Skip to content

BG2EE 1.3 question and answer [RELEASE DATE: 12/16/14]

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Is there any chance we will have the option to choose more colors to customize skin, hair and dress during character creation?
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited November 2014

When are we going to see new patches for the first two games, maybe with the enhancements we saw in IWD:EE (like the new cleric kits)?

Please read the original post. Do not ask the devs for a release date. They either dont know or cant tell you. Please stick to questions you know they could be able to answer. Its just a guess, but they are probably more likely to ignore your question(s) if you ask for a release date.
    Post edited by Cr4zyJ on
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited November 2014
    Since you are answering most question then i will add mine :). Will we have more Baldur's Gate 1 movies remastered for Enhanced version? We still miss few like Beregost or Wivern area. I remember when in one patch you add few more, it was great addition. I know, it's patch 1.4 question for BG:EE :).
    Post edited by Etamin on
  • kuuporakuupora Member Posts: 8
    Hello Dee,

I'd like to know if these bugs are going to be fixed in the upcoming patch?

[Known 10082] Multiplayer - Viewing another player's record sheet kicks that player out of shop.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/35652/known-10082-multiplayer-viewing-another-players-record-sheet-kicks-that-player-out-of-shop#latest

[Known #8763] Multiplayer client traps fail to damage enemies after a rest or area transition

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34605/known-8763-multiplayer-client-traps-fail-to-damage-enemies-after-a-rest-or-area-transition#latest
  • lvdisturbed1lvdisturbed1 Member Posts: 20
    Dee said:

Just offering some real-time information:

Today we did a quick run-through of the game's major features and we uncovered a few things that will need to be addressed before we hit beta.

The game is looking really good, though, and there are some things coming down the pike (pipe? pile? piton?) that I think will make a lot of people very happy.

Will the Android version finally be released at the same time when the patch goes live for other platforms or will we continue to be shunned like lepers?

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Will the patch include any story content changes/revisions?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *Little shiver of joy runs up and down Anduin's spine...*
  • vdrandomvdrandom Member Posts: 1
    Any chance of difficulty setting being the same as in IWDEE? With separate option for HP rolls?
  • alastair93alastair93 Member Posts: 117
    Are any new spells being added from IWD?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2014
    Cr4zyJ said:

Russian (No?)

Are any new spells being added from IWD?

Not for the 1.3 patch.
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    Dee said:

The game is looking really good, though, and there are some things coming down the pike (pipe? pile? piton?) that I think will make a lot of people very happy.

I hope the things coming down the pipe are more than just Android, iPhone, quick loot and the various game breaking bugs!
  • FinalOgreFinalOgre Member Posts: 7
    Is the animation speed for the Gesen bow going to be fixed? I've never understood why an item that shoots spears of lightning would shoot them with all the speed of a paper airplane. Seems like this would be a simple thing to remedy...
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Will the bug for Darkmoon monks regarding the "Chill Touch" display instead of "Frozen Fists" be addressed like it was in BGEE?
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66
    edited November 2014
    Will the dialog.tlk and other file needed for Weidu mods (I believe it was chitin.key) be separate and editable for all games when the bg2ee patch comes out? Mobile platforms cancan't use Weidu mods unless those are available to be edited.

On the mobie devices those files are lumped into an obb file iirc. Which makes it impossible to mod them using weidu mods.

Thanks
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Exactly which weapons will Malaaq be able to import?
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    edited November 2014
    Dee said:

Today we did a quick run-through of the game's major features and we uncovered a few things that will need to be addressed before we hit beta.

Dee, could You tell Us how're things going?

• ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    How goes the testing, Dee?
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    @Dee whats the progress of the patch ? are we down to 10 regressions ?
  • 314314 Member Posts: 20
    we all doomd
  • ObtotherObtother Member Posts: 1
    Any way that cut scenes will be updated like BG 1 EE?
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    Come on @DEE give us something...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    CamDawg said:

Exactly which weapons will Malaaq be able to import?

I've spoiled it elsewhere, so don't click if you wish to be surprised.

The original list was: Burning Earth, Ashideena, Bala's Axe, Suryris's Blade, Grave Binder, Staff Spear +2, Staff Mace +2, Sling +3, Varscona, Krotan's Skullcrusher, Root of the Problem (which isn't even available in BG), Kiel's Morningstar. We dropped the Root of the Problem, since it's not available in BG.

If you're starting a new game, the game will try and select the best weapon from the list for your character, based on your proficiencies, class, and kit.

Since many of these are unique and already available elsewhere in the game, some additional changes had to be made. E.g. if you get Ashideena on import, then you'll not find it during the Unseeing Eye quest. If you get a different import, Ashideena will be found where it always is.
    @CamDawg‌ is the best-weapon-selection-list externalized (as a .2DA or .SQL or whatever) or is it not? I am planning to use it for one of my mods and it's impossible to edit the executable in the EEs.
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    ^^ Is that screenshot from 1.2 or 1.3?
This discussion has been closed.