Skip to content

{*Spoilers*} The sewers beneath Temple District - Kangaxx skull

There is a secret door in the north section of the SEWERS that does not have a 'conventional lock mechanism' to lock pick and no apparent way to open. Where to find the item to unlock it?

Also I have destroyed the SHADE LICH and cannot find the rest of Kangaxx bones. I have his arms and legs but not the skull i think.

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    The Skull is the thing that speaks to you. You need the torso in fact. And you need to get the key from Gaal whom you can find in the same area
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    The locked door in the northern Sewers leads to the lair of an Alhoon. You can find the key on Tazok during the Windspear Hills quest line
  • TheWiSeFooLTheWiSeFooL Member Posts: 124
    Arunsun said:

The Skull is the thing that speaks to you. You need the torso in fact. And you need to get the key from Gaal whom you can find in the same area

There is no other NPC in the sewer area except for the storekeeper whom I killed to reduce rep. Forgot his name.

The other secret entrance leads up to the another area with no other npc's.

The other EXIT that leads into the cult of the eyeless area has no npc named Gaal.

I have the legs and arms, where is the TORSO?

lolien
    edited June 2015
    Kangaxx locations:

- bridge district, basement of a house
    - sewers, west side ancient tunnels at the western end (may require Unseeing Eye quest)
    - docks, center south (Kangaxx himself)
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    On the north west corner of the Sewers is an exit to the cult of the eyeless. If you triggered that quest, then you should find Gaal somewhere south west in that area, choose the right dialogue option for him to give you a key. Roam a little bit in the area, you should find the secone lich.

As for the other secret entrance in the sewers, you get the key during windspear hills quest.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Since the OP has the arms and legs, and knows what the cult of the eyeless is, we can be pretty confident that that's not the one the OP's looking for. There are two others. The locked door in the main sewers map has nothing to do with them. I recommending barging into random houses in the city and seeing what you find.
    lolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The Elemental Lich, the next Lich after the Shade Lich, is found in the Bridge District, in a door on the far south end of the map. It's right next to the door that leads to the Twisted Rune, and just to the northeast of the guy in red who appears after you rescue Tirdir from the open grave in the Graveyard District.

If the Shade Lich has the arms and legs, then the Elemental Lich has the torso. The next piece is in the Bridge District. Then Kangaxx himself is behind a locked door in the Docks district, between Mae'Var's guild hall and the Sea's Bounty Tavern. Kangaxx has the skull, as mentioned before.

Unseeing Eye, then south Bridge District, then south Docks District.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    Ok So I got the parts.

Couldn't stop my main character from being MAZED, he becomes immune after you killed him twice....what do you have to use?
    Can't remember how I did it years ago the first time.
    lolien

No spells will harm him.

[...]

@zol and @Blackraven have also mentioned that the Potion of Firebreath is able to harm Kangaxx.

Afaik Demiliches are immune to all spells of levels 1-8. Lvl9 spells should work, as well as lvl0 spells, which the Potion of Firebreath probably is. Would be interesting to see if it's the same with Dragon Disciple breath? I'm sure someone knows.

Also I seem to recall that you can stun-lock Kangaxx with Jan's Flasher, as long as you don't shoot at him but at something very close to him (like your own characters). He is immune to being hit by the Flasher, but not immune to the small-range area of effect stun they cause on their target.
    semiticgoddess
  • SampieroSampiero Member Posts: 31
    you can set traps next to the lich, so she takes some damages when she pops; and then send her summoned monsters to use all of her spells. Once she became a demilich; send aerie with spell immunity and a good staff; let your party in a corner and watch the slowest and boring fight :

aerie did 2 damage to kangaxx.
    kangaxx cast imprisonment : spell ineffective
    aerie did 1 damage to kangaxx
    kangaxx cast imprisonment : ineffective

until she dies.
    Quartzlolien
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486

@zol and @Blackraven have also mentioned that the Potion of Firebreath is able to harm Kangaxx.

Technically speaking I used the Wand of Fire (Agannazar's Scorcher function), but the idea is the same...
    semiticgoddesslolienJuliusBorisov
  • SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    @semiticgod
    Isn't Daystar also a viable weapon agaisnt Kangaxx? I believe it counts as a +4 weapon.
    @Sertorius: I've heard as much, but I checked the item file in DLTCEP and it said it was just a +2 weapon.

The Flame Tongue, available from one of the druids with Dalok in the Druid Grove, and the War Hammer +1, +4 vs. Giantkin, which I believe is in the golem room of the De'Arnise Hold, can also harm Kangaxx, as they are flagged as +4 weapons.
    I just tested on an adamantine golem, and while I can't say from that whether Daystar is actually +4, it's definitely at least +3.
    Then it must vary depending on the game version and mods. Yours must be the +4 Daystar.
    I'm fairly confident it's +2 in the original game, and I've heard (and it matches with my experience) that the EEs changed it to +4. Could that explain what you're seeing in the files?
    Sertoriuslolien
    @Jarrakul EE changed a fair amount of things about weapon. The example I can think of are defender of Easthaven, now a +3 weapon, and mace of Disruption which now strike as a +3/+5 weapon (depending on whether you improved it)
    semiticgoddess
    OOps I think I may have sold the rest of the illithium ore to an NPC - need a cheat code to cheat it back in :p
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Daystar is so badass. Dual-wield that with Blackrazor and you are the ultimate in cool.
  • SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    @semiticgod

http://i.imgur.com/k63pswT.jpg

Daystar is +4 vs. evil creatures
    @Arunson, I thought the Mace of Disruption always did that? Old internet pages certainly seem to think so.

@Sertorius, that's certainly true in terms of THAC0/damage bonuses, but that's not how the ability to hurt +x immune enemies functions. Each weapon in the game as a single enhancement level for that purpose, which does not vary no matter what you're attacking. So the warhammer +1/+4 vs. giantkin can hurt creatures immune to +3 or below weapons, even if they aren't in any way related to giants. Now, this number is usually hidden. It tends to be the same number as the weapon's THAC0/damage bonus, but not always. Daystar in the days of the original game was +2, which was a serious liability since a number of powerful enemies are immune to +2 weapons. Now it's +4. It still performs exactly as well against enemies who are vulnerable to +2 weapons, but now it can hurt many enemies that it couldn't deal damage to before.
    semiticgoddess
    Daystar is still criminally underrated for some reason. I see many people just not giving it the attention it deserves, but it is a VERY good weapon indeed!
    Jarrakul
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @semiticgod, @Jarrakul - yes, EE has changed Daystar from +2 enchantment in original BG2 to +4 enchantment in BG2ee. Because it's a sunblade, I believe it was always meant to be able to strike high-level undead, so this change is the correction of an error in original BG2, not merely a capricious gift by the EE devs.
    JarrakulJuliusBorisov
    That, and almost all weapons with different enhancement bonuses against different creatures used the higher option for determining what they could hurt.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Jarrakul said:

That, and almost all weapons with different enhancement bonuses against different creatures used the higher option for determining what they could hurt.

True ... and I reckon that's actually the design intention of most of those weapons, which in several cases was not correctly implemented in original BG.