Skip to content

Maximum roll

What is your maximum roll for abilities in IWD?
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• FRUTZKFRUTZK Member Posts: 18
    For my first party I tried to get around 90 for each character. Ended up getting 91 for my Kensai after about 15 minutes then gave up on the rest hahaha
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    My personal best was a 98, but unfortunately I was a bit hasty with the button and passed over it without getting a chance to put it to use. My next best, which I did use, was 96. I've actually had a few of those with various characters.
    the_spyder
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    In IWD, my best roll so far has been a Cavalier. 93 points and 18/00 strength. Probably my best roll ever in an Infinity Engine game, honestly.
    sarevok57JuliusBorisovthe_spyderCrevsDaak
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    In theory you could get 108 but the chances of getting it are incredibly low (roughly 2.94x10^-8% chance i think). Realistically if you get anything 90 or above you should be very happy with yourself (i've had a 97 and pressed reroll by accident *sobs* ). if you wan't anything above 95 you may as well use ctrl8 as it will save you a considerable amount of time.
    jackjackthe_spyder
  • MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    Had a 99 on an elven Ranger and a 98 on an elven Assassin. I don't think I've ever gone higher than that.

@wubble: It's about the *journey*, not the destination. It would forever haunt me if I ctrl8ed a character...
    ShikaowubblemeaglothGotural
  • IWDEEIWDEE Member Posts: 4
    Playing on a tablet so I have to ask what's cntrl8 do? I aimed for 80-85 on my current party.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    IWDEE said:

Playing on a tablet so I have to ask what's cntrl8 do? I aimed for 80-85 on my current party.

With cheats enabled (I think) it sets all stats to maximum.

I never understood the need for a high max total. There is usually no benefit at all in investing points in a dump stat and all it says is that you've cheated, spent too much time rolling for 0 benefit, used an autoroller (cheating) or gotten very lucky.

Of course play the way you like but for me it's get the minimum needed for an optimal character and dump stat the rest. Oh Druid dual how I hate you ...
    ShikaowubbleFinneousPJthe_spyder
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Wowo said:

Oh Druid dual how I hate you ...

Yeah, that's probably the hardest one to get. I keep trying to create a new one, but I always give up after awhile and EEKeeping this one character that started out as a half-elf multi, which I lucked out on a roll of 96 with. I wasn't even trying to create a character at the time, I just wanted to see what kinds of proficiencies it got and rolled that number first time out.

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    bengoshi said:

75 does not increase my enjoyment of the game.
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    Never got above a 95, I think I have seen a 96 before though.
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    Just rolled a 96 this morning on a bard - took less than 5 minutes :) Other than that, a bunch of 94's, with a max strength of 18/97 I think ... add the wisdom potion, and charisma tome for another +2 possible (+2 wis, -1 dex ... and +1 charisma)
    jackjack
  • amk320amk320 Member Posts: 15
    I've rolled a 97 on a Blackguard, a 99 on a Cleric/Ranger, and the best I ever saw was a 101 on a Skald, which I unfortunately clicked past.

Forgot to export the 99 cleric/ranger too, so I lost that one.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    I got a 98 on an elven ranger. No re-rolls. I was stunned after doing some 30 re-rolls for an above 87 bard.
  • jimmysdabestcopjimmysdabestcop Member Posts: 74
    Highest I got was a 94 on druid. Took like 2-3 minutes. Super lucky
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    I see that I'm not the only one clicking "re-roll" too fast lol

My best was 94
    wubble
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I rolled a 96 with an 18/00 strength on a dwarven fighter, once. I'm reasonably sure that's the most lucky I've ever gotten in my life.
    Shikaojackjack
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I've had 94 a couple times.
    jackjack
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    94 was probably my best when it comes to IWDEE.

But at a certain point more points mean nothing. Like for instance in the case of my elf archer here.

CrevsDaakjackjackwubble
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    A natural 20
    Shikao