Skip to content

Leonard Nimoy has passed away

BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
Well no one has brought it up yet, so here goes. Leonard Nimoy died this morning at the age of 83 because of lung failure:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/leonard-nimoy-star-trek-s-spock-dead-at-83-1.2975593

Comments

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I cried. I haven't cried for the death of a celebrity in a long time, not even for Robin Williams. But I cried today for Leonard Nimoy.

As @Belanos said though, his life was long and prosperous, and he touched so many hearts. He will be missed, but even after the world is done mourning his loss, he will continue to be loved.

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited February 2015

As Belanos said though, his life was long and prosperous...

Yes, he certainly lived up to his motto. And he left with grace:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory."

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    It is too bad we don't actually have a genesis bomb or whatever it was called...
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    elminster said:

I thought this was kind of funny.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/spocking-laurier-on-5-not-illegal-says-bank-of-canada-1.2978860

Basically people have been drawing on Canada's $5 bills to make them look like Spock (as a tribute). So our central bank asked people to stop doing this.

Another reason why Canada is the best country in the world.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Shandyr said:

I expect that Big Bang Theory will dedicate an episode to him to honor him.

If you know "Big Bang Theory" imagine how crushed Sheldon will be.

Sheldon Cooper: I possess the DNA of Leonard Nimoy?!
    Penny: Well... yeah, yeah, I guess. But look, he signed it!
    Sheldon Cooper: (very excited) Do you realize what this means? All I need is a healthy ovum and I can grow my own Leonard Nimoy!
    Penny: Okay, all I'm giving you is the napkin, Sheldon.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    :(
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Rest in peace. It was sad he passed away in movie wrath of khan. Can not believe he passed away.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I haven't really seen much of him in Star Trek, since pre-Picard Star Trek is horrible imo, but I quite liked Nimoy too. Guy had a fantastic voice. I can understand why people will miss him.

Apparently, people are honouring his memory in quite a creative way in Canada. Excuse the Norwegian article, but the top photo pretty much explains it.