40.00%
    2. Bad
      30.00%
    3. Other
      30.00%
CrevsDaak

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I switched over to full site. Perhaps I will learn it later.
    Teflon
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    it took me a few minutes to find my way around it, but it seems like it's possible to do more on it with fewer clicks. I do wish they'd add access to the general Activity page without having to switch to the full site.
    jackjackFinneousPJ
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    Too much of a change for me. Initially thought I accessed the wrong site. It doesn't seem as clean and functional as the old site. For example, I have a much harder time telling which threads I've opened because the "new" indicator blends in with everything (it used to be bright yellow). It also takes forever to scroll to the bottom of the page and I hate that I can't access the site tree from the bottom. Instead, I have to click the arrow in the top left to open up a side page and then click community home, adding a couple of additional steps that I never used to take. I also dislike the bright white background. It's annoying on my eyes at night and contributes to battery drain via screen time on AMOLED devices.

I'm sure I'll get used to it though.
    FinneousPJ
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    It sucks. I only have about 2 cm to actually look at the screen (and even less than that when writing posts), the rest is taken up by pointless banners and menus for shit I don't want or need, particularly when all I'm trying to do is read some threads. The general look is a lot less approachable and clear (the previous bolded/unbolded way of showing unread or updated threads was much better, for example), and the "write post" field doesn't even activate the grammar/autocorrect writing features.

So yeah, I do not like the new mobile layout. I'd switch over to full site, but I have no idea where to even do that any more.

fakeedit: As I was about to post this I noticed that even the "Post" button is covered by the lower menu. At least I think thqt's the Post button, as I can't really see what is there. Oh, and as I tried to copy my writing before trying the mystery button, I noticed the text is unselectable. Hurrah.
    FinneousPJ
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Yes I need dark screen, now.
    luskanCrevsDaakFinneousPJ
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @BenArledge I think we should have a Mobile mode/Desktop mode toggle somewhere on the page so that people could choose the mode they like.
    TeflonFinneousPJ
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I'll say thst ot does seem faster, though, but that wasn't a problem for me to begin with.
    TeflonFinneousPJ
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Not crazy about it yet, but I have to give it a chance and some.time before I make up my mind :)
    FinneousPJ
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I hate mobile sites. The fact that they exist is a failure of human society.

That said this, I think, is better than the old one(though I don't use mobile much) and
    procco said:

I do wish they'd add access to the general Activity page without having to switch to the full site.

JuliusBorisovFinneousPJ
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    ^I can finally clearly see the CamDawg's avatar on the mobile version's screenshot:)
    proccoFinneousPJ
  • ljboljbo Member Posts: 177
    I don't see no mobile site on my iPad. Am I missing something?
    FinneousPJ
  • ljboljbo Member Posts: 177
    @Dee The Desktop site is hard to read on an iPad: it would be nice to have access to the mobile site on that platform
    FinneousPJjackjack
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Getting used to it, and it seems pretty intuitive. Not too shabby.

Being able to reverse the background/font colours would be great. Also I would like to see the user level (mod, developer, number of posts, etc) back next to the user name when they post. Right now there's no distinction.
    FinneousPJ
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited May 2015
    No access to an IPad to test right now but on Android tablets you can choose to view desktop or mobile version.

I'd really like a shortcut to participated threads though
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    FinneousPJJuliusBorisov
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    I don't like it to be honest, it's glitchy on my android phone ATM. I definitelly prefered the old design.
    FinneousPJ
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I liked it. It works well and, even if it's less intuitive it's easier to use (IMO).
    FinneousPJmeagloth
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I like the look of it but I think I would prefer more spacing between the various buttons. For me to "like" a comment is difficult because in my case its spaced right below "quote" so I will end up hitting the button to quote someone as opposed to liking their comment.
    FinneousPJCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I find it strange that while most services are moving towards a unified user experience, the designers of mobile sites seem to want to make it as different from desktop as possible.
    JuliusBorisov
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I like it because it's gotten rid of link to the forum section that each thread is in, before I was always accidentally clicking on it instead of the actual thread. Plus the side bar is really helpful, I used to have to go to my bookmarks page to get to activity.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but every time i click on a thread i enter at the beginning. I then have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to select the last page of the thread which is in most cases where i want to be to see new comments. Could you add a page selector to the top of each thread as well as the bottom?
    JuliusBorisov