Skip to content

Hi. Just want to share the mods which i really enjoy.

Max_DamageMax_Damage Member Posts: 48
This game becomes 25 times better if you use the following mods in this install order:
(all available at gibberlings 3 forums)

1)spell revisions version 4 which supports bg2 ee (not yet available for BG 2 EE openly, but im using a closed beta of it). version 3 runs only on simple bg 2 trilogy.
this mod contains a MUST HAVE fix of a nasty old bug where mirror image blocked aoe spell damage. If you have this bug, this mod is a must install.
Also this mod makes very good spell changes (makes the ineffective spells more effective, and overpowered spells less effective)

2)sword coast stratagems. This is a complete overhaul of the game with extremely good enemy AI and new reasonable abilities, fixes for magic system and items. The opponents will use all the options the player can use now.

3)gibberlings 3 tweakpack for bg2. makes the game much much less frustrating like you know if you played it a lot you can have an option to remove the boring traps and locks etc, rest anywhere, set xp cap at 20, 30 or unlimited levels, enable full grandmastery with a neat +1 attack per round bonus when going from 4 to 5 stars.

enjoy.
JuliusBorisovMykraArdulRavenslightsemiticgoddessdvdbangsrudBlackraven

Comments

• MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    Without derailing this too, people just taking their first steps into BG modding should also get Unfinished Business. Very small and seamless mod that restores some cut content into the game. Also, if you love Spell Revisions, Item Revisions is another must-have imo. If nothing else, Beamdog should hire Demi to make item descriptions for their new items.
    ArdulAedan
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262

enable full grandmastery with a neat +1 attack per round bonus when going from 4 to 5 stars.

If I am not mistaken this is already a part of the default BG2:EE.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Mykra said:

Without derailing this too, people just taking their first steps into BG modding should also get Unfinished Business.

Indeed. Minsc's quest is pure awesome.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I would say Sword Coast Stratagems is the best mod available for BG2. It is so thorough, so customizable, so intelligent, and the AI is not so easily predictable as it is in the vanilla game. Plus, it lacks the two most common problems for difficulty mods: realism and game balance. It doesn't require ridiculously overpowered strategies to beat, nor does it come off as unrealistic or silly.

But then, I haven't touched a RP-type mod in quite some time, and difficulty mods aren't the only ones out there.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lunar