Skip to content

BG2EE 1.3 question and answer [RELEASE DATE: 12/16/14]

1235»

Comments

• Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited December 2014
    @Dee‌ can you confirm this release date as posted on eurogamer... barring any major setbacks?
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited December 2014
    dog 2 png

1 week beta?? What the sorcery is this? Can we then expect soon patch 1.4 for BG:EE with those 56 bugs fixed and improved pathfinding included?
    edited December 2014
    @Etamin‌ Please no commentary in this thread. (Im super stoked too, please post in a different thread though... or 3 like i did) ;)

@Dee‌ with such a short beta do you forsee a delay in releasing 1.3 on apple platforms via apple distribution services? Their submission process is notorious for taking longer than google and valve's. If you forsee a delay will it be in the amount of hours or a day(s) in comparison to google and valve's Steam services?

Although i no longer own any apple products, i will try and remember to stay updated during launch day and make a post when the app store and itunes decide to join in on the fun.
    Post edited by Cr4zyJ on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Apple's approval process typically takes somewhere between one and two weeks, sometimes shorter if it's a particularly slow part of the year, and sometimes longer if (like now) it's particularly busy.

That said, we're hoping to avoid any delay at all, but it depends on how quickly the build makes it through approvals.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    well merry xmas -_-
  • DevantharDevanthar Member Posts: 6
    I'll be counting the days. *cradles Google play card in my arms* soon, my precious... soon.
  • DevantharDevanthar Member Posts: 6
    On a side note, is it confirmed how much it will cost on Google play?
  • @Dee THANK YOU! From the last bgee patch, to Icewind dale, to this -- great work. So happy.

Admittedly I read the patch notes on my smartphone on the subway, so I may have missed it, but will thrown daggers now include strength damage? I saw the thac0 issue was fixed for thrown weapons, but what about damage? Needs me a throwing dagger wizard slayer...
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314

My question is.. has 1.3 somehow affected my mods?

Did you re-install the mods after the update? The Beamdog / Steam updaters will overwrite / delete most mods. At the very least, dialog.tlk will be overwritten, which affects all text installed by the mod.
  • AzaloomAzaloom Member Posts: 56
    Where are you supposed to report BGII:EE 1.3 beta bugs? Right of the bat when I start with imported character the lower bar indicates she's wielding an axe from BGI final save, but inventory is completely empty, as with all others in Irenicus' dungeon.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486

Admittedly I read the patch notes on my smartphone on the subway, so I may have missed it, but will thrown daggers now include strength damage? I saw the thac0 issue was fixed for thrown weapons, but what about damage? Needs me a throwing dagger wizard slayer...

I tested this quickly with normal throwing daggers and it seems fixed. You get thac0 bonus from dex and dmg bonus from strength.
  • 314314 Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2014
    Bercon said:

I tested this quickly with normal throwing daggers and it seems fixed. You get thac0 bonus from dex and dmg bonus from strength.

edited December 2014
    We are all excited (myself especially) about having a release date for this week BUT...
    @314 @azaloom, this is not a discussion, commentary, or meme thread, as previously mentioned. PLEASE READ THE ORIGINAL POST FOR RULES. This thread is only for questions and answers for devs. Watering this down with anything else only does a diservice to the community and yourselves by making it more difficult for devs to identify questions readily and take this thread seriously(in the aspect that they will check it regularly for real questions). It also makes it harder for people to find answers.
    Please post commentary in other threads like "THE road to 1.3" in the news thread.

The devs have been FANTASTIC about responding to our questions here. Please help us maintain this clear line of communication with them.

A moderator has already stepped in to echo this.
    bengoshi said:

I have to remind everyone this thread is for questions for the Devs and answers from them. This thread is not for a chitchat.

Please, respect the following rules from the OP: "quotes original post"

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Now that the Road to 1.3 forum is open, there's no need for this thread. Everything you need to know is in the Road to 1.3, here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories/the-road-to-v1-3-(bgii:ee)
This discussion has been closed.