Skip to content

Your Favorite Beer Thread!

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989

Come on, maybe it's not the most exotic one, but when you pick a one liter mug, you drink a sip of it, you look at the mug and you see that your sip was a half liter sip.... you realize that the HB is the best one!!!!
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    imageimage
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063

imageimage

with Strhoh rum then its nice :P
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    It's not beer though, I mean can you drink it from a stein?
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    wubble said:

It's not beer though, I mean can you drink it from a stein?

Rammstein ? Hell yeah... Teine + Sugar = Feuer Frei... As seen in Figure 1.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited November 2014
    Three Philosophers, Brooklyn Brown Ale, Abita Purple Haze, Bass Pale Ale, and Old Chub Scotch Ale.
    Although give me any good Ale, Belgian, or Pilsner, and I'll drink it happily.
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    German beer ftw!!!

The annual German market is in town again, so the whole of Birmingham is currently crammed into Victoria square in order to sample the delights of bratwürst, schnizel, prezels, and - of course - German beer.
    ill bet i would like all of them :P

But where the hell is the christmas beers !!!!!! :O)
    lordkim said:

When I get back home I'll see if I can post a picture of whatever beer my mum has bought for Christmas.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    There are so many great beers and beer styles out there (not to mention great brewers and breweries) but for me I think my favourite has always been the one before I realise I've had one too many.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    lordkim said:

Here you go:

You live close to Belgium ( Relativly ), I'm sure you will be able to get one of those ;-)
    Not a beer but has anyone tried this?

It's nice.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    edited December 2014
    @mch202‌ you don't live to far away from me I think.
    Monks are usefull around here!

Zundert Trappist is populair, and really nice. It's expensive ( €6 in the local special beer bar, other special beer is around €3,50) my boss was suprised when there were 24 Zundert's on the bill at the "quarter closing" meeting.

I now have some bottles of Cuvee van de Keizer in the basement. I rate my beers in Untapped (the app) these days, to keep on track.
    More Beer needed!

I have this in my wardrobe (along with some vodka and some moonshine).
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    edited January 2015
    We have some great local breweries in Edmonton. I'm a fan of Yellowhead, a locally brewed lager. In fact I'll be having one at lunch shortly. Mmmm.

I was in Pennsylvania a few years ago and had two local beers that I would sell my firstborn child to be able to get here: Yeungling, and Dock Street's Man Full of Trouble.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

I was in Pennsylvania a few years ago and had two local beers that I would sell my firstborn child to be able to get here

But not your second-born child?

I see how it is. :P

On-topic: I'm not much of a beer person. Sorry. :/ But I did get introduced to irish cream over the holiday season, and it's probably become one of my favorite drinks of all time now.

I was in Pennsylvania a few years ago and had two local beers that I would sell my firstborn child to be able to get here

But not your second-born child?

I see how it is. :P

On-topic: I'm not much of a beer person. Sorry. :/ But I did get introduced to irish cream over the holiday season, and it's probably become one of my favorite drinks of all time now.
    Irish cream?!? In a beer thread? You sir, are brave.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I recently moved to Victoria, B.C. and there are also some great breweries here. Phillips has done a couple limited releases that I've really enjoyed since the move. The Crookeder Tooth Pumpkin Ale and Polaris Milk Stout. You can get Phillips up in Edmonton, just not those.

For non-local I've had a boot of König Ludwig Dunkel at the Rathskeller Schnitzel House.

The strangest beers I tried last year were a Kelp Stout from Tofino, which was exactly what it sounds like, and Tactical Nuclear Penguin, which was disgusting.
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    I've had Phillips Blue Buck and liked it. I'll have to see if I can find some of their other stuff next time I'm on the coast.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    "Gimi anudder BEER! Or ELSE!!!"

Oh, wait. you weren't asking "Favorite beer threat!" were ya?
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    This thread is making me thirsty. Too bad I have work tomorrow.
    Wilbur said:

I'm going out to the pub tonight :smiley:
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    wubble said:

Wilbur said:

Have fun mate but not too fun. It will make your head hurt :)
    Wilbur said:

wubble said:

Wilbur said:

Have fun mate but not too fun. It will make your head hurt :)
    Cheers, have lectures at 11 so I won't be getting rat arsed.
  • skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110
    By the end of today I'll have spent about 25 hours in my local this weekend. Unfortunately I can't drink I work there
    edited November 2015
    Wuhuuuuuu its christmas time in Denmark again :smiley:

We call i J- Day, because its the day the christmas beers officiel comes on the street :O)

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink:

Old Engine Oil

Actually I'm more of a rum drinker these days.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I've drank my fair share of beers over the years, but nothing beats the locally brewed beer I drank at a pub in Shanghai, China: Boxing Cat Brewery Pale Ale. They had their pub in their brewery so you could see the tanks behind glass walls. Amazing place.

Nowadays I try to drink organic brews, both wine and beer, so the selection is much more narrow. Sierra Nevada has really good beer, I prefer their pale ale. Then we have a danish company called Örbaek (I think) that make a fantastic black lager caller "dark horse".

In Sweden the beer market exploded like 5 years ago so every town has a multitude of micro breweries. In my town, Gothenburg, there are like 10 at least. So it's really easy to find really high quality beer in pretty much any pub nowadays.

I predict cider will be the next big thing. Soon people will start to make their own ciders and you will see micro-breweries popping up with different variants of cider. It will start a whole new hipster trend. mark my words, remember where you read it first!
    BillyYank said:

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink:

Old Engine Oil

Actually I'm more of a rum drinker these days.

I've tried old engine oil, It's bloody lovely.