Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Blackraven: Go Gerry! Hey there, blue eyes...

One thing: why doesn't Mr. Gerry Mandering have 18 WIS? That costs him a level level 4 spell, and a level 1 spell after the first WIS tome, unless EE changed the WIS tables. And if you're going to use all the WIS tomes, you're going to be missing out on an extra level 5 spell in BG2... or two of them, counting the Hell and Machine of Lum the Mad bonuses.

Anyway, good luck to Blueberry Gerry!
  • ArnaeusArnaeus Member Posts: 90
    @gotural solo or party?
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    @Arnaeus I'm going to play solo.
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    edited April 2015
    @semiticgod few quick answers:
    - Enchanted Weapon missing +3 darts is "an oversight", but I probably left it out back then because I had no icon for them. I also might have to add throwing daggers/axes.
    - Robe of Apprenti was just a quick revision because vanilla's one was pointless, but you do have a point about it being a superior Ring of Wizardry. I'll tweak it a bit.
    - ideally Vampire's Revenge, as all cursed items within IR, should be somewhat "appealing". Do you think its pros are not enough, or its cons are too heavy?
    @Demivrgvs Isn't the Vampire's Revenge a BG1 item? Does IR apply to baldurs gate 1 items? I thought it was baldurs gate 2 only but if not I have to install it immediately.
    I forgot to save my new character and now I don't have him anymore, I'll need to re create him.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @bengoshi, you're doing very well. I'm particularly impressed with how you manage Dark Horizons, which I believe is a new mod for you, no?
    @semiticgod, @Gotural said it: as a Gnome ol' blue eyes only gets 17 max WIS.
    @Gotural, good luck with your Dragon Disciple! How do you like Iwdfication (arcane and divine) spells? I decided not to install those components because I assumed that enemies don't get them. Am I right about that?
    bengoshi said:

So far, Hachiman managed to run away from any new character he comes across in the game BEFORE a crucial dialogue happens. Also, he always have at least one scroll of Protection from Magic in his rucksack. And if possible, Hachiman tries to deal with only one additional enemy at a time.

Good call. I think that Gerry as a low level solo Cleric/Thief will have to use similar tactics. Of course he won't shy away from nice backstabbing opportunities, but safety first. (Styn took quite a bit of damage from one of the first Assassins, Isolde with her returning throwing dagger.)

As to the Iwdification spells, also in reply to what @Gotural wrote, I might include those spells at a later stage (though I would prefer enemies to use them as well, especially if they're good, like some of the divine spells).
    This sword is in my opinion the best weapon of the mod, it's even the best weapon of the trilogy. Hold Person on hit effect (save vs polymorph) + magic damage on hit (100%) + 2 APR, and it's a +3 weapon ...

It's like Celestial Fury + Kundane + Belm in one scimitar.

I shamelessly used it in my previous run because I wanted to discover everything the mod could offer, but from now on I'm not going to use the +APR weapons from Dark Horizons. (The rest is mostly fine I think)
    @blackraven Yeah I was dumb enough to let him hit me lol. I agree many of the items should have been undroppable (I'm actually tempted to ask the creator if I can make a mod-mod that does just that). I have decided I can pick them up but only to sell, not to use. They're hard fights so I figure my characters need some reward lol and the pricing on them isn't too high IMO.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    And now imagine how I feel about the fact Hachiman didn't meet Tristan and Isolde... Call it lucky travel ways!

Before you mentioned this encounter here, I hadn't known about it.
    Yeah I was lucky to avoid them until I was level 5. Doing that fight at level 1 would be near suicide.
    Arnaeus said:

@blackraven Yeah I was dumb enough to let him hit me lol. I agree many of the items should have been undroppable (I'm actually tempted to ask the creator if I can make a mod-mod that does just that). I have decided I can pick them up but only to sell, not to use. They're hard fights so I figure my characters need some reward lol and the pricing on them isn't too high IMO.

That would be a very cool mod-mod. :)
    Meanwhile selling loot makes sense if it doesn't convert your character into the richest man of the Sword Coast (haven't checked prices).
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited April 2015
    Gotural said:

The tactics mod looks horribly cheesy ... I might need to try it sooner or later, do you know if it is somehow compatible with the EEs @semiticgod ? Do you have a new plan to deal with Kuroisan if he comes back ?
    And are they other fights like this one with some nearly invincible opponent ?
    Great progress so far !

If I start working on the upgrade of the tactics2 mod to make it work with EE, which components would you like to get first?
    Or said differently if I invest hours in such a modification, who volunteers to (beta)test what ?
    When I say "upgrade", I really mean it, not just a modification to make it install on BG2EE. For instance Tactics2 overrides the area scripts, this is clearly not the way to go, it is better to patch the EE versions.

Sorry to highjack that nice thread.
    I am glad to read any reply, comment or suggestion directly sent to my forum "mailbox".
    Post edited by Musigny on
    Haha what a nice update, @Jaheiras_Witness :) I would have felt terrible if PfUndead hadn't worked btw :sweat:

Nadeem is looking really good. There's not much advice I can give you.
    Re: HLAs you might consider picking an Avoid Death, just in case though ideally you'd never use it.
    Re: Nadeem's next destination, if there's shopping you'd like to do, I'd do that first. It's important to face new challenges as well-prepared as you can. From then Planar Sphere would be a logical next step.
    Nadeem could also decide to work for Aran Linvail and receive the Amulet of Power to facilitate dealings with Windspear Vampires.