Skip to content

Mage/Cleric - Splitting Spells

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know a way to split the spells of a mage/cleric to seperate buttons? Currently I'm finding it quite time consuming to have to scroll over to get to my mage spells. I know there's a button to switch between mage and cleric spells (I find it slightly disorientating), is there a way to seperate the mage and cleric spells entirely to seperate spellcasting buttons on the UI? (I should probably just get used to the switch button).

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    There may be a mod, but I don't believe it's possible otherwise. Icewind Dale 2 allows you to do that, by right-clicking on the action bar and choosing a new icon to replace an old one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    semiticgoddessHeroicSpurJuliusBorisov
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Spell casting UI is a bit clunky, but was (for the time) pretty ground-breaking. I agree, it gets hard when your numbers of spells get huge!
    HeroicSpur
    You could just empty your spellbook, and hit stuff with the Staff Spear instead of casting spells. If magic is too much trouble, just poke your enemies with a pointy stick.
    JuliusBorisov
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    @semiticgod, lol, a sound approach. In the normal game you can get away with pulling up a stoneskin and whacking things. Except in this case I'm playing a multiplayer SCS game. Even the toughest party members get taken apart, and careful thought (and plenty of spells) are needed to win even fairly straightforward encounters.

JuliusBorisov
    @HeroicSpur: If Stoneskin isn't enough, just drink a potion. Problem solved!

On a more serious note, you can reduce micromanagement by mapping mage spells to hotkeys. Or, you can use Near Infinity to design auto-buffing spells. In my current run, I've tweaked Detect Evil to cast Stoneskin, Mirror Image, Blur, Shield, Barkskin, Aid, and Dispelling Screen (a Spell Revisions spell, replacing Spell Immunity) and mapped it to a hotkey, V. I can get both of my mages fully buffed by clicking 5, V, 6, V. My mages, at character slots five and six, cast all their buffs one after another. And since I've tweaked the casting time for several of those to be only one, it only takes about 10 seconds.

Then, I just empty my spellbook of those buffing spells: I leave one level 1 spell slot open, for instance, to reflect casting Shield. This keeps my spellbook fairly clean, and completely eliminates the need for searching for buffing spells.
    JuliusBorisovHeroicSpur