Skip to content

#10706 Familiars should not stop the Temple of the Forgotten God quest from completing

HaruchaiHaruchai Member Posts: 4
edited November 2014 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
Hello,

when arriving bottom level in Temple of Forgotten God, my journal does not get updated, even after clicking the shrine and picking up the vial.
After this, Arundel does not recognize the quest as done, so no way to progress after that.

I am playing on an iPad.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    A save game could be very helpful for the developers to identify the cause of this issue.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I'm pretty sure that in order to be able to complete the TotFG quest, you have to do two things:

1. You have to have the vial when you return to Arundel.
    2. Your journal has to be updated. I think you either need to wait in the area for a certain amount of time or go close to the altar or something like that. I remember a time when playing the original IWD where I got the vial but left the shrine before the journal was updated and I couldn't finish the quest.

If neither of these is the problem then I've got nothing.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @Haruchai‌
    Did you use the quickloot bar to pick up the vial, and did you click on the shrine from a distance. If that is the case, try returning and walking to the shrine through the centre of that area. & please advise if this works as we'd then be able to get it raised as a bug.
    Thanks
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Member Posts: 4
    Yes I picked up vial with quick loot bar. Unfortunately your workaround to walk to the shrine through the center of the area does not work, neither does dropping and picking up the vial again works.

Thanks for raising a bug.
    @Haruchai‌
    I cannot reproduce your issue on iPad so cannot raise as an issue yet. Did you do anything else in that area. Also, do you have iFunbox, iTools or similar so you can copy and attach your save here so we can investigate further?
    Thanks

(I have raised issue #10692 in respect of being able to loot the vial from a distance but that should be resolved by returning and walking over the area)
    Please find save game attached

thanks !
    Gate70
    Thanks @Haruchai‌ it looks as if the familiar got there first and that messed it up.

I think this save should get you working again while I log the issue.
    Thanks many times @Gate70 !
  • SatanisSatanis Member Posts: 2
    @Gate70 here is that save.
    tsotzo
  • SatanisSatanis Member Posts: 2
    It's working!! Many thanks @Gate70
    JuliusBorisov
  • tsotzotsotzo Member Posts: 3
    hello to everyone i have the same prob.. should i send my save?? im playing from pc...
    tsotzo said:

hello to everyone i have the same prob.. should i send my save?? im playing from pc...

• IdahoIdaho Member Posts: 608
    edited January 2015
    @Gate70‌ Same bug here, some solution? Even i had familiar
    Post edited by Idaho on
    edited January 2015
    OK, try this @Idaho‌

@tsotzo‌ feel free to attach a save if you haven't progressed via an earlier save.
    Thanks

& a reminder for myself or others of what the trigger should do.
    [Spoiler]
    C:SetGlobal("Heartstone_Stolen","GLOBAL",1)
    C:Eval("SetQuestDone(5063)")
    C:Eval("AddJournalEntry(2052,QUEST)")
    [/Spoiler]
    tsotzo
  • Devinb88Devinb88 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    I am having the same problem as everyone above. I believe I let my familiar get there first as well. I am running on PC. Attached is my save. Thanks!
    Post edited by Devinb88 on
    edited January 2015
    Gate70 said:

Thanks. Its could be fixed just by commands in console? Wouldnt be better to just make small guide how to do it? It could save your time, you know ;)

Edit: @Gate70 Its not working :P Journal is updated, but mr A still dont want to continue in story and still sending my into that temple for heartstone

edited January 2015
    That updated save, i just came to mr A in Kuldahar
    edited January 2015
    OK, I had a couple of quick saves zipped so must have attached the wrong one @Idaho‌

Try this.

There are instructions on using the console - found them eventually.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29678/about-this-forum-troubleshooting-faq
  • Devinb88Devinb88 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks alot that worked out nicely!
    <block@ldaho thank you i restart the whole game and i pass this part. ;) thnk you for your time..