Skip to content

Ice Island Level II Map Flip?

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
I have flipped the Ice Island's 'Restored' Second Level in order to make it more of a unique map and less of a frozen over Candlekeep catacomb cave level.
  1. Ice Island Level II Map Flip?18 votes
    1. I think that it is an Improvement and I support this change.
      38.89%
    2. I think that it is not an Improvement and I do not support this change.
        5.56%
    3. I am indifferent.
      55.56%
JuliusBorisovFiendish_Warrior[Deleted User]

Comments

• WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited June 2015
    Ice Island Level II Map Unedited:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Candlekeep Caverns Map:
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It could be a nice mod, thumbs up for noticing this issue with repeating maps. I have to say there're a lot of repeating maps in BG1/BG2, so if there were mods to offer differencies, I'd use them;)
    WithinAmnesia
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Doesn't affect gameplay.
    WithinAmnesia
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    I agree with @Jarrakul. At a minimum, it would need a flip and a rotation in order to not notice it as much on a gameplay level.
    WithinAmnesia
    Well at least a flip yes?
    Fiendish_Warrior
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    Absolutely. Like @Jarrakul said, it's a start.
    WithinAmnesia
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015
    Ehh I think the bigger thing is encounters. Make the encounters quite a bit different than what you'd get if you were to go through the catacombs underneath Candlekeep. For instance have Remorhaz or some other IWD ice-based creatures in there.
    WithinAmnesiaJarrakulJuliusBorisov
    elminster said:

Ehh I think the bigger thing is encounters. Make the encounters quite a bit different than what you'd get if you were to go through the catacombs underneath Candlekeep. For instance have Remorhaz or some other IWD ice-based creatures in there.

Amazing Idea Elminster!
    JuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited June 2015
    @WithinAmnesia - Nice idea. Do you have the flipped resources for AR1010 available for download?
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on

@WithinAmnesia - Nice idea. Do you have the flipped resources for AR1010 available for download?

Not yet my friend, Not yet;)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Are you doing it by hand with NI or DLTCEP or are you scripting all the x-vertex transformations? (I hope the latter, there's a lot of wall polygon vertexes to flip otherwise :sweat_smile: )
    elminster
    edited June 2015

Are you doing it by hand with NI or DLTCEP or are you scripting all the x-vertex transformations? (I hope the latter, there's a lot of wall polygon vertexes to flip otherwise :sweat_smile: )

To be honest my internet friend I (currently) have no idea as to how to flip the map(s) as of yet:S. All that I do know however is that I want the community to have this (^Above Map Flip^) and that it would (at least in my opinion) improve The Original Baldur's Gate; thus 'unflipped maps' fuel my drive to learn how to flip a map without error(s). :-)
    JuliusBorisov