Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Here're BG NPCs by http://spydrouge.deviantart.com/

imageImoen
    imageDynaheir
    imageBranwen
    imageViconia
    imageShar-Teel
    imageJaheira
    imageKhalid
    imageMinsc
    imageMontaron
    imageXzar
    imageAjantis
    imageEdwin
    imageXan
    imageKivan

So far, these're all the available portraits from Spydrouge. I especially like how the artist pictured the ladies.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    It's funny you should say you like the ladies in that one, @bengoshi . I honestly thought the men were much better. 'Specially Khalid. He's a cutie. Montaron (furry hands!) and Xzar are also really cool.

On a side note, I would love to see someone make a series of anime style portraits for all the characters, ridiculous hair included. It'd just be hilarious and really fun to have these exaggerated anime style portraits on the right side of my screen when the game has such a serious "realistic" design.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    bengoshi said:

Here're BG NPCs by http://spydrouge.deviantart.com/

imageImoen
    imageDynaheir
    imageBranwen
    imageViconia
    imageShar-Teel
    imageJaheira
    imageKhalid
    imageMinsc
    imageMontaron
    imageXzar
    imageAjantis
    imageEdwin
    imageXan
    imageKivan

So far, these're all the available portraits from Spydrouge. I especially like how the artist pictured the ladies.

Baldur's Gate: Aeon Flux Edition.
  • StevevdlStevevdl Member Posts: 73
    Xzar looks like he channelled the joker from batman
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    An alternate portrait of Edwin by Max Westmoreland https://twitter.com/E_Asylum

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Elrandir said:

On a side note, I would love to see someone make a series of anime style portraits for all the characters, ridiculous hair included. It'd just be hilarious and really fun to have these exaggerated anime style portraits on the right side of my screen when the game has such a serious "realistic" design.

I would use that anime style portrait pack.

Heck, I'd make it if I ever had the time. Alas, I probably won't.
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    :( Someone out there has gotta do it. Preferably someone who can draw better stick figures than me. I too yearn to see ridiculous anime designs for the BG1 cast.
    Eh... The first two sets didn't scream "anime" to me. Gorgeous in their own ways and sporting some rather large eyes, but not anime.

That last set though, was right on the money. Chibis! :smiley:
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664

Eh... The first two sets didn't scream "anime" to me. Gorgeous in their own ways and sporting some rather large eyes, but not anime.

That last set though, was right on the money. Chibis! :smiley:

I feel they got more and more animoo as they went. I've read some mangas with an art style practically identical to the second set, but it isn't as common a style, and it's a little more realistic than your standard animoo.
    Elrandir said:

animoo.

edited June 2015
    Keldorn, by http://ilnere.deviantart.com/

As for the manga/anime BG portraits suggestions, I'd like to add to @Kamigoroshi 's links:

http://baldursgatecomic.deviantart.com/ offers a chibi crew:

image Yoshimo

image Imoen

image Tiax

image Viconia

image Jan Jansen

image Jaheira

image Khalid

image Xzar (and Montaron apparently)

image Minsc

image Sarevok

image Aerie

image Edwin

AND a bonus:

image Boo

http://sammi-the-ff-freak.deviantart.com/ has several anime-style BG characters:

image Imoen

image Minsc

image Yoshimo

image Haer'Dalis

image Nalia

image Anomen

image Jaheira

Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • kostasmakrinoskostasmakrinos Member Posts: 42
    Hello,

Idk if this is the right thread for the matter, but my gf wants her pic 'baldurized' :P

I will attach 3 pics of her (I give you every right to use the pics to your discretion) and you may use one or some of them to transform her into BG2 NPCs (Aerie, Jaheira or Viconia). I think some of the pics may do such a job.

My gf's personal wish is for one of the pics to be converted to a Moon Elf (pale blue skin, hair coloured in shades of purple, vibrant blue eyes) Ranger (black stunted leather armour that leaves hands unprotected, leathery black hooded cloak) so as to have her self transformed into her D&D PC :D

I would like to see one of the pics turned into Aerie, so I could use it for my xth (I've lost track) BG2 playthrough, as I'm romancing Aerie this time.

Thank any of the artists that will undertake such a task in advance. You may post your work in your sites.

Pics attached:

Thank you @LadyRhian and sorry for posting in your thread.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @kostamakrinos It's okay. There is (somewhere) a "Baldurize me" thread, which I am looking for to move your post there… I just haven't found it yet. :)
    Much appreciated @LadyRhian
    Found it! It was in general discussion, not Off-topic. :) You might want to tag @lsandir. too.
    edited June 2015
    looking at the new OP

Forum wild surge: Wild merge.

It happens sometimes.
    Le sigh. Mea culpa. Mea Maxima Culpa.
    bob_veng said:

@kostasmakrinos
    hope you like it, i sure do :blush:

Very nice, ty very much ! :D

Can you plz post the bigger version as this one is too small to use for BG2 ?

Also, can some1 make one of the photos into the Moon Elf Ranger that my girlfriend wants ?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i have only made it in this resolution. that's been the standard size for custom portraits.

here's a moon elf ranger attempt
    (credit to artastrophe for the base image)
    @bob_veng ty :)

Could you remove the hood because my girlfriend wants to be able to see her characters long hair ? (sorry if I was misleading when I said hooded in my initial post :( )

She also stated me that her characters hair are coloured in shades of blue/purple. Another thing to note, can you make her facial characteristics (like the eyes) more elf-like ?

Thank you for your trouble, she really likes where this one is going :)

Please post images in higher resolutions ! I can always resize to use it in the game, but even this is not necessary in the EE.
  • tap_water_on_firetap_water_on_fire Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2015
    Greetings!
    I would greatly appreciate if one/many of you talented artists were to Baldurize me! I usually play as a Mage or a Thief, currently favoring the former.

To give some background on my gameplay personality: As a Mage, I take an inapproprieate amount of glee for my Good alignment in utterly destroying my enemies with magic, while I'm more of a mischief-maker as a Thief, lock-picking for the sake of lock-picking and only occasionally stealing the contents within (I would like to think that I'd be driving the NPCs mad with doubt as to whether they truly secured their doors/chests of valuables/etc).

Appearance-wise, I'm open to your interpretations on how you think each class should look, though Bonus Points for inserting the color purple 'cause it's my favorite!

Attached are pics of yours truly with an "up to no good" expression. Have fun and many thanks!
    @tap_water_on_fire "I solemnly swear I am up to no good!" ;)
  • tap_water_on_firetap_water_on_fire Member Posts: 28
    @LadyRhian Hur hur hur! My life's motto! (Insert troll face here) ;D
    :grin: