Skip to content

Old timer just bought BG:EE - Question

ebaymeebayme Member Posts: 3
edited February 2015 in New Members Welcome Area
Hello everyone!

Originally bought and played BG way back when it was first released. To this day it remains one of the best games of all times if you ask me so I was very happy when I saw that the game had been re-released with a modern approach.

I only have one question. I purchased the game on Steam and everything is working pretty dandy (sure there are some unexpected crashes when loading and saving while playing COOP with my buddy) but whenever I look at screenshots from other players their game looks entirely different than mine?

My game looks and feels like the Original Baldur's gate. Textures, characters, maps, everything is like the original. The screenshots I see (even the ones on the main website of the game) looks updated and "modern".

I should also say that the interface looks updated, but the portraits, models and textures in the game look different than the images I've seen.

Am I missing something here?

"EDIT"

Guess I should say that I have not "updated" the game in steam. All my other steam games update automatically so I might very well still be playing the original release. For you steam users, do you have to manually update the game? I'm not by my computer right now so I can't really check.

Thanks!
Post edited by ebayme on

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Are you sure you're not playing the 'original' game on Steam? Although I've got hard copies of BG and BGEE I've also got downloaded versions of both - Original BG and BG2 from GOG and BGEE and BG2EE from Steam.
    RavenslightMusignyJuliusBorisovlolien
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Have a :cookie:!
    MusignyJuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Welcome and have fun enjoy the game!
    :cold_sweat:
    mlneveseJuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien
  • ebaymeebayme Member Posts: 3
    I realized that people might have modded their game to look different :)
    Slowly getting back into the Baldur's gate feeling of things. Man I missed this game.
    wubbleCrevsDaaklolien
  • theonlypeejtheonlypeej Member Posts: 44
    don't for get the user scale interface... dynamic changes on my end
    lolien