Skip to content

First Patch Date?

Curious when we can expect the first patch? Game is running well but a couple things like biography fixes will of course be nice when they come about.
jackjack

Comments

• SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I think the next big thing will be the BG2:EE patch followed by some engine fixes for BG:EE.

So after that, unless something game breaking pops up.
    jackjack
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Any update on when the first IWD patch will be? Just curious since last year has come and gone.
  • MivsanMivsan Member Posts: 139
    Knowing Beamdog's patching speed, I'd say someone messed up and posted the "probably this year" statement a bit too early. It was actually meant for 2015, which does seem possible, though there's no guarantee.

Please treat the above as more of a lighthearted tease, rather than some spiteful comment. People at Beamdog are generally doing a good job.

Though I have to admit, waiting for over a year for bug fixes to BG2:EE (that eventually arrived in 1.3.) has left me rather drained of hope for fast future updates. Obviously they were working on IWD:EE behind the scenes then. Well, now they're working on Adventure Y. So yeah, I guess it may take a while.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    If I've identified the pattern correctly, they will probably release a patch before they release Adventure Y (the upcoming BG1 to BG2 bridging adventure).
    jackjackSionIV
  • tiguidoutiguidou Member Posts: 53
    Mivsan said:

Knowing Beamdog's patching speed, I'd say someone messed up and posted the "probably this year" statement a bit too early. It was actually meant for 2015, which does seem possible, though there's no guarantee.

Please treat the above as more of a lighthearted tease, rather than some spiteful comment. People at Beamdog are generally doing a good job.

Though I have to admit, waiting for over a year for bug fixes to BG2:EE (that eventually arrived in 1.3.) has left me rather drained of hope for fast future updates. Obviously they were working on IWD:EE behind the scenes then. Well, now they're working on Adventure Y. So yeah, I guess it may take a while.
    Yep. it will take a while for me to buy it !
    Abel
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    edited January 2015
    hiow do patches affect saved games? Compatible or start again?
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    They haven't yet screwed up any saved games that I know of.
    jackjacklolien
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited January 2015
    Certain fixes, especially content-related ones, will only apply to new games, though. Personally, the gulf between 1.2 and 1.3 is big enough that I restarted both my good and evil campaigns (imported from BGEE). Going forward, I'll likely do the same with all three games when new patches roll out.
    JuliusBorisovTJ_Hookerlolien
  • PumpernickelPumpernickel Member Posts: 55
    jackjack said:

Certain fixes, especially content-related ones, will only apply to new games, though. Personally, the gulf between 1.2 and 1.3 is big enough that I restarted both my good and evil campaigns (imported from BGEE). Going forward, I'll likely do the same with all three games when new patches roll out.

So the next IWD EE patch may contain fixes that require starting a new game?
    jackjacklolien
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

jackjack said:

So the next IWD EE patch may contain fixes that require starting a new game?
    Require is too strong a word. Every patch has the potential to require a new game in order for all of the fixes to apply, and though IWDEE is no exception, old saves will typically still load and be playable. I just prefer to restart, personally (to be fair, this also appeases my restartitis).
    TJ_HookerJuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Now it seems that this patch may be closer than we thought, because here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/603443/#Comment_603443 the developer uses the term "the upcoming" patch. I think that this term is usually used when something is at least at 80% done. Or at least is under the beta-testing.

So, I would bet the pach is under the beta-testing which means we're about a month from its release.
    wubblejackjacklolien
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited February 2015
    Just to clarify how the patches works, if you have already visited an area where a bug is fixed, your current save will have a copy of the area with the bug and the fix will only apply to your next game.

So unless you feel some bug fixed by a patch has broken your current game, there is no reason to start again after patching.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    elminsterjackjacklolienJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    and in some cases fixes will apply to even an existing game. It depends on the nature of the fix.
    jackjacklolienJuliusBorisov
  • KhoryaceKhoryace Member Posts: 79
    As the title says, when can we expect the patch ?! I really want to restart a game with maximum difficulty and no bonus xp!!!
    Check the latest beamblog post

http://www.beamdog.com/beamblog
    JuliusBorisovrede9
  • KhoryaceKhoryace Member Posts: 79
    Thanks!!
    JuliusBorisov
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    1.4 patch is coming according to the beamblog
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Soon...
    I'm assuming this thread just got hit with a wild surge: merge :)
    DreadKhanmlnevesejackjackJuliusBorisov
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @elminster This particular wild surge has been happening a lot lately. Must be a bug in the random number generator :)
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
    It's surged because there's no official thread about the upcoming 1.4 patch
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited February 2015
    If they don't fix the silly selection sound issue I'm going to be a sad sad panda. It gets on my nerve so much I literally can't play it. If I was on the developer team that's a bug that'd never made it to production you can be sure of that. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36231/10160-all-rare-selection-sounds-should-only-play-when-a-character-is-repeatedly-selected
    smeagolheartjackjack
    I hope that one's fixed too, really annoying.
    jackjack
    mlneveseelminsterby_the_swordNimran
  • PumpernickelPumpernickel Member Posts: 55
    bengoshi said:

Well you got the panda part right. Though he doesn't look particularly sad.

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Because he is happy panda.
    elminsterNimranJuliusBorisov
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Happy panda here. Can I haz patch now plz kthx
    elminsterJuliusBorisov