Skip to content

Steam Summer Sale - June 11th

2»

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Adso said:

CoryNewb said:

I bought chips challenge 1&2 for $3.74. I'm looking at buying sonic the hedgehog & eternal champions for $3.98 because apparently I just want early nineties games right now.

Eternal Champions? I thought i was the only one who liked that (I could never get friends to play that one). I like Shadow and Xavier the most as characters, but I would own the AI with Trident, no contest.

For a 90s fix, don't forget Streets of Rage. :)
    My uncle had it and we used to play it when I was a lad. It has controller support on steam so i can sit on the couch and play against my daughters :)
    Adso
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    Ohmigosh I got Anachronox for like $1.30! That's one of my favorite games of all time (except for the abysmal combat system). But the rest of the game is so good I even put up with the horrible combat.
    Adso
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited June 2015
    hmmmm, only ~$20 extra for the privilege of not buying them individually

Post edited by SethDavis on
    the_spyderCoryNewbelminsterSouthpaw
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    The only one I don't have is Witcher 3... Because Steam hasn't brought it down past 10 percent yet. :wink:
    WilburCoryNewb
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I need to finish the first two and upgrade my pc before I even think about getting the Witcher 3.
    CoryNewb
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    CoryNewb said:

Fardragon said:

Advice please:

I can't choose between Wasteland 2 and Divinity: Original Sin.

Advice: wait for dailies/flash sale and buy both! I fully expect divinity to come down to $15-20 and wasteland too. I will probably get divinity and shadowrun returns ($3-4)
    I don't have time to watch Steam so closely. And if I did, I wouldn't have time to play both games.

Shadowrun Returns is a bit painful, but Dragonfall is excellent.
    CoryNewbSouthpaw
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I'd say go for Wasteland 2 if you have to pick, Fardragon. Though both are excellent games worthy of your time.
    CoryNewbFardragonMusigny
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2015
    Wilbur said:

I picked up Heart of Iron Collection III for 10,49€. Not bad at all. I'm a huge Europa Universalis (also a Paradox game) fan so this will probably be well worth it.

Its a lot more complex than EU, but totally worth it if you can get into it.

Though if you are a mac user Steam isn't a good place to be buying it. A lot of the DLC won't work with the steam version (due to a legal dispute as I understand it). But that is only for mac users.
    Wilbur
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    elminster said:

Wilbur said:

I picked up Heart of Iron Collection III for 10,49€. Not bad at all. I'm a huge Europa Universalis (also a Paradox game) fan so this will probably be well worth it.

Its a lot more complex than EU, but totally worth it if you can get into it.

Though if you are a mac user Steam isn't a good place to be buying it. A lot of the DLC won't work with the steam version (due to a legal dispute as I understand it). But that is only for mac users.
    I've played for a few hour now and I can see what you meant by it being complex :)
    Gladly there are good Youtube tutorials that help beginners a great deal. I enjoy it already even though I have now idea what I'm doing most of the time :D
    And I'm a Windows user btw so I think I got all the DLCs.
    elminster
    edited June 2015
    But yea its a really fun game. My favourite game I was playing as Canada. I took over probably 1/3 of the world by the time the Nazis were defeated. I wasn't in any position to be taking on one of the major powers by that point beyond maybe Italy (because my technology was very focused on key areas and overall was still very far behind) but it was still a pretty fun run :)
    Wilbur
    The biggest advice I could give would be to keep in mind supply. Also if you are a new player try to avoid choosing a country where having a large navy is important. I'd found dealing with an enemies navy (and navy combat in general) to be the least interesting aspect of the game.
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    BG1/2EE & IWD EE are 50% off on Steam until June 22nd. Time to hit up Steam using friends who haven't bought yet.
    JuliusBorisovMusigny
    I picked up Divinity Original Sin, Fallout New Vegas, and Portal 2.
    elminster
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Can't run Divinity Original Sin... so ain't getting it.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    I got Borderlands 2 + DLC, The Divinity Anthology for a friend, and Space Hulk Ascension with the DLC.
    ButtercheeseCoryNewb
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @SapphireIce101: Awww yeah, Borderlands 2 is awesomesauce, good buy!

As planned, I got Borderlands 1 Game of the Year Edition, both for the hubby and me.
    CoryNewb
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    CoryNewb said:

....D:OS is sitting in my wishlist for a long time now, but I'm waiting till it drops to ~ -50% at least. A little bit expensive... the temptation...OH THE TEMPTATION!
    CoryNewb
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    @Buttercheese - My friend, that I bought the Divinity Anthology for, and I have planned to do a complete Borderland's playthrough. Well, minus the Pre-quel Sequel. So, heres for being awesome. :smiley:
    CoryNewbButtercheese
    Southpaw said:

CoryNewb said:

....D:OS is sitting in my wishlist for a long time now, but I'm waiting till it drops to ~ -50% at least. A little bit expensive... the temptation...OH THE TEMPTATION!
    %50 off would save you $6 or $7 here...just pull the trigger!

Plus the free update this year is going to add controller support and a bunch of upgrades to the game.

I'm looking forward to playing the 4 play mod with my friends who have the game.
    edited June 2015
    I picked up Rise of Nations : Extended Edition. I have to say its impressive how little Microsoft has done with it to justify its insane normal price (clear bugs in the game that go all the way back to the original, like infantry running around rather than shooting, are still present), but I'm still enjoying it all the same. Purely because I hadn't played it in years.
    CoryNewb
    Ori and the blind forest went on sale for 40% off. Just waiting to see if magicka 2 or axiom verge get sales before the weekend.
    Sale is wrapping up. I bought axiom verge (not on sale). A pretty good haul this year. I spent about $90 on several games that will keep me busy for the rest of 2015. I don't have a backlog right now so I can get started right away. I think first up will be fallout new Vegas, and I may start one of my metroidvanias to offset the openworld RPG (ori and the blind forest/axiom verge).
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I passed on the Steam sale. Nothing much really grabbed me. The GOG sale, on the other hand, took plenty of my money. I am not letting myself buy any more games until next summer's sale (except Adventure Y and the PoE expansion).
    elminster
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    My total tally was:
    -Anachronox
    -Heroes of Might & Magic III HD
    -To The Moon
    -Don't Starve
    -The Blackwell Epiphany
    -Never Alone
    elminsterCoryNewb
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    @elminster Galactic Civ 3 has been sort of a disappointment so far, so dont feel bad about not getting it. Lots of clunky mechanics and annoying features :neutral: . I much prefer Endless Space or Sword of the Stars 2:enhanced edition to it.

elminsterCoryNewb