Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    kamuizin said:

Just to know, no EE keeper for IWD EE atm?

Check the first post. IWD:EE support was added in 1.0.2.5
    Troodon80 said:

• Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition support.
    • Added Local Variables tab, similar to Global Variables.
    • Added Miscellaneous tab with BG1 proficiencies, rudimentary creature script changer, and other miscellaneous options.
    • Fixed an issue with Shadowdancers appearing in the kit list more than once.
    • Added Chinese, French, Italian, and Korean language translations for the EE Keeper interface.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

kamuizin said:

Just to know, no EE keeper for IWD EE atm?

Check the first post. IWD:EE support was added in 1.0.2.5
    Troodon80 said:

• Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition support.
    • Added Local Variables tab, similar to Global Variables.
    • Added Miscellaneous tab with BG1 proficiencies, rudimentary creature script changer, and other miscellaneous options.
    • Fixed an issue with Shadowdancers appearing in the kit list more than once.
    • Added Chinese, French, Italian, and Korean language translations for the EE Keeper interface.
    Then i must be doing something wrong with the program. It's an steam install, so maybe i just mistook the directories.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @kamuizin EE keeper works normally for IWD EE.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JustLeftJustLeft Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2015
    How do I double the spell slots for mages? tried following the instructions on page 12 but can't make it work.

Type: Spell: Wizard spell slot modifier [42]
    Target: Self
    Flags: Permanent
    D/R: Nonemagical
    Slot amount modifier: 0 for double
    Spell Level: 256 for all 12 spell levels.
    Time: 0
    Probability: 100%

Edit:
    Is there an android version of Keeper? or a way to cheat in there?
    Doubling slots no longer works.

Tried adding other values beside zero and it works, but can't make it double and will also need to make multiple effects for each level. I thought I'll be able to double all spell slots for all 9 levels at once but guess that's not how it works.

Flag: Instant, Permanent.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @JustLeft
    JustLeft said:

Is there an android version of Keeper? or a way to cheat in there?

Not yet, at least not as far as I am aware. Someone else was trying to make something like this—last I heard they were going to put it on Google Play and sell it—but I haven't heard anything about it in a few months.
    JustLeft said:

Slot amount modifier: 0 for double
    Spell Level: 256 for all 12 spell levels.

To double the number of slots for all levels, you need to reverse the spell level and slot amount modifier. As per the IESDEP:
    Known values for 'Spell Level' are:
    0 Double spells
    [...]

For a 'Spell Level' of 0, the amount of spell slots is doubled for the level specified by the 'Slot Amount Modifier' value and all levels below.
    So the actual layout should be:
    Flags: Instant, Permanent
    Slot amount modifier: 256 (for level 9 and below)
    Spell Level: 0 (to double all spells up to slot amount modifier).
    JustLeftwho_is_daniel
    Thank you so much, it worked.

I probably wouldn't mind paying for an ease of use Keeper as long as it's not too expensive. hope its made.
  • DrGermDrGerm Member Posts: 29
    Thank you, this has been awesome!

Something I'm not figuring out though. How do you level up characters via EE Keeper?

Thanks!!!
  • SgthawkerSgthawker Member Posts: 31
    @DrGerm You set the XP value to get to the level desired, and then load up the game. You will be prompted as usual to level up, several levels can be attained successively by just increasing the XP as necessary.
    edited May 2015
    @Sgthawker Oh, OK, I find it. I was getting confused with the various fields labeled with "XP" in the "Characteristics" tab.

For others: What you are looking for is the field labeled "Experience" in the "Abilities" tab.

Thanks!
    @Sgthawker
    @DrGerm

I'm actually working on something for the next version that should allow automated levelling up; pick a level or experience value and have the character level up to that. At least, that's the plan.
    MusignyJuliusBorisovlolien
    Troodon80 said:

I'm actually working on something for the next version that should allow automated levelling up; pick a level or experience value and have the character level up to that.

Oh, that's even better, THANKS!
    JuliusBorisov
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    What about doubling the spell slots for a Cleric (or a Druid, or Paladin or Bard) ?
    @who_is_daniel,

What about doubling the spell slots for a Cleric (or a Druid, or Paladin or Bard) ?

When doubling slots—wizard classes use "Spell: Wizard spell slot modifier [42]" and cleric classes use "Spell: Priest Spell Slots Modifier [62]" You can see the basic usage a few posts above.

Paladin, Druid, Ranger, and Cleric use the Priest Spell Slots Modifier.

Mage, Sorcerer, and Bard use Wizard spell slot modifier.
  • NylaiNylai Member Posts: 3
    My keeper has trouble loading the file containing the list of effects.
    I searched for that DAT file you mentioned but i cant find it in game`s directory or anywhere.

P.S Am pretty new to the game and the program so if you can keep it simple i would appreciate :smile:
    Tnx in advance
    Troodon80 said:

@who_is_daniel,

When doubling slots—wizard classes use "Spell: Wizard spell slot modifier [42]" and cleric classes use "Spell: Priest Spell Slots Modifier [62]" You can see the basic usage a few posts above.

Paladin, Druid, Ranger, and Cleric use the Priest Spell Slots Modifier.

Mage, Sorcerer, and Bard use Wizard spell slot modifier.
    Thank you!
    Troodon80
    Nylai said:

I searched for that DAT file you mentioned but i cant find it in game`s directory or anywhere.

P.S Am pretty new to the game and the program so if you can keep it simple i would appreciate :smile:
    Tnx in advance

@Nylai, the DAT file should be in the archive that EEKeeper.exe is in, and likewise it needs to be in the same folder. If you downloaded from SourceForge, the archive should have a folder called 'lang', a file called 'bgEEEffects.dat', and the executable 'EEKeeper.exe'. If you picked the SFX version, the installer, then the DAT file will be wherever you installed Keeper.
  • NylaiNylai Member Posts: 3
    Troodon80 said:

Nylai said:

Tnx in advance

@Nylai, the DAT file should be in the archive that EEKeeper.exe is in, and likewise it needs to be in the same folder. If you downloaded from SourceForge, the archive should have a folder called 'lang', a file called 'bgEEEffects.dat', and the executable 'EEKeeper.exe'. If you picked the SFX version, the installer, then the DAT file will be wherever you installed Keeper.
    Silly mistake,i extracted .exe only and thats why i didnt had the .dat it needed.
    Is there a way to restore rangerhood via EE keeper?
    @Nylai, there should be a checkbox labelled 'Fallen' under the Characteristics tab. I think that's all you need to uncheck. You may also need spells, but I'm not sure (spells should be restored on level up, or you can select whatever spells you want from the appropriate (Cleric) spell tab via the spell browser).
  • Dang3r_Ah3adDang3r_Ah3ad Member Posts: 4
    I got one for you guys. I love 3E and IWD:EE is 2E. 2E mages get no bonus spells for high Int so of course I want to use EE Keeper to up the amount of mem'd spells for my mage right? The function in EE keeper works fine... until I level up and sleep. The number of mem'd spells always resets. Is there a way to modify this parameter and to have all future level-gains become an add-on to the base # I've chosen?

My 20 Intelligence Mage want's to have the 1 spell he's allowed to have memorized, +2 because of his high Int. But if I add them, next level he won't gain additional Mem slots because I already gave them. Then if I re-load a state, the extra number of Mem slots I may have given him/her have disappeared again and I only have what's allowed by the game (basically no fun).

Pick your brain!?
    @Dang3r_Ah3ad, you can use the feature mentioned above—go to the Effects tab and add an effect with Type 'Spell: Wizard spell slot modifier [42]'. Instead of using double slots:-

Dispel/Resistance: Nonmagical
    Slot Amount Modifier: 3
    Spell Level: (e.g. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc., see instructions)

Do this for each spell level.

This adds the number in the Slot Amount Modifier to the number of spells a creature gains from the 2DA tables.
    lolienSjerrie
    Any way to make the Alacrity permanent? for IWDEE, BGEE and BG2EE?
  • TheVerySpecialKTheVerySpecialK Member Posts: 16
    I have a couple questions regarding changes to character race made with EE Keeper.

So let's say I want a dwarf Paladin: I start out as a human in character creation, roll my stats, and all that jazz. I then save and edit my character's race, making him a dwarf.

Question #1: Will NPC dialogue/reactions reflect the fact that I am now playing a dwarf, or will everyone I meet still treat me like a human?

Question #2: Will I be able to export my dwarf Paladin into BG2:EE once I finish BG:EE, or will the fact that my save has been edited cause problems?
    @who_is_daniel, use opcode 188 - Aura Cleansing as an effect. Target should be self, duration should be permanent, and the resist should be either nonmagical or Cannot Dispel/Can Bypass Resistance.

@TheVerySpecialK,

Question #1: Will NPC dialogue/reactions reflect the fact that I am now playing a dwarf, or will everyone I meet still treat me like a human?

Dialogue will reflect any change in race, class, and gender, regardless of how far through the game you are.

Question #2: Will I be able to export my dwarf Paladin into BG2:EE once I finish BG:EE, or will the fact that my save has been edited cause problems?

Editing a save game, by itself, isn't enough to cause the game to misbehave—it depends on the edit. I don't think there will be any issue with importing a dwarven paladin, but there's only really one sure way of knowing: try it.
    TheVerySpecialK
    @Troodon80,

I have one last question: when I go to change my race in EE Keeper, will I need to manually edit my racial stat modifiers and bonuses as well? For instance, if I change my human paladin to a dwarf one, will EE Keeper automatically give my paladin the appropriate modifiers/bonuses, or will I still have my human ones (in other words, none at all)?
    edited June 2015
    @Troodon80, wow, thanks for the in-depth answer!
    Troodon80 said:

I'm hoping with the next update that you'll be able to press a 'Recalculate Stats' button which will update hit points, armour class, THAC0, experience points, spell slots, and saving throws based on the current character's level, class/kit, race, and primary abilities (strength, dexterity, etc.).

Very nice; a button like this would be most welcome indeed. Kudos to you, sir!

Troodon80JuliusBorisovlolien
  • BelziBhaalBelziBhaal Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2015
    Hey Troodon.

As I can't stand Anomen, I decided that I would make myself a Fighter/Cleric to use in my party. After three hours of storing rolls, I finally got the stats I wanted and made the character. Got ingame and leveled her up via the console to 15/16. I exported her to a .chr file then geared her up via EE keeper and I have found that when I convert her to a .cre file so I can console her into the game, she ends up without a name. I would like to have her continue to be called Amber. Any idea how I can fix this?

Screenshot of both chars in ee keeper attached, as well as .chr and .cre files. Can't upload .cre and .chr files to the forum, so they are in a rar.

lolien
    @BelziBhaal, CRE files cannot have an internal name, you'll need to have a string reference from the TLK file (press the button labelled "##" and search for text). Is there a reason why you want to use the console to get her into the game?

It would be easier to make all the required changes to your current save game (making a copy/paste backup first, of course). If you have a save game where you want this new character to be, you can make the required changes by comparing them as per the screenshot.
  • BelziBhaalBelziBhaal Member Posts: 4
    Is there an easier way to get her into the game? I'd rather not have to play a MP game to get her in. I also took the screenshot so you could see there's no difference between the two versions of the character.

Also, in the second paragraph, I have no idea what you said. I'm a little buzzed on painkillers, so brain not working all too well.