Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @catch6229, sure, I'll do that next weekend. I'll get a list of items and spells available in Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition, but not available in either Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition or Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition.
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2015
    So, I've been looking at wild sorcerors again and ran into an oddity: When I use EE Keeper to change the base kit of a sorceror from "base class" to "wild mage", I lose the ability to use the ability to equip anything other than clubs and quarterstaffs (even though both wild mages and sorcerors should be able to equip slings, darts and so on). I attempted to investigate why this is the case.

Otherwise, the result works as it should and the class shown in the character screen is "Sorceror"

When I created a new wild mage... she didn't even have a kit: The filed is greyed out ([url=http://i59.tinypic.com/5o58v9.jpg ]screenshot[/url[) - but only in the latest version of EE Keeper; an older version lists kit as "Wild Mage".

When I changed the test wild mage to sorceror (without touching the kit), I got a sorceror with wild mage effects (confirmed by getting random +2 lvls when trying to cast magic missile at the jail golem), and the resulting character is also able to use darts.

The conclusion, it would seem, that something has changed in how wild mage status is stored in the game files, and weird things happen when you try to assign the "wild mage" kit to any characters. Any suggestions, other than getting out NI?
    @ambrennan
    ambrennan said:

So, I've been looking at wild sorcerors again and ran into an oddity: When I use EE Keeper to change the base kit of a sorceror from "base class" to "wild mage", I lose the ability to use the ability to equip anything other than clubs and quarterstaffs (even though both wild mages and sorcerors should be able to equip slings, darts and so on). I attempted to investigate why this is the case.

I was able to create a Sorcerer and change it from Base Class to Wild Mage and still use Sling, Quarterstaff, Dagger, and Dart, while also getting wild surges. Similarly, changing the class from Mage to Sorcerer when converting Wild Mage to Wild Sorcerer.

Can you attach your unmodified and modified save games for comparison, please?
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2015
    Never mind, that was my bad - I had been using the older 1.0.2.6 instead of the latest 1.0.2.9 by accident; 1.0.2.9 works just fine.

In case it is still relevant, I've attached a the save files: WMage to Sor shows no kit in 1.0.2.6, but correctly shows Wild Mage kit in 1.0.2.9)
    Sor To WMage is unedited and can use the +1 dagger just fine
    Sor To WMage (edited with 1.0.2.6) has been edited with 1.0.2.6 to change kit to Wild Mage, and CANNOT use the dagger.
    Sor To WMage (edited with 1.0.2.9) is based on the unedited base file but has been edited with 1.0.2.9 to change kit to Wild Mage, and can use the dagger.
    @ambrennan,
    ambrennan said:

Never mind, that was my bad - I had been using the older 1.0.2.6 instead of the latest 1.0.2.9 by accident; 1.0.2.9 works just fine.

There was an issue in 1.0.2.6 when I was migrating away from using the ULD files and simply cross-referencing the 2DA file with the IDS file to get the appropriate kits. Part of the issue was trying to keep backwards compatibility with the original BG2. 1.0.2.7 onwards should have resolved that.

I didn't have any issues converting Wild Mage⇒Sorcerer or Sorcerer⇒Wild Mage, or somewhat merging the two.

If 1.0.2.9 fixed the issue you were having, great. :-)
  • kyudoshakyudosha Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Hello, not sure if anyone asked about it, and kinda hard to get thru every page, was wondering bout:

stat: experience points [104]

Is it posible to set it as 20% penalty, so I get less experience per kill/quest or something, playing with it a bit, but only gettin like fast lvl up, even tho I did not leave Candlekeep :smile:

edit: Nvm, found it, somehow it works now
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Could you implement spell mod manager in future. For example,you could modify spell damage, casting speed of character, add to cromatic orb time stop effect when casted etc.
    Thanks
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @brus, eventually, yes. But that's not going to happen in the short term. :-)
  • TrisstTrisst Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 4
    thanks for all the great work Troodon. I am having an issue with eekeeper crashing while indexing resources. It gets about 25% through the second progress box before crashing. I am running an updated version of BG2EE and the latest version of eekeeper, 1.0.2.9 I believe.

Initially it could not find dialogue.tlk and chitin.(??). I remedied this by making copies or them along with the other files in their folders and dropped them in bg2's main install directory. Other than that no mods of any sort.

Any help would be appreciated.
    @Trisst,

Find the INI file in the same folder as EEKeeper.exe and edit in the line Logging=true under [Settings]. Let it go through and crash at the indexing stage, then copy and paste the last few lines from the LOG file here. That should tell me at what place it is crashing.
  • TrisstTrisst Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 4
    Ok forgive the noob here I edited in as you asked so the .ini file reads [settings] Logging = true current profile = BG2. Obviously I am missing something though as it does not seem to be generation a log.
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    edited April 2015
    Has anyone encountered a situation where when you edit a saved game and then save it the file size has increased? (Even if NOTHING is changed?)

Example:

So I open Original and change nothing and save it it = Edit 1
    So I open Edit 1 and change nothing and save it it = Edit 2
    ect.

731 KB == Original Saved Game
    1.53 MB = Edit 1
    2.48 MB = Edit 2
    4.37 MB = Edit 3
    8.15 MB = Edit 4
    15.7 MB = Edit 5
    30.8 MB = Edit 6
    61.1 MB = Edit 7

It happens for BGEE and BG2EE with EEKeeper V1.0.2.9 and/or EEKeeper 1.0.2.0.

This is a Asus Windows 8.1 laptop
    For BGIIEE I have no mods installed. For BGEE this is my Weidu.log file contents (no non Weidu mods).

"// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2351 // Alter Multiclass Restrictions -> Allow non-humans acces to all multiclass combinations: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2360 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2371 // Alter Dual-class Restrictions -> Allow non-humans to dual-class: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2380 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs Don't Fight: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3210 // Minimum Stats Cheat: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: v14"

Anyone heard of anything like that?
    Post edited by who_is_daniel on
    Here is some of the information from by DxDiag.txt
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    `add to cromatic orb time stop effect when casted etc.`

/chuckle

for some reason that reminded me of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Might_and_Magic_VI:_The_Mandate_of_Heaven

where you have wizards carrying lazer assault rifles....

why not add a sonic screw driver, while your at it? Wouldnt want you feelin underpowered at lvl 1...
    edited April 2015

Has anyone encountered a situation where when you edit a saved game and then save it the file size has increased? (Even if NOTHING is changed?)

Example:

So I open Original and change nothing and save it it = Edit 1
    So I open Edit 1 and change nothing and save it it = Edit 2
    ect.

731 KB == Original Saved Game
    1.53 MB = Edit 1
    2.48 MB = Edit 2
    4.37 MB = Edit 3
    8.15 MB = Edit 4
    15.7 MB = Edit 5
    30.8 MB = Edit 6
    61.1 MB = Edit 7

@who_is_daniel, I've never seen anything like that, but the increase looks fairly straightforward and consistent. Can you zip and upload the "Original Saved Game" and "Edit 2"?
    Here are three save files from Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, and for this example I used "EE Keeper - Version 1.0.2.9". (EEK1029 )

1. I opened the original with EEK1029 and saved it, then closed the original.
    2. I opened *.(edited 001) with EEK1029 and then saved it.

I have spent more then 6 hours trying to figure this problem out and I admit defeat.
  • catch6229catch6229 Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2015
    Troodon80 said:

@catch6229, sure, I'll do that next weekend. I'll get a list of items and spells available in Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition, but not available in either Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition or Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition.

Hey. First just to reiterate thanks so much for staying on top of all of these issues. Just curious have you come up with the item code list?

What I'm noticing is that, while items don't disappear - most items in the game appear as "unknown". There's very little item code overlap with BG2 with exception to a select few items.
    Post edited by catch6229 on
    @who_is_daniel,

I've compared the save games and the only thing different that I can see is the number of spells (e.g. you currently have 288 memorised Chromatic Orbs, even though they don't appear in-game). Editing the out of party characters (specifically Jaheira, editing Chromatic Orb under Cleric spells from 0 to 1) fixes the problem. I now have your save game sized at 180KB, which is considerably smaller than your original game.

I want to narrow that down even more, though. I've seen this before — not the number of spells you have in the save game, rather the number of spells under the Memorisation tab.

That original save game you included, was that edited in any way (I didn't see the EE_KEEPER_VERSION variable)? Did you edit your character in a previous game and then import

@catch6229, sorry, no, I haven't had time to work on a list. I'll do it this weekend (I swear). If I don't post on Saturday, remind me again because I've probably got my priorities messed up. :-)
    The game was edited earlier, but the original save I included was a new save slot.
    I used EE Keeper - Version 1.0.2.9, I may have editor before with EE Keeper 1.0.2.1. Would that make a difference?
    @who_is_daniel, it might have, but more likely it's something I can try to narrow down now that I have some comparisons. :-)

The same duplication of memorised spells (the reason for the save game increasing in size) also occurs with the old original Shadow Keeper source I have (which thankfully means it's not something I have broken)—though what causes the duplication to start with is anyone's guess. I can fix your save game for you if you want, I can do it over the weekend. If you upload another save game on Saturday, I'll do it then (that'll give you the most up to date version instead of me fixing the current one you uploaded, just in case you've moved on from that point in the game).
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    How does changing reputation and alignment work? I had a poor reputation and good aligned NPCs were complaining. I adjusted my reputation up with the EEKeeper and it looked good on paper, but in game the NPCs were still complaining. I ended up just going to a temple to adjust it, but I'm wondering now if I needed to reload or anything to make the EEKeeper adjustment to actually work. I'm also wondering if changing NPCs alignment will effect their happiness with reputation. Or is this hard coded per NPC and nothing we can do about it?
    So far it seems to be working better now; I guess the problem was the duplication of memorized spells like you said (nothing to do with your program). Thank you for your help in showing what was wrong and how to fix it.
  • TarakTarak Member Posts: 12
    I’ve been experiencing a graphical glitch with the creature browser since 1.0.2.7. The content of that window is mainly grey until I use the scroll slider to see the lines or move the browser window to the edges of the main window to make the buttons appear. It happens again if I close and open the creature browser again. The other browsers work fine.
    I checked the older Keeper versions and found out that the creature browser is still showing fine until 1.0.2.6. Any idea why this could happen?
    I normally don’t have such graphical issues with other programs, but I won’t say my GTX 760 gfx card works perfect either. Running on Win7-64bit with plenty VC++ versions from 2008 until 2012.
    @Tarak, I don't recall touching anything to do with the creature browser, but I'll take a look. If it's remaining grey, then it's probably window painting—which will be an easy fix. :-)
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    edited April 2015
    Troodon80 said:

@Blash, to a certain degree, the functionality is already there. What you can do is open a BG:EE saved game, go to 'Tools' and select 'Convert to CRE'. When the character is saved under a name that can override an existing character, for example "IMOEN10", it will use that character instead on a new game. Once you've saved as appropriate, you'll probably want to copy and past from the BG:EE override to the BG2:EE override, unless you selected that when saving.

I don't think it is feasible, at least right now due to a shortage of time on my end, mainly due to there being so many variations of a single character.

Take Imoen, for example. You could take the final save from BG:EE and copy Imoen over to a new saved game. You lose Imoen quite early, so those changes will probably be nullified once you get her back. There are currently 20 copies of Imoen (some are used in scripted scenes and don't actually matter) in BG2:EE. That means once you get her back, you'll have to load up that old original final save and 're-import' all those details and then you'll probably want to set the experience as something similar to the other party characters.

It would be a mess to try and deal with, and that's without thinking about local variables being stored as creature effects. I will take a look once I get more time to spare, but I foresee the answer probably being 'no.' :-)

Troodon80 said:

@Blash, if you override any possible files for Minsc or Jaheira then, yes, you would meet them in BG2:EE exactly how you left them in BG:EE. I think there are six or seven files for Minsc, and something similar for Jaheira.

@Troodon80: I'm starting a BG2 playthrough, after having completed BG1. I didn't undestand if there is a reliable way to keep Jaheira and Minsc stats.. I tried looking in the game folders and didn't find any character files I could override. Would you please clarify this point? Thanks :-)
    edited April 2015
    @Blash, by override, I mean place into the override folder. Not overwrite. Find the resource names for Jaheira and Minsc via the Creature Browser in Keeper, and make sure you save your new custom characters (levelled up versions of the originals) with those file names when you export/Convert to CRE.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    edited April 2015
    @Troodon80 thanks mate, gonna try right now ;-)
    If this succeeds, together with my "old" voice exported to BG2, I will finally be able to start a great game :-P

11 occurrencies for Jaheira and 9 for Minsc. I am creating 11 and 9 copies of the .cre file I exported for the two characters, making the name match to the ones shown in EE Keeper. I hope I am not messing anything up..

Edit: It's not that easy lol.. the two characters started saying weird things XD Seems that the characters variable can't be simply imported to another game.. For example Jaheira left the party because Khalid wasn't there anymore -.- Perhaps the best thing I can do is simply edit the new savegame only with the old xp amounts. The rest will be ok.

Final edit: I'll edit xp values and proficiencies to match the old ones. Seems the only doable way. Thanks for this wonderful tool that is EEKeeper.. and thanks Beamdog for not bringing over old party members while the BGT team successfully did it >:-(
    Post edited by Blash on
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Just to know, no EE keeper for IWD EE atm?