Skip to content

I hate that....

13»

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    bengoshi said:

I hate that there's no spell in the game that helps to bring back chunked companions.

Isn't that what the 'wish' spell is for?
    Quartz
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    bengoshi said:

I hate that there's no spell in the game that helps to bring back chunked companions.

I love that and it's been a point of debate in our RPing, namely whether someone should be able to be resurrected if their body is pretty destroyed.
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015
    Another quest is getting access to the thieves guild in BG1.

There is only one thief in the entire city that is willing to tell you the password. If you reject his offer he will leave and never return. Even if you are a thief you can't convince people in the guild that you are now interested. This is the case even though this "master" was reportedly interested in you helping out.

The only way you can then get access to the thieves guild, including the quests (outside of sneaking in yourself) is to say that you don't know the password. Which as far as I'm concerned isn't the best way of approaching the quest since I suspect a lot of players would at least look to see what the options for the password are (and if you go into that menu then you have to guess, there is no backing out).

If you sneak in on the otherhand then even if you get the quest for Alatos they will still bug you for the password.

Its still now better handled in BGEE than it was in the original (which was programmed to have all three guards ask you about the password even if you had previously correctly answered) but I still think from a quest standpoint it could have been originally better done.
    Post edited by elminster on
    QuartzlolienJuliusBorisov
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited June 2015
    bengoshi said:

Can't Wish accomplish this feat?

Edit: Already been said of course! I really need to start paying attention to page numbers!
    elminster said:

bengoshi said:

You should be able to bring them back as flesh golems!
    Gross, man.
    lolienJuliusBorisovelminster
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    bengoshi said:

I meant BG1.

Anyway, let's continue.

I hate that you can't help Larriaz. She's killed a fisherman's family and dying but the only things you can do it to leave her to die or kill her. I would like to have an option to help her.
    howmanyhourslolienFiendish_WarriorNonnahswriter
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited June 2015
    I wish an enchanced Soultaker dagger was a reward after beating Aec'Letec, it would have felt like a decent payoff for beating that bastard!:P

Sure daggers aren't the most coveted weapon ever, but it might have felt nice from an RP standpoint as well.

I hated looking up a guide on how to get the Vampires revenge, but not looking at what kind of statistics that sword had...Boy was I in for a surprise:(

Damn trollish easter egg, but it's also a little amusing thinking back on it.
    JuliusBorisovlolienFiendish_WarriorQuartz
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I hate that druids use the "divine" spell category and don't have their own. I've heard they were considered a cleric kit at some point (pre 2E?), but I don't like it. I hate that they share so many spells with clerics and would have preferred if they had their own set of spells, which could thematically be the same as the current ones, but with new names and descriptions etc.

Don't remember if this has already been posted here, but I hate that druids can't dual/multi with rogues, rangers and mages.
    VallmyrFiendish_Warriorronaldo
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Also, maybe this as well has been posted here, I hate that all clerics, no matter what deity they follow, can't use bladed weapons (even those following a deity with a preferred weapon which is bladed!).
    VallmyrFiendish_WarriorGrumQuartz
  • SxphxrxthSxphxrxth Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2015
    I hate that when I pick up a club it sounds metallic.
    Fiendish_WarriorQuartzlolien
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Sxphxrxth said:

I hate that when I pick up a club it sounds metallic.

Ironwood.

Fiendish_Warrior[Deleted User]lolien
    Sorry, but this is IWD related. I hate that killing anyone in town turns the whole town hostile (with a notable exception), whether justified or not.

Details:

I used a Paladin to detect evil when I walked into the bar in Kuldahar. It not only failed to produce additional dialogue with Lysan (you'd think he'd at least ask about it at a minimum), but killing her provoked everyone, even though we know she really is bad news, and gives a Paladin no chance to explain.
    QuartzJuliusBorisov
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Sorry, but this is IWD related. I hate that killing anyone in town turns the whole town hostile (with a notable exception), whether justified or not.

Details:

I used a Paladin to detect evil when I walked into the bar in Kuldahar. It not only failed to produce additional dialogue with Lysan (you'd think he'd at least ask about it at a minimum), but killing her provoked everyone, even though we know she really is bad news, and gives a Paladin no chance to explain.
    Evil doesn't mean that you are doing anything wrong. A neutral evil person who lives in a town can still be a productive member of society. What does it matter if a waitress is evil? She could be a greedy, manipulative piece of trash...but unless she *does* something evil, you can't just kill her.

That said, a paladin who straight out murders anyone who pings evil would be fun to RP, but it doesn't really fit the archetype.
    JuliusBorisovlolienFiendish_Warriorelminster
    You have to punish people for their sins!!! :smiley:
    JuliusBorisov
    edited June 2015
    Jarrakul said:

To be honest, while I think wanting additional dialog for that situation is perfectly reasonable, I also think it's perfectly reasonable for the townsfolk to freak out and not wait around for an explanation after you murder the local barmaid in cold blood.

You're taking that post far more seriously than it was intended. I believe it is true that killing any commoner, even if they're home alone, makes the whole town go hostile in IWD (whereas in BG you simply take a rep hit), but I was trying to have fun with my posts more than anything. Interestingly, there might be a disturbing exception to this, but I want to test it more.

^^^ That didn't come off crabby, did it? It's not meant to be. I'm just typing before bed which is a bad idea.
    JuliusBorisovelminster
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Fiendish_Warrior
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I don't hate, but I'm disappointed, that volo's guide gives truly interesting details about baldurs gate taverns (secret passages, hinted torture rooms, a portal...) but they don't appear in game. That and I really wanted to hear the song at the elf song tavern.
    elminster[Deleted User]
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015
    To be fair it is stated in-game that the ghost has disappeared. Which is consistent I believe with what Volo has to say on the matter.

Edit: Apparently Volo doesn't bring it up, the manual's section on it doesn't bring it up, and the campaign setting doesn't bring it up. So I guess I'm just misremembering. :)