Skip to content

Which Beamdog developers were involved in the development of the orignal BG1/BG2?

IntoTheDarknessIntoTheDarkness Member Posts: 118

I read some claims that many developers from the original BG1/BG2 worked on BGEE and BG2EE. Does anyone know details as to who they are, and which position they had in developing the original BG1/BG2? Are there any core members such as senior designers/lead director/writers from the original game?

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Off the top of my head, Trent Oster was one of the founding members and Cameron Tofer developed minsc (i'm sure he did other things too).

Most of the rest of the team are either modders of the original games or people that have been met through other projects.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    edited April 2015
    Quick skim of the BG:EE credits and the BG1/BG2 original credits (per mobygames, I don't have my original paper manuals handy):

Trent Oster - BG1: Modelling

Cameron Tofer - BG1: Additional Programming, BG2: Infinity Engine Programmers

Keith Soleski - BG2: Other Quality Assurance

Russ Rice - BG1: Additional Structure Design, Scenery Design, BG2: Special Effects and Background Animations, Effect Animation, Scene Set up and Lighting

John Gallagher - BG1: Lead Artist, BG2: Additional Design, Concept Art, Cinematics Concept Art

Marcia Tofer - BG1: Lead Structure Design, Scenery Design, BG2: Art Director

That's all I could find quickly.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724