNewb said:

I tried to use some Beerfest strategies while recieving the Eucharist. I think one guy started chanting 'Das Challice!', but overall I think challices of wine were not meant for chugging.
    CoryNewbCrevsDaakkcwise
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    DreadKhan said:

CoryNewb said:

I tried to use some Beerfest strategies while recieving the Eucharist. I think one guy started chanting 'Das Challice!', but overall I think challices of wine were not meant for chugging.
    Psh, worship how you want bro. Don't let the man hold you down!
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovkcwise
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    btw the point of the video earlier is the fact that we always have that battle in elder scrolls that we chug potions like crazy, and there we can have as many as we want! at least in BG we are limited to 1 per round :)
    kcwise