Skip to content

The great U.S. blizzard of 2015

2»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2015
    deltago said:

Thank you for the heads up. We have now appeased the snow gods by building 1,299 snowmen in an hour in Canada's national capital.

I can't remember. Is Canada's national capital Chillywack, Mount Royally Cold. or Brrrrlington?

:p
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    elminster said:

deltago said:

Thank you for the heads up. We have now appeased the snow gods by building 1,299 snowmen in an hour in Canada's national capital.

I can't remember. Is Canada's national capital Chillywack, Mount Royally Cold. or Brrrrlington?

:p
    *Casts Facepalm Self*
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Nah... It has the bureaucratic name of The National Capital Region so it can include a tiny piece of Quebec so the French don't feel left out. It also contains four level of government to run our lives: Federal, Provincial, Municipal and the NCC.

I wish I was joking about this, but I am not. :neutral:
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Here in Chicago we were poking fun at the east coast's freaking out about their blizzards, since we've had a really mild winter (after one of the coldest and snowiest ever last year). Yesterday we got almost 20"! Barely slowed the city down at all. I think we were all made honorary Canadians last year...
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Yeah I went to college at Northwestern, but lived on State and Delaware near Washington Square Park in Chicago proper. I don't miss the winters. We got hit again, but only about 3-4 inches.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    oh, nice. I live in Evanston and work down near the Art Institute. We're like former neighbors!