Skip to content

If you enjoy IWDEE and have some time, come and hit up Metacritic to give a review

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
I don't like Metacritic much but I think it's better for everyone when there're actually good (detailed and frank) reviews there.

Many reviews there are just 0/10 or 10/10, so I think we have to give our own opinion. The Metacritic system lets you see reviews by usefullness and this is when you can read really good views. Detailed and quality opinions are interesting to many people when they use Metacritic to decide if it's worth to watch a certain movie and to try a certain game.

So, I think it can be a good idea to post a review of IWDEE there. I've done it already. The Devs should get credit where it's due.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition/user-reviews

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Now i made my second visit on Metacritic.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I read some of the community reviews. Really? "It isn't even Skyrim"??? At that point I was like "Different type of game all together". But ah well.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    jackjack said:

I read some of the community reviews. Really? "It isn't even Skyrim"???

I played Skyrim for all of 3 months and haven't touched it since. It no longer wastes space on my hard drive. The Elder Scrolls peaked with Morrowind, IMO. I've been playing IE games for about 16 years and still going strong. So in a way, I guess this is true :D
    Oblivion was still pretty awesome but I agree that Skyrim never had the same feel to it, I can't put my finger on what was wrong but something was missing.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    As it turns out, some threads take about one month to get the first reply:)

Thanks for your review, lolien!
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited December 2014
    I'm still playing Skyrim! I love the open feel of the world when it comes to exploration, but the quests stink something nasty. Very one dimensional responses. At least IWD does try the good, neutral, bad options even if the outcome is the same.

Fool me once, fool me again.

Oh. Wait.

What's the difference?