Skip to content

Keep up the good work

MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
edited January 2015 in Off-Topic
Hey guys,

lately I've been roaming around in some other forums(non-EE games) and I was frankly shocked how people treat each other. At least here people are respectful and well-mannered towards each other, even when they have strongly differing opinions. I always thought this goes without saying but in the last few weeks I learned that it doesn't.

So I just wanted to say that you all of you guys I had the pleasure of dealing with here so far are awesome. Please stay the way you are so that this forum can keep its positive atmosphere!
wubblejackjackNonnahswriterSkatanLundmaNJuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHMoradinloliencmk24NimrankcwiseWilburPibaro

Comments

• MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    @MrGoodkat‌

I think it all boils down to the fact that quite a few of us are older than the general gamer. I mean, if we're on this forum it means we played the original games when they came out 15+ years ago, which makes us in our thirties if not older. And older people are less likely to jump at each other's throat, figuratively speaking.
    Plus, we have *passion* for the games, coupled with the notion that they're so vast that even after so many years, you can still learn something new about them (just yesterday I did the water elf quest in Easthaven for perhaps the first time ever). But most importantly, when you discover someone you know played BG, SoA, IWD or P:T, you feel kinda connected to the guy (or gal), you had similar experiences and were almost certainly fascinated by the same games for the same reasons when you were kids. And now that you're an adult, you feel these same people are a little bit like your friends or your brothers in BG if you want. And I'm generally not hostile to my friends, unless I catch them pickpocketing me.
    lolienMrGoodkatkcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Well, the forum does get some rather nasty people occasionally, but the mods actually do the job here, so those people don't last very long. Honestly, those other sites also have rules, but no one really enforces them, so the nasty people rule those sites. This forum is the only one I have ever actually joined because of this.
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolienjackjack
  • MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    Dee said:

Just shifting this thread to Off-Topic. Carry on!

Sure, thanks. I've been so active in the IWD part of this forum that I naturally posted it there ;D
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolienjackjack
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited January 2015
    This thread is getting too sweet and friendly.

image removed. Come on.
    Post edited by Dee on
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    That's some...not-so-good language for a PG-13 forum...
    lolienjackjack
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    :(