Skip to content

Never Seen Star Wars

13»

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Coutelier said:

That and Monty Python of course, or Top Gear, or Are You Being Served?

And don't forget Fawlty Towers. John Cleese was brilliant in that one.

the_spyderCoutelier
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jorge duartethe_spyder
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

@typo_tilly - no one is forcing, nor trying to convince you to watch New Who. I am just saying that although I liked season 1 and appreciated Chris for bringing the show back, it gets MUCH better later on. Nuff said.

You fiend! :u Stop forcing me to watch New Who!

Don't listen to the spyder! ^-^ I have been locked up for days in a clammy basement (clammy, I say!) being forced watch terrible terrible things! -- And the new Doctor Who. :p
    And the NEXT thing in the DVD player is Twilight. The entire Series.... EXTENDED edition.... Noooooooooo!
    NimranNonnahswriter
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

My list is long (as are most) but one big one is Citizen Kane as well.

Ha, i'm watching that in journalism class right now. we're about halfway through, I guess. Its ok. Nothing life changing, but seems good so far.
    CrevsDaak
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

@typo_tilly - no one is forcing, nor trying to convince you to watch New Who. I am just saying that although I liked season 1 and appreciated Chris for bringing the show back, it gets MUCH better later on. Nuff said.

Don't listen to the spyder! ^-^ I have been locked up for days in a clammy basement (clammy, I say!) being forced watch terrible terrible things! -- And the new Doctor Who. :p
    And the NEXT thing in the DVD player is Twilight. The entire Series.... EXTENDED edition.... Noooooooooo!
    I'm quite sure this falls under the International Convention against Weapons of Mass Destruction...
    CrevsDaakNonnahswriter
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    mlnevese said:

I'm quite sure this falls under the International Convention against Weapons of Mass Destruction...
    Well, cruel and unusual punishment at the very least.
    CrevsDaakmlneveseNonnahswriter
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Belanos said:

Coutelier said:

That and Monty Python of course, or Top Gear, or Are You Being Served?

And don't forget Fawlty Towers. John Cleese was brilliant in that one.

I've seen that at least.

I have read The Lord of the Rings as well, although it was a long time ago when I was quite young so I don't really remember a great amount of detail from the books (except that there was an almost excessive amount of detail at some points).

I've seen Game of Thrones and read the books. In some ways I do think the show is better, as the ongoing soap-operaness of it all works better on TV. I like books to have endings of sorts, rather than just stopping suddenly all the time.
    CrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaak
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I never read Harry Potter, nor do I want to.
    Funny thing is, I actually owned the fourth Harry Potter book as a child, but I never read it. Got it for Christmas or something. I simply hate the characters, especially the protagonist.

I also never read the Lord of the Rings, despite the movies being some of my favourite movies of all times and the Hobbit being one of my favourite books. I tried to read them, but BOY, are they exhausting. While we are at it, I didn't watch the third Hobbit movie. The first two where such a let down, that I just didn't care anymore :/ Gonna wait for the DvD release.

Aside from Final Fantasy 9, I never mangaged to play any other game in the series for longer than an hour.
    Final Fantasy 7 outright appalled me, thanks to unmeasurable overhype, spoilering and the aesthetics (blargh, cyberpunk).

I love the Zelda comics by Akira Himekawa, but I never really played any of the games. I tried the Oracle games for the GBC, Windwaker, Twilight Princess and a Link to the Past but none of them hooked me.

In fact, I never really played a lot of mainstream videogame classics. I tried a lot of them, but thanks to most of them being platformers or action adventures, I never got hooked. I never even had *heard* of Metroid until I played Super Smash Bros Melee.

I haven't read the Baldur's Gate comics yet D':
    I really really want to, but they are super hard to get where I live. I actually had a subscription to the series through the local comic shop, but they screwed up and never got them :(
    I just pre-ordered the paperback version which is luckily available through Amazon, but that one won't come out for more than a month, so I still have to wait. At least I was able to successfully avoid spoilers >.>

I never got into Mass Effect or Knights of the old Republic.
    I hate the gameplay in the first one and the aesthetics in the second. I tried to love them, but I can't. I am sorry :(

But yeah, generally speaking, I am a rather curious person and I at least take a look at the most things I hear of.
    Nonnahswriterkcwise