Skip to content

Skald questions

Does the Skald +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls count toward missile as well as melee attacks? What about his song bonus?

Comments

• AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    Sure does. Yes to the second question as well. Unfortunately, you only get one round to use the song bonus before it wears off on your party.

If you want, and you have Near Infinity, I can walk you through how to make the Skald song last longer than 7 seconds.
    JuliusBorisovArdulBlackraven
  • Key_StrokesKey_Strokes Member Posts: 36
    Now that I think about it, given the redundancy created by the Enhanced Bard Song HLA I think that 'Lingering Song' specifically for the Skald's unique ballad would be a welcome change. I love the image of a Skald wielding some type of two-handed weapon, bellowing out his war-chant and charging into the fray.
    AscerionJuliusBorisovBlackraven
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    Right, haha. I've currently got it set where Bardsong and Battlesong last 600 seconds after cast, so they can actually fight while/after singing. I feel like the song "inspires" the party for about 10 minutes, then morale goes back to normal. ^_^

" And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
    that Lord of Castamere,
    But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
    with no one there to hear. "

*SMASH*

BlackravenRAM021
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I heard in PnP the bard song lasts one round per level, but takes three rounds to activate. I don't know the best way to implement that, but it would be fairly balanced and would remove some hassle from bards.
    RAM021
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • xscott71xxscott71x Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2015
    Why would anyone use their skald to do anything but sing? The party's mage(s) are far superior spell casters, and the fighters are trained and equipped to be the best at melee. The Skald's job is to sing, so that party and any summoned creatures will benefit from those sweet, sweet hit and damage bonuses, and the mental immunities.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    KilivitzRAM021
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2015
    Equip your skald with a sling, and, have him take a pot shot now and then while singing. During singing, attack with the sling, and immediately resume singing again. This way you will benefit from to hit/damage bonuses from your own song, also sling will benefit from high strength bonuses, thus you will do some impressive extra damage. (throwing axes are too slow, by the time you initiate the attack you may have lost the song effect)
    RAM021JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Why can Dwarves not be Skalds?
    Why can Skalds not multiclass?
    Why have IWD songs not be back ported to BG? (less Skald specific...)
    JuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    JuliusBorisov
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Yes, you can actually give someone a burn with water if it is hot enough. Does that answer your questions?

:trollface:
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @Ascerion, I don't know very much Near Infinity, but does your change also work for IWD2? If so, can you explain how to make it?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Jarrakul I assume it wouldn't be too hard, but I dont know IWD. All you would have to do is find the .spl resource for the bard song, assuming it is externalized, and change the duration of its effects to how ever long you want them to last.
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    And does Skald's song stack with second Skald's song? If so, a Duet/Cheer-Squad for 3 Half-Orc Barbarians and their accompanying Cleric/Thief (Shaman) sounds like an interesting run.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Skald song will stack with themselves in bgee/bg2ee. Not iwdee.
    JuliusBorisovRAM021