Skip to content

Mod. Review: Dark Side of the Sword Coast N.P.C.s!

Comments

• WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited April 2016
    @Dee 's request: This review will be changed for more respect to the developers of the Dark Side of the Sword Coast. Unconditional respect I suppose is a lot more prevalent within the Baldur's Gate community than I had first presumed. I am glad that we champion respect here. I am surprised yet again by the professionalism of the forum staff. May it never change, May It Never Change.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ROUND NINE: KEIRIA SILVERSTRING
    Keiria Silverstring:
    Race: Half-Elf
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Class: Bard
    Ability Scores:
    Strength: 17
    Dexterity: 18
    Constitution: 16
    Intellect: 18
    Wisdom: 11
    Charisma: 18
    [Ability Roll: 98, Mary Sue]

Character Ability Balance:
    -Keiria Silverstring is a noteworthy character by design, She occupies a two niches that no other original recruitable character fills: being a Good Aligned Bard as well as a Female Bard. Although with that said this subject is about balance: With respect to the developers of the Dark Side of the Sword Coast, I will say my bias and admit that I do not like the character's power design although that is mostly a case of too high of Ability scores and not a case of 'god mode' or another strictly game breaking thing like that. Although I feel as if for Keiria to become a truly good and well rounded and further more a character with a fair power balance (again I admire the work of the developers work and I would not do these reviews if I did not; with that said) I find that Keiria Silver String is in need of a major.. Well to be abrupt: 'Nerf'.
    Here is (my first draft of) what I would do with Keiria Silverstring:
    Strength: 14 (-3)
    Dexterity: 15 (-3)
    Constitution: 11 (-5)
    Intellect: 16 (-2)
    Wisdom: 11 (+/- 0)
    Charisma: 17+1* (Technically -1)
    [Ability Roll: 84 (-14), High]
    *+1 Charisma Bonus acquired from her planned 'newly changed' Bard's Ring.

Why Nerf / Change Keiria Silverstring's Ability Score ?:
    Strength: 14
    -Keiria's original Strength is lowered to gain no 'combat bonus'. Although Keiria wields a Two-Handed Sword in her 'Enhanced Edition', so I found it suiting for her to still be able to meet the 14 Strength requirement of most Two-Handed Swords. Also If I gave Keiria Silverstring 16+ Strength she would cheapen Eldoth's Strength / Constitution fighting bonuses. Plus If I gave her 15 Strength than She would arguably obsolete Garrick's 14 Strength; and Garrick is weak enough as it is. Additionally this point is compounded by both Keiria and Garrick being able to be recruited early on and I realize that early comparisons of the two would eventually happen. So I decided to set Keiria and Garrick on even terms of Strength given that one of Eldoth's main competitive advantages is that he has a mediocre 16 Strength combat bonus going in his favour. I did not want to remove Eldoth's strength niche by giving Keiria even 15+ Strength.

Dexterity:
    -The 15 Dexterity 'Nerf' (down from 18 Dexterity) is so that Keiria still gains a slight combat bonus to her fighting ability although it does not remove Garrick's arguably best Ability Score that he possesses - his 16 Dexterity. If Keiria gained 16 Dexterity there would be little competitive reason to recruit Garrick. For (arguably) the only thing that Garrick has going for him is his 16 Dexterity Ability Score when in a Competitive Comparison in-between the other two recruitable Bard characters: Eldoth and Keiria. If Garrick's Dexterity is made obsolescent by Keiria, then he truly has no unique roll and or niche to play. That would be quite sad for an Original Baldur's Gate recruitable Bard to have no roll to play yes?

Constitution:
    -I chose an 11 Constitution Ability Score for Keiria for I did not want her character to be a 'push over' in terms of personality. Yes 11 Constitution is technically no different than 7 or even 14 although I wanted her character to reflect her ability to be mentally and physically independent (she Is travelling alone in a semi-bandit infested region) and for her to 'stand on he two feet' and I felt that anything 10 or below made her look too 'weak' if you get my drift. My reason is simple for why I did not want her to have 10 or less Constitution although here is Why I did not pick a Higher Ability Score for Keiria Silverstring: I wanted her to have a maximum total of 84 (High, but not Very High) for her Ability Roll to be 'competitive' with Garrick and Eldoth. I do not want Keiria to have an 'out of the park' Ability Roll as her current build does; which arguably leaves no 'competitive niche' for either of the preexisting original recruitable Bards: Garrick and Eldoth. So with that said those aforementioned reduced Ability Score Points had to be 'bled' form somewhere. I have decided that I want Keiria Silverstring to have a niche where her 'unique' Ability Scores are preserved yet her 'non-unique' Ability Score are reduced (such as her Constitution and Dexterity). So Keiria Silverstring now has 11 Constitution in my 'first draft' of her character's arguably improved immersion continuity within the Original Baldur's Gate. Does these character power decisions make sense and or sound fair?

Intellect:
    -16 Intellect remains for Keiria Silverstring so that she still retains her unique arcane casting bonus 'niche' yet she does not become a 'Super Gish' Bard (as her 'Martial Combat' prowess has been significantly diminished). I champion the school of thought that every recruitable non-player character should bring at least something competitive 'to the table'. I want to find questions asked by you good players to be such as: 'Which Bard is the best?' and for the answer to not be unwaveringly and resoundingly to be the same name repeated time and time again but rather for another more deeper and arguably more meaningful reply for the previous example question to be asked: 'Well that depends on what You, The Player Want out of your Bard.' I believe that these types of questions will not exist if there is only one Bard for all roles and arguably every situation of dire need. No, we should deserve better than a single named answer when we the face such a complex question. A question that is asked to better help the, perhaps 'uncertain' player defeat and conquer the mass array of challenge, adversity and varied rolls demanded from that player's recruitable characters; from our recruitable characters. No we 'need' more than that, what I believe in my humble opinion is that we need characters with unique, complex and perhaps more importantly engaging options available to us. Such an 'engaging option' is that instead of having a Bard named Keiria Silverstring being able to perform all demanded Bardic rolls placed upon her with 'flying colours' (when her fellow recruitable Bards cannot even match one of her many strengths, even when combined.) Is that in my personal point of view and argument: Instead Keiria Silverstring should be like the rest of her fellow mortals, having strengths and weaknesses and arguably more importantly Unique Strengths and Weaknesses in the name of diversity, immersion and the 'holy grail' player engagement.

Wisdom:
    -I Retained her 'real' 11 Wisdom mostly out of respect for the developers' original decisions (as a memento of Keiria's original Ability Scores) and to also keep at least the one 'reasonable' Ability Score intact for her Wisdom Score offers her little to no 'real' combat bonus(es) to her character for she is a Bard; and Bards do not rely (perhaps unfortunately :wink:) upon Wisdom for their 'direct' prowess in combat.

Charisma:
    -Now this is perhaps the most interesting part of 'balance review' of Keiria Silverstring for I gave her 18 Charisma ('well actually technically': 17 +1). I wanted to preserve Keiria Silverstring's extra-ordinary charismatic nature and to give her that extra special 'something' (with that being her 'envisioned' magic ring: Bard's Ring). So Garrick is not that great (he 'sucks' and is arguably the worst non-player character offered with the Original Baldur's Gate so let us not use him too much as an comparison analog for Keiria's 'special something' [for his 'special something' is 'being the best sacrificial character to get 'gibbed' by Drizzt in hardcore runs':wink:].) Although Eldoth's character's power is 'not that far off' from a direct 'Statistical Comparison Level'. Avast ye maties! - 'Ah ha' I hear you say, 'Eldoth can create Five Poisoned Arrows once per day that can collectively (9 times out of 10) deal at very least (one stack of) 21-26 mixed 'on demand' damage (over time) to an enemy; that is HUGE if use right!'. Well it is but fear not me hearties! I have a plan: Keiria's "Bard's Ring". Named in that I plan to Nerf it, Nerf it into the ground! (Mu-hu-ha-ha-ha and all that jazz.) Anyway gone is the "Grants one extra bard spell from 1st to 4th levels." and Hello 'gimpy' +1 Charisma (and
    perhaps a once per day 33% chance along with consuming 5 regular Crossbow Bolts (that are always consumed, even if the spell is unsuccessful) to create one Bolt of Dispelling +1 (as a nod to her 35 Bolts of Dispelling +1 in her crossbow's quiver when her 'Enhanced Edition' is recruited.) Now I can guess what some of you may be thinking (that sounds awesome, thank you if you but joking aside) Hey wait a moment, wouldn't that cheapen Eldoth's Special Innate Ability: Once per Day Create Five Poisoned Arrows? Well in short yes and no. For example 'on average' 33% means roughly 'one in three'. So one could presume that on average (or not with reloading) that Keiria Silverstring could in theory produce one bolt every 'three days'. One very special and unique 'anti-spellcaster' bolt that could (although it might very well be resisted or even miss, 15 Dexterity adds no direct 'to hit' combat bonuses for example) help her ('magically inclined') character gain a significant edge when battling magic wielding opponents. Although that being said, I personally feel that unique 'bolt' or not they cannot 'touch' Eldoth's Special Innate Ability: Once per Day Create Five Poisoned Arrows. Those 'ranged weapons' can in theory deal ~117.5 damage per day IF used carefully and or correctly; now I would say that ~117.5 damage per day is > one 'under 33% chance' to deal ~5 Damage plus a dispel magic once per day. So that being said, I think that this is a good 'first draft' of Ability Scores for the Arguably 'Vastly Improved': Keiria Silverstring.

Although there is one more elephant in the room: Her Starting equipment.. Is it Over Powered? Well Yes and No; but mostly Yes. You see Keiria is equipped with (forest?) Eleven Studded Leather +1 which very importantly allows her to Cast Arcane Spells While Worn. Now I would like for her to be able to have such a special suit of personal armour (and connection to he Elven Roots lore wise :smile:) although I feel that a 'very very' special suit of Elven Studded Leather Armour +1 'right off the bat' would be a tad over powered in my mind; although that does not mean that she cannot have said 'very very' special suit of Elven Studded Leather Armour +1.) I would rather want her to endeavour with the player on a great quest worthy of song and dance that climaxes itself into Keiria Silverstring being earnedly rewarded with a certain special suit of Elven Studded Leather Armour +1 :wink:. I would feel that to be a more 'suiting' (the puns :-P), thoroughly rewarding and arguably most importantly an engaging experience. I would rather that than something 'along the lines of': 'Here you go with a free suit of Elven Studded Leather Armour +1, thank you very much for recruiting me, level two adventurer -sincerely Keiria Silverstring'. I would rather such rare and powerful treasures be earnt and fought for with tooth and nail, with guile and wit, and chiefly a good plan. Reward the player not give them free undeserved 'gifts' that they will not value nor cherish with a great respect for they did not fight for them, rather they clicked on a dialog option within a dialog tree that is easily accessible within the plot-centric town of Nashkel (Where Keiria Silverstring can be found within the Dark Side of the Sword Coast 'Enhanced Edition'). I aforementioned of Keiria Silverstring owning 35 Bolts of Dispelling +1 in her crossbow's quiver. This is true within her 'Enhanced Edition' and they are effectively the crossbow's answer the Arrow of Dispelling (launchable from most any bow). Although unlike an Arrow of Dispelling the Bolt of Dispelling +1 deals 1 Die 8 +1 worth of piecing damage upon an unmodified successful hit upon its target (with additionally dispelling the magic.) She also has in her posses the "Bard's Ring" which (previously stated): "Grants one extra bard spell from 1st to 4th levels." -Which is true (it would be rather 'funny' if it was not eh? :sweat_smile:.) I feel that this magic ring is arguably more powerful than the Ring of Wizardry although that is Highly debatable and should be for another time (if any for it is 'far off' from our original subject). Also I will take this opportunity to state that the "Bard's Ring" is only usable by Bards. As for her other equipment she has two stacks of 20 'default arrows' and and a non-magical 'plain-Jane' Two-Handed Sword beside "Keiria's Light Crossbow of Speed". Yes is it just a 'free' Light Crossbow of Speed that matches Keiria's attire; I thought 11 Wisdom is rather suiting for her rather 'naive nature' :wink:. Although I think that albeit a Stylin' Light Crossbow of Speed, it does cheapen the steep cost of an 'arm and a leg' of the original Light Crossbow of Speed. Although I see no problem with having an option where Keiria can use her 18 Charisma to acquire a the services of Taerom Fuiruim (Thunderhammer Smithy, also I would be confident that with 'business being poor with the iron shortage you know' Taerom Fuiruim would love the added business) to 'recolour' and or paint most of the crossbows within the original game at the cost of some time and some extra coin just for the sheer undervalued sense of Style *Shades*.
    Also Keiria Silverstring has a mundane quarterstaff and an unenchanted buckler carried within or attached to her back pack.
    [Spoiler]Old Disrespectful Review:-I feel as to not do this review for it is saddening for myself to see such a blatantly overpowered character -Keiria Silverstring-.[/Spoiler]
    Non-Player Character Analog:
    -Original 'Bard' Recruitable Non-Player Characters: Garrick and Eldoth.

Without further ado, let us compare both of the original recruitable Bards one after the other to Keiria Silverstring.
    Garrick's Ability Scores:
    Strength: 14 (-3)
    Dexterity: 16 (-2)
    Constitution: 9 (-7)
    Intellect: 13 (-5)
    Wisdom: 14 (+3)
    Charisma: 15 (-3)
    [Ability Roll: 81 (-17), High]
    Yeah.. So here I would like to high light the fact that Keiria Silverstring with her current build, completely obsoletes both of the original recruitable Bards for she just has, well 'super statistics' (as can be witnessed both of the above and below character comparisons)
    [Spoiler]Disrespectful Review:-This is hopeless..[/Spoiler]
    Okay let us finish her off now with poor Eldoth Kron, the dirty drunken dastard..
    Eldoth's Ability Scores:
    Strength: 16 (-1)
    Dexterity: 12 (-6)
    Constitution: 15 (-1)
    Intellect: 13 (-5)
    Wisdom: 10 (-1)
    Charisma: 16 (-2)
    [Ability Roll: 82 (-16), High]
    Well I hope that this will be a thing of the past with future build(s) of Keiria Silverstring for she is missing her potential (I believe) as a competitive 'Spell Casting / Crossbow-centric' Bard character. Poor Eldoth here is been unfortunately, well 'brutalized' in this comparison for his 'Strength / Constitution - Fighting Bonus Niche' is eliminated due to Keiria's 'Current' (17/06/2015) 'Enhanced Edition' Build. Eldoth has no Ability Score that is even equal to any of Keiria's Ability Scores; not even her 11 Wisdom. So in a Statistical regard it is kind of a 'one legged kicking contest' for Eldoth. His 'Combat Niche' (among Bard(s) anyway) of Strength + Constitution is swallowed up by Keiria Silverstring's 17 Strength and 16 Constitution respectively. Yes Eldoth does still have his Special Innate Ability: Once per Day Create Five Poisoned Arrows, yet five powerful poisoned arrows just cannot holistically compete with losing -13- 'Combat Ability Scores' (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution and Intellect.) I like Keiria Silverstring and her initial design, but she is (I my head anyway) in dire need of some more creative love if she wants to become an immersive addition to the original line-up of Recruitable Non-Player Characters. I would most enjoy it if Keiria Silverstring in some fashion was remade into an immersive recruitable character (please see my character power suggestions above if you wish:smile:) for than we could have a great addition of an opinion of recruiting an unprecedented Female Bard into our play-throughs; I know I would be most pleased by addition of that engaging gameplay option.

Also I have reviewed the 'currently available' Bard Kits and as much as I am a champion of introducing new and creative Kitted recruitable characters into the Original Baldur's Gate, I do not see any of the options fitting for our gifted Keiria Silverstring, and Here is Why:
    Blade: -Melee Fighter (Keiria has arcane spell casting as one of her strongest traits, not to mention her Elven Armour.)
    Jester: -Foolhardy and Uncouth (I see (in my minds eye anyway, your may differ) that Keiria Silverstring is a secretly proud, bright, charming and cunning individual, with the beauty of a wild rose in spring although like a wild rose in spring she is at times a tad 'impulsive' and more often than not: jejune. I do no see a 'scheme the world' type of character with a 'heavy footing' upon her sharp wit and seductive charm to be a fool; loud, obnoxious and annoying. Clever as she is, and she may be predictably naive and materialistic upon an occasion or two, but I do see Keiria Silverstring as if she holds her self above such 'belittling games of trickery for fools and inbreds'.
    Skald: -The 'Bardbarian of the North' if you will.. Yeah I do not see such a stylish, materialistic, and I dare say a 'sophisticated lady' *far fare* whom believes herself to be 'complex and civilized' *Victorian English Accent* to be a 'stinking drum beater with a worst sense of style then a corpsegrown peasant's dross garb.'
    So I suppose that (as it stands) for Keiria Silverstring, a Trueclass Bard it is.
    [Spoiler]Disrespectful Review:-*Shakes Head* Oh and Eldoth can create five poisoned arrows once per day. What a real difference maker that is..[/Spoiler]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [Spoiler]-Disrespectful Comments:Keiria Silverstring's Quality Verdict: SUPER FAIL!!! -98 Total Ability Roll on a recruitable character and on a BARD?!? (Which are very powerful in the Original Baldur's Gate.) I 'like' her items' lore and some of their concepts but I am saddened by their cheapening power. My stomach turns and my mind cries "Mary Sue-string" when I see her current build.. I hope that I and @swit can come up with a solution for her. Although take note that Keiria Silverstring is a Good Aligned Bard (no recruitable Good Aligned Bard can be found within the Original Baldur's Gate) and also that she is a Female 'Hero'. So I suppose that she could 'work' (along side the other Good Aligned Bard: Will Scarlet O'Hara) but I think that Keiria Silverstring is a character with a horrendously terrible power design (she solidly wrecks the deep immersion of the Original Baldur's Gate) in her current build and (for me anyway) she ruins a lot of pleasure that I could have enjoyed if she was fixed or at very least not in the Dark Side of the Sword Coast.. In my humble opinion Keiria Silverstring is the worst Community Content recruitable character that I have seen so much polish spent upon. Although I want to fix Keiria Silverstring.[/Spoiler]
    I believe personally in my heart and mind that Keiria Silverstring will become a greater Recruitable Non-Player Character with these changes: I dearly hope that these changes, adding mortal vulnerability and imperfection to the previous 'goddess' that was Keiria Silverstring to help immerse definition into her character. I would rather Keiria be akin to the rest of the flawed and realistic companion characters of CHARNAME, rather than having her be the previous 'fire in the dark' so bright that nothing of her character's definition can be seen at all. Her previous path of design allowed for a character of supernatural power that scorched earth as she tread high and proud within the viles of valley of shadows; nigh untouchable she was as a 'Super Bard' with a 'God-Like' Ability Roll that totaled: 98.

Rare Ladies And Fine 'Gentle-Nerds', I Hope That Most Of You Have Enjoyed The Review. I Wish For Your Constructive Feedback.:smiley:
    Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
    JuliusBorisovswitBlackravenspacejaws
    edited June 2015
    @swit
    Character Name: Bardo
    Class / Kit: Trueclass Thief.
    Ability Scores:
    - Strength: 12
    - Dexterity: 19
    - Constitution: 13
    - Intellect: 11
    - Wisdom: 11
    - Charisma: 17
    Items:
    - Studded Leather Armour replaces his 'Baldur's Gate II Leather Armour +2'.
    - Short Bow replaces his Short Bow +1.
    - 9 Arrows of Dragon Slaying instead of his original full stack of 40: Move Arrows of Dragon Slaying x9 into the 'middle quiver slot'.
    - (Non-Magical) Arrows x30 replaces his Arrows +1 x30: Move Arrows x30 into 'leftmost quiver slot'.
    -Potion of Master Thievery x1 instead of Potion of Master Thievery x4.
    -Potion of Healing x1 instead of Potion of Healing x4.
    Special Innate Ability(s):
    - None except his Thief default of Set Snare.
    Weapon Specializations:
    -Level 2 Bardo: * Short Bow, * Dagger.
    -Level 4 Bardo: * Short Bow, * Dagger, * Short Sword.
    -Level 6 Bardo: * Short Bow, * Dagger, * Short Sword.

Extra:
    -Level 2 Bardo: Leather Armour worn instead of Studded Leather Armour
    -Level 4 Bardo: Studded Leather Armour worn.
    -Level 6 Bardo: Hide Armour worn instead of Studded Leather Armour
    JuliusBorisovTuthswit
    edited June 2015
    @swit
    Character Name: Bub Snikt
    Class / Kit: Trueclass Fighter.
    Ability Scores:
    - Strength: 17
    - Dexterity: 16
    - Constitution: 14
    - Intellect: 10
    - Charisma: 13
    Items:
    - Chain Mail Armour replaces Studded Leather Armour +1.
    - Long Bow replaces Composite Long Bow +1: Long Bow placed into Weapon Slot 1.
    - Spear added and placed into Weapon Slot 2.
    - Short Sword replaces Bastard Sword +1 : Short Sword placed into Weapon Slot 3.
    - (Non-Magical) Arrows x30 replace Arrows +1 x30 and Arrows of Biting x30: Arrows x30 placed in the leftmost quiver slot and Arrows of Biting x30 are removed.
    - Potion of Healing x2 instead of Potion of Healing x4.
    - Antidote x1 instead of Antidote x3.
    - Draw Upon Holy Might x1 per day.
    Weapon Specializations:
    -Level 2: *** Long Bow, ** Spear, * Short Sword (Original 'Illegal' "**" Weapon Specialization placed into * Long Bow, * Spear or * Short Sword).
    -Level 4: **** Long Bow, ** Spear, * Short Sword.
    -Level 6: ***** Long Bow, ** Spear, * Short Sword.

Extra:
    -Level 2 Bub Snikt: x1 Less Potion of Healing. Studded Leather Armour worn instead of Chain Mail Armour.
    -Level 4 Bub Snikt: x1 Less Potion of Healing. Studded Leather Armour worn instead of Chain Mail Armour.
    -Level 6 Bub Snikt: (full) x2 Potions of Healing. Chain Mail Armour worn.
    [Spoiler]Obsolete Character Opinion:
    Class / Kit: Berserker - Fighter Kit.
    Ability Scores
    Items:
    - Chain Mail Armour replaces Studded Leather Armour +1
    - Long Bow replaces Composite Long Bow +1
    - Spear replaces Bastard Sword +1
    - (Non-Magical) Arrows x30 replace Arrows +1 x30 and Arrows of Biting x30: Arrows x30 placed in the leftmost quiver slot and Arrows of Biting x30 are removed.
    - Short Sword placed into top leftmost inventory slot.
    - Berserker's (Default) Enrage: Once per Day for level 1, One for every 4th level thereafter.
    Weapon Specializations:
    -Level 2: ***** Long Bow (Original Base: Very Illegal for Berserkers but more 'diverse', raised and of a 'Hawk Eyeing' Family :wink:) Also * Short Sword.
    -Level 4: ***** Long Bow, * Spear, * Short Sword.

Extra:
    -Level 2 Bub Snikt: No Spear and x1 Less Potion of Healing. Studded Leather Armour worn instead of Chain Mail Armour.
    -Level 4 Bub Snikt: With Spear and x1 Less Potion of Healing. Studded Leather Armour worn instead of Chain Mail Armour.
    -Level 6 Bub Snikt: With Spear and with (full) x2 Potions of Healing. Chain Mail Armour worn.[/Spoiler]
    JuliusBorisovTuthswit
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited June 2015

-Level 2: ***** Long Bow (Original Base: Very Illegal for Berserkers but more 'diverse', raised and of a 'Hawk Eyeing' Family :wink:) Also * Short Sword.

hmm, not sure about this one. As you mentioned Berserkers can't have more than 1 star in long bows, so adding additional points would break the rules. Also on level 2, warrior have only 4 proficiency points to assign, so with 5 stars in bows and 1 in short sword this would give him additional 2 bonus proficiencies. This sounds more like a custom kit, not a true Berserker warrior. Unless one of vanilla NPCs breaks in-game rules like this, Bub would still feel like a character added by mod, not a guy that blends nicely with vanilla cast of characters. For this reason I think that Stalker kit proposed in BG:EE version of DSotSC is actually not a bad idea, if he is meant to focus on bows. Or maybe instead of "Draw Upon Holy Might" he could receive a "Hawk Eye" special ability that rises his Long Bow proficiency to 5 for 1 turn? This would be more in line with vanilla NPCs which sometimes comes with some sort of innate ability.

Other suggestions - 100% agree.
    Tuth
    edited June 2015
    @swit
    Character Name: Conchobhair Strongblade
    Class / Kit: Cavalier
    Ability Scores
    - Strength: 18/35
    - Dexterity: 14
    - Constitution: 15
    - Wisdom: 14
    - Charisma: 16
    Items:
    - Platemail +3 replaced by (Conchobhair Strongblade's) Masterwork Field Plate*: [Top Row, Bottom Row is +1 Upgrade.]
    - Two-Handed Sword +1, Dragonslayer.*
    - Helm of Glory replaced by HELM08
    - Potion of Health x1 Instead of x3
    - Potion of Healing x2 Instead of x5
    - Composite Long Bow +1 removed (Cavaliers Cannot use ranged weapons).
    - Default Paladin Special Abilities and learning progression.
    - Default Cavalier Special Abilities (Remove Fear once per day per level).
    Weapon Specializations:
    -Level 2: ** Two-Handed Sword, ** Two-Handed Style.
    -Level 4: ** Two-Handed Sword, ** Two-Handed Style, *Halberd.
    -Level 6: ** Two-Handed Sword, ** Two-Handed Style, **Halberd.

Extra:
    - *Two Handed Sword +1, Dragon Slayer Plan: +2 Upgrade and Unique B.A.M. Image; but for now:
    THAC0 +1, +3 vs Dragons
    Damage: 1d10+1, +3 vs Dragons
    Chance to Slay Dragons - Removed.
    Fire Resistance 25%.
    Acid Resistance 25%.
    Aura of Protection - Removed.
    Save vs. Breath Weapons: +1
    Speed Factor: 8 (It should orthodoxically be 9 for a +1 Two-handed Sword. The original Dragonslayer +2 has -2 'illegal' Speed Factor bonus, so I wanted to keep the uniqueness of the bonus but reduced it by one.)

- *Masterwork Field Plate:
    @swit I need technical help with Dialog File sharing / WeiDU. Although I have attached the files for both the Unique B.A.M.s and the Item Files (minus updated dialog) for (Conchobhair Strongblade's) Masterwork Field Plate and (Conchobhair Strongblade's) Field Plate +1.

- 1500 Gold replaced by 255 Gold.

- Portrait Updated: " http://isandir.com/wp-content/uploads/Conch.png "
    swit
    edited June 2015
    swit said:

hmm, not sure about this one. As you mentioned Berserkers can't have more than 1 star in long bows, so adding additional points would break the rules. Also on level 2, warrior have only 4 proficiency points to assign, so with 5 stars in bows and 1 in short sword this would give him additional 2 bonus proficiencies. This sounds more like a custom kit, not a true Berserker warrior. Unless one of vanilla NPCs breaks in-game rules like this, Bub would still feel like a character added by mod, not a guy that blends nicely with vanilla cast of characters. For this reason I think that Stalker kit proposed in BG:EE version of DSotSC is actually not a bad idea, if he is meant to focus on bows. Or maybe instead of "Draw Upon Holy Might" he could receive a "Hawk Eye" special ability that rises his Long Bow proficiency to 5 for 1 turn? This would be more in line with vanilla NPCs which sometimes comes with some sort of innate ability.

Other suggestions - 100% agree.
    I get your point my friend, although I only included it because in his original file (please bare with me).. He has a bizarre ***** Bows, ** Spear, * Short Sword as a Level 6 Fighter ('**' over his legal '******'). So I included them as a 'special ability' since someone in Bioware from ~1996-1998 decided to use illegal values for Bub Snikt's (Wolverine Easter Egg) Proficiency Points. I was kind of 'gimped' into being 'forced' to dump ***** in bows at level 2 for legally if recruited at level 2 or 4 Bub cannot retain his 'special ability' because like you said he is a Berserker and they can only legally get a maximum of '* Longbows'. Although I guess that he could acquire a difficult N.P.C. quest item that could do roughly *shakes hand* the same idea? What are your thoughts? (Extra: Originally I was going to go:
    'Weapon Specializations:
    -Level 2: ** Spear, * Short Sword, * Long Bow.
    -Level 4: *** Spear, * Short Sword, *Long Bow.
    -Level 6: **** Spear, * Short Sword, *Long Bow.'
    (Then I counted the original specializations more carefully..) More discussion should work this out I think. :)

Oh and "Hawk Eye" is a poke at Bub being a Wolverine Easter Egg turned recruitable character.. You see Wolverine is by lore Canadian and well Canada has some of the best military snipers in the world and well Hockey is quite popular in Canada. So "Hawk Eye" is a 'sly' Easter Egg of an Easter Egg, 'Double Easter Eggception' if you will. For "Hawk Eye" sounds like the word Hockey. Also "Hawk Eye" would be to '[Shoot the] Eye [of] a Hawk' ('Hawk Eyeing') :wink: requires an extraordinary feat of Markmanship; Canada has good snipers. Although what the real inception was is that I made that Easter Egg before I discovered his ***** Bow, ** Spear, and * Short Sword as a Level 6 Fighter in his Original Baldur's Gate .CRE file.

Well I started my Conchobhair Strongblade suggestion at around 7 or 9 PM and now it is ~5:00 AM.. I guess that is what happens when you think "I will make two B.A.M. files on the side to REALLY do the character of Conchobhair Strongblade justice! (Yes I did not stop working on my posts for over 12 Hours. Well I baked a homemade pizza but that was dinner..) I have got to go to bed, *the birds are chirping and it is daylight outside*. I that hope you fair people enjoy Conchobhair Strongblade's Field Plate Armour B.A.M.
    swit
    edited June 2015
    This topic gets another round for each NPC, which may be a little confusing, so I'd like to explain it.

After reading Matthew's reviews I've decided to ask him if he would be interested in sharing exactly how he thinks each NPC should be changed to fit better with vanilla game content. DSotSC and NTotSC (especially BGT releases hosted on SHS) are considered by many players as very unbalanced mods. I'm working on an update for them to make them support EET (not released yet, but here is a readme if anyone is interested) In the past CuChoinneach mentioned that he supports changes made in DSotSC BGT release in order to make it more balanced and compatible with other mods. That's why other than tp2 overhaul which now uses more modern weidu coding and support both BGT and EET during installation, another aim for this release is to improve the overall balance of items, spells, XP rewards and so forth. This also covers NPCs which are currently brutally overpowered compared to vanilla ones. Recent suggestions posted by WithinAmnesia will be implemented in the newest version (unless @CuChoinneach decides that he don't like them). Also if anyone has something to add please share it too.

Just to be sure that everything is clear - I'm referring only to BGT version of the mod, not official BG:EE one that is developed by @CoM_Solaufein. On the other hand maybe if CuChoinneach will support these changes maybe they will end up in official release at some point.

- Portrait Updated: " http://isandir.com/wp-content/uploads/Conch.png "
    I'm aware about newest @Isandir portraits. In fact I'm the K4thos guy who uploaded his portraits on SHS for easier access: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1091-isandirs-portrait-pack/
    In case @CoM_Solaufein would like to update them in BG:EE DSotSC release here is a package with newest ones: https://www.sendspace.com/file/ft1x04

Fantastic icons. Great work.

I get your point my friend, although I only included it because in his original file (please bare with me).. He has a bizarre ***** Bows, ** Spear, * Short Sword as a Level 6 Fighter ('**' over his legal '******'). So I included them as a 'special ability' since someone in Bioware from ~1996-1998 decided to use illegal values for Bub Snikt's (Wolverine Easter Egg) Proficiency Points. I was kind of 'gimped' into being 'forced' to dump ***** in bows at level 2 for legally if recruited at level 2 or 4 Bub cannot retain his 'special ability' because like you said he is a Berserker and they can only legally get a maximum of '* Longbows'.
    Oh, I wasn't aware that he is in vanilla game. More information: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Bub_Snikt
    He is reffered as hunter in orignal dialogue so the change in BG:EE release for Ranger does make sense, imo.

@swit I need technical help with Dialog File sharing / WeiDU.
    if you need to upload something you can pack files for example with 7zip and use https://www.sendspace.com/
    Most items in the current build have been already altered by Vlar (here is comparison), so it's easier for me to implement your suggestions for those NPC items using just short descriptions, as some items may have additional fixes compared to ones in the official BGT or even BG:EE package.
    Post edited by swit on
    WithinAmnesiaJuliusBorisov
    edited June 2015
    @swit hmm I see your point but he is -interpreted- as a hunter by the writer of the Wikipedia page while in the original file he is a Fighter and not a Ranger (hunter) by his original content. Yes he is hunting but that does not mean he is a Ranger per say, although I see that he could be one if 'need be'. I would rather champion and preserve content created by a Bioware developer rather than to change said Bioware created content based on a few lines of dialog. Now that I found an Inn last night and am fully rested with my fatigue debuff is dispelled I agree that a Berserker with ranged mastery seems a bit 'off'. Although I was thinking that he should become a Trueclass Fighter (as he originally was) for in the past I gave him his Fighter Berserker Kit only because I did not know of is mastery with bows; if I had known of this I would not have give him the Class Kit. I want to make Bub Snikt a new Class Kit for Fighters that allows heavy armour but I would need to learn how (I want to do this because there are very few 'Kitted' characters within the original Baldur's Gate and I believe that more Kitted characters would bring more diversity). Although I will most always not force new characters to become a Class Kit 'because we should have more Class Kits', no I do not fully agree with that 'line of thought'. I will most Only give a new recruitable character a Class Kit if it 'fits like a glove' and is not say, a Berserker based on a fighter with an original mastery of: "***** Bows".. That was a bit silly on my part. :wink: It is a small wonder as to what a good er, 'mornings' sleep can do to improve one's 'Wisdom'. :sweat_smile:

Now that I have been fully rested, I feel that Bub Snikt can become an competent recruitable character with his very unique and frankly 'Illegal' "**" bonus weapon specialization, his "*****" mastery with bows and his very useful Special Innate Ability: Draw Upon Holy Might once per day. Also his Wolverine Easter Eggs marvelously bring a beastly 'bite' of flavour for his 'fan favourite' character.

So I have changed my mind thanks to the sharp minded die hard fans of the Baldur's Gate games.
    Here is my 'new' Bub Snikt character suggestion:
    Class / Kit: Trueclass Fighter.
    Ability Scores: (unchanged)
    Items:
    - Chain Mail Armour replaces Studded Leather Armour +1.
    - Long Bow replaces Composite Long Bow +1: Long Bow placed into Weapon Slot 1.
    - Spear added and placed into Weapon Slot 2.
    - Short Sword replaces Bastard Sword +1 : Short Sword placed into Weapon Slot 3.
    Weapon Specializations:
    -Level 2: *** Long Bow, ** Spear, * Short Sword (Original 'Illegal' "**" Weapon Specialization placed into * Long Bow, * Spear or * Short Sword).
    -Level 4: **** Long Bow, ** Spear, * Short Sword.

Extra:
    -Level 2 Bub Snikt: x1 Less Potion of Healing. Studded Leather Armour worn instead of Chain Mail Armour.
    -Level 4 Bub Snikt: x1 Less Potion of Healing. Studded Leather Armour worn instead of Chain Mail Armour.
    -Level 6 Bub Snikt: (full) x2 Potions of Healing. Chain Mail Armour worn.

So friend, what do you think?
    JuliusBorisov

So friend, what do you think?

now it looks fine to me :) Bub was always Fighter in BGT release, so no point in adopting the change introduced in BG:EE one, unless it was a decision made by CuChoinneach. We will see if he shows up and share his thought about it. For now I will update the character the way you suggested. Thanks.
    WithinAmnesia
    edited June 2015
    @swit
    _Notes_
    Rangers:

Kivan
    Race: Elf
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Class: Trueclass Ranger
    Ability Scores:
    Strength: 18/12
    Dexterity: 17
    Constitution: 14
    Intellect: 10
    Wisdom: 14
    Charisma: 8
    [Ability Roll: 81, High]

Minsc
    Race: Human
    Class: Trueclass Ranger
    Ability Scores:
    Strength: 18/93
    Dexterity: 15
    Constitution: 15
    Intellect: 8
    Wisdom: 6
    Charisma: 9
    [Ability Roll: 71, Very Low]
    -Special Innate Ability: Berserker Rage once per day.

Valygar Corthala
    Class: Stalker
    Ability Scores:
    Strength: 15 (-2)
    Wisdom: 13 (-1) ('Illegal' yes.. Although I can see Valygar becoming wiser after his experience along the Sword Coast; also look at Minsc.)
    Charisma: 10
    [Ability Roll: 82, High]
    -Personal Plan: http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41596/evaluating-baldurs-gate-ii-n-p-c-s-for-original-baldurs-gate

Clerics:

Yeslick
    Race: Dwarf
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Class: Fighter / Cleric
    Ability Scores:
    Strength: 15
    Dexterity: 12
    Constitution: 17
    Intellect: 7
    Wisdom: 16
    [Ability Roll: 77, Average]
    -Special Innate Ability: Dispel Magic once per day.

Canderous
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Class: Cleric
    Ability Scores:
    Strength: 16
    Dexterity: 13
    Constitution: 13
    Intellect: 12
    Wisdom: 18
    Charisma: 14
    [Ability Roll: 86, Very High]
    -Special Innate Ability: Lay on Hands once per day.

Branwen
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Ability Scores:
    Dexterity: 14
    Wisdom: 14
    Charisma: 15
    [Ability Roll: 85, Very High]
    -Special Innate Ability: Spiritual Hammer once per day.

Quayle
    Race: Gnome
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Class: Cleric / Illusionist
    Ability Scores:
    Strength: 8
    Dexterity: 16
    Constitution: 11
    Intellect: 11
    Wisdom: 17
    Charisma: 6
    -Special Innate Ability: Invisibility once per day.

Viconia
    Race: Drow
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Ability Scores:
    Strength: 10
    Dexterity: 19
    Constitution: 8
    Intellect: 16
    Wisdom: 15
    -Special Drow Trait: +50% Magic Resistance.

Tiax
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Class: Cleric / Thief
    Ability Scores:
    Strength: 9
    Wisdom: 13
    [Ability Roll: 73, Low]
    -Special Innate Ability: Summon Ghast once per day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ('Enhanced Edition' Character Ability Scores: Reference)
    Character Name: CúChoinneach
    Class / Kit: Trueclass Ranger
    Ability Scores:
    - Dexterity: 19
    - Constitution: 16
    - Intellect: 11
    - Wisdom: 16
    - Charisma: 8
    [Ability Roll: 87, Very High]
    Items:
    - Scimitar +3, Mairial (Weapon Slot 1)
    - Small Shield +4 (Equipped)
    - 'Shadow Armour' +4 (Enchanted Leather Armour)
    - CúChoinneach's Holy Amulet (Equipped)
    - Holy Water x4 (Quick Item Slot 1)
    - Protection from Undead x2 (Quick Item Slot 2)
    - Wolf Summon Gem (Inventory Slot 1)

- Default Ranger: Charm Animal once per day (x3)
    Weapon Specializations:
    -Level 5: ** Long Sword, ** Scimitar / Wakizashi / Ninjatō, ** Two-Weapon Style, * Longbow.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    (Suggested Ability Scores)
    Character Name: CúChoinneach
    Class / Kit: Cleric / Ranger (I think that this is a very unique class and plus it was his older configuration)
    Ability Scores:
    - Strength: 11 (-6) ('Illegal' yes, but well just ask me if you want to know why, it is a bit 'long winded'.)
    - Dexterity: 18 (-1) (More Balance and more 'Old School')
    - Constitution: 15 (-1)
    - Intellect: 11 (+/- 0)
    - Wisdom: 15 (-1)
    - Charisma: 9 (+1) (He is not annoying in-game, although he may not be very sociable nor a good leader; he is not like Quayle)
    [Ability Roll: 79, Above Average]
    Items:
    - [Please Be Patient] Scimitar +3, Mairial (Weapon Slot 1) (I took at look at its 'secret abilities'; *palm face* just let me fix it..)
    - Small Shield +1 (-3 Enchantment, I may change my heart on the entire shield concept though..)
    - [Please Be Patient] 'Shadow Armour' +4 (Enchanted Leather Armour)
    - CúChoinneach's Holy Amulet (Equipped) (Remove The Secret +3 Level One Priest Spell Bonus, +1 Saving Throws remains)
    - Holy Water x3 (-x1) (Quick Item Slot 1)
    - Protection from Undead x1 (Quick Item Slot 2)
    - Wolf Summon Gem (Quick Item Slot 3) (This Item look a bit 'ugly', Something might need to be done about the "50 50" gold letters, also please move it into his third quick item slot and make it unmovable; e.g. Osprey's Candle)
    - None ('Maybe')
    Weapon Specializations:
    -Level 2: ** Scimitar / Wakizashi / Ninjatō, ** Sword And Shield Style, ** Two-Weapon Style (Initial Ranger Bonus)
    -Level 4: ** Scimitar / Wakizashi / Ninjatō, ** Sword And Shield Style, ** Two-Weapon Style, *Flail / Morning Star
    -Level 6: ** Scimitar / Wakizashi / Ninjatō, ** Sword And Shield Style, ** Two-Weapon Style, **Flail / Morning Star

Extra:
    -I know that this is the whole 'eye of the beholder' thing and it is a bit 'outside of my field' (I currently cannot create digital art that good), but I would love Isandir to redo CúChoinneach's Old Portrait:
    I don't really find CúChoinneach's 'new' portrait very er, well I like his old one better, I don't agree with the bottom portrait over his older one (Although I love the extra polish and detail, but.. Well I still I do not like the design very much :confused:. Although I favour the new background lighting, shadows and his newly 'unfiltered sword'. Also I would love the lighting and 'mood' of the starlit nights sky of his second background but I want the mystery and foreboding the 'lurk' of deep haunted woods. The mist haunted forest below of first back drop with a starlit sky above (of the second back ground or better image) to form a super spooky, haunted, 'undead forest', dangerous, scary, horrifying, mysterious, and with the stars and 'moon' themed back drop would really put a golden polish onto the improved character portrait of CúChoinneach.):
    (I suppose that I am going to have to talk to Isandir some time eh?:smile: I took some art classes :smirk:)
    I favour his older body position and sword angle, I think that the 'slanted eyes' are unsuiting to the original portriats (Jaheira) and thus immersion breaking. Also, honestly I am bias against the 'modern' Dungeon and Dragon Elf.
    Good Elf Depiction:

Bad Elf Depiction: (Bad 'Everything' Depiction)

Good Dungeons and Dragons 'Modern Elf':

Well this post took 6 hours of research and 2 and a half hours of writing / editing / revising. I hope that you enjoy it! :)
    switTuthJuliusBorisov
    edited June 2015
    @swit
    Ferthgil Trollslayer:
    Class / Kit: Berserker Fighter Kit
    Strength: 15* (-3) (Killing the stereotype of Dwarven Fighters only being Strong and Tough by with no grace.)
    Dexterity: 17* (+/- 0) (Killing the stereotype of Dwarven Fighters only being Strong and Tough by with no grace.)
    Constitution: 16* (-3) (Killing the stereotype of Dwarven Fighters are always 'Super Tough', not just pretty tough.)
    Intelligence: 13 (+6) (Problem Solving. Stupid people cannot think fast in combat; thus they die. We 'need' more able minded Dwarves.)
    Wisdom: 12 (+/- 0)
    Charisma: 14 (+9) (Leadership)
    [Ability Roll: 87 (+9), Very High] (The Fighters were lacking a 'Stoic', 'Noble' and a 'Gifted Leader Character'; Jaheira is 'just a strip of old bark.')
    Items:
    - [I am Studying First Edition Armour Types, please be patient; good content is not rushed content]
    - Default Berserker's Special Innate Ability: Enrage
    Weapon Specializations:
    -Level 2 Ferthgil: ** Axe, ** Bastard Sword
    -Level 4 Ferthgil: ** Axe, ** Bastard Sword, * Two-Weapon Style
    -Level 6 Ferthgil: ** Axe, ** Bastard Sword, ** Two-Weapon Style
    Weapon Proficiency Reasoning: Dwarves with swords, we 'need' more of them. I do not like the stereotypical idea that 'Dwarves do not use swords'; I think that idea is bunk. I threw away the old Single Weapon Style nonsense that Ferthgil Bloodaxe had before. I replaced it with Two Weapon Style because his 'previous situation' looked (to me any way) like a loss of a really neat idea: a Dwarf with Sword and Axe, his father's Battle Axe.

Extra:
    - *I want a Mold-breaker of a Dwarven Fighter. I am ill and fatigued of finding the same 'cookie cutter' stupid repugnant oaf fisted clumsy Racist Demeaning Dimwitted Stereotypical Depiction of Dwarven Characters Again and Again! I loved the new Dwarves from the Hobbit, and I loved the Dragon Age: Origins Dwarves especially the Dwarves of Nobility; Hell I loved that 'super crossbow rogue' Dwarf in Dragon Age II. I want a thoroughly interesting Dwarf and one that offers a 'fresh breath of fresh air' in a thoroughly beaten-dead-in-a-pile-of-dead-horses and frankly, in a heavily abused caricature field. I want the old boring stereotypical Dwarven Character to be engagingly succeeded by as worthy character to make the most of this opportunity so as to where all can see a 'mind expanding' Dwarf named Ferthgil Trollslayer. A Dwarf who is more graceful than than he is resilient. A Dwarf who is only as strong so as to meet the requirements of his people's traditional heavy armours. A Dwarf with a sturdy brain, common sense and a spirit to lead and to be followed. I do not want another Drunken skull dragger who swings a stout weapon to solve its problems and cusses and berates so much as to look like when it was birthed its head got permanently pinched when it crawled out from the arse of its dead donkey of a mother. Hell maybe Ferthgil Trollslayer does not drink alcohol? I would change his sex (because there are no female Dwarves) but I think that introducing a completely new female Dwarf would be a much better and creatively stimulating idea. Also 16 is now the average of his Prime Ability Scores; as akin to that of Khalid, Minsc, Montaron and Kagain.
    switTuthGrammarsaladJuliusBorisov
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for another recommendation. @CuChoinneach mentioned that he is interested only in balancing aspect. With +6 to Intelligence and +9 to Charisma Ferthgil Trollslayer would basically become entirely different character, which would mean that dialogues, quests, maybe even voice acting, would have to be written from scratch (not sure if he has any additional content yet, but Cu said that banters are planned, so I don't think that changing character personality is a good idea without author's approvement). Of course your post is still valuable recommendation for original authours, just not something that I can implement in BGT release until author shows up to comment on it. In fact I agree with your suggestion.
    WithinAmnesia
    Thank You @swit, although my friend I am to go to sleep after I post this (~5 AM). I plan to get back to you later in the day after I have rested my friend. So until then please have a good day / morning / night / evening / noon. :)
    edited June 2015
    I want to do the next review but I am kind of burnt out from writing these reviews. Since June 6th I must have put at least 75+ hours into this. I have been working pretty much straight for two weeks with a surprising amount of days where 10+ hours disappeared with Advanced Dungeons and Dragons research, character prototyping and writing these reviews and suggestions.. @swit I have ruined my sleep schedule with my efforts here, I was working all middle and late evening, all night and into the middle morning so that I fell sleep after most people have breakfast and I now wake at lunch time. I just 'need' a break for a while.. I measure 6 times and cut once. I am on a constructive side adventure with the first edition source books and I am also working on another game. I may have time off but I am 'never' bored. I feel kind of like a Ukrainian Doll, most of my 'hand forged craftsmanship' is most always hidden yet without it my magic is lost. Did you know that ~95% of my typing is done via one hand and also with one finger, and for every word I type on a review there is at least ten I have read; and that is a low estimate? I am very much mentally tired my kindly friend.
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    I really enjoy your effort @WithinAmnesia to balance these NPCs to fit into the game, excellent work so far. One thing I wanted to point out is that Ferthgil has exact ability scores for strength, constitution and dexterity as Khalid. I don't know, if that was intentional, but I would move one point between them, just so that he'd have more unique stats. Keep up the awesome work.
    WithinAmnesiaJuliusBorisov
    edited June 2015
    My dear, dear, precious and very rare fellow Baldur's Gate enthusiast, my kind friend @Tuth.
    I smile warmly at your comment but you may need to 'measure once more before you cut' my 'internet friend'.

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Khalid
    http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php/Baldur's_Gate:_NPC_Rundown
    http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/npcs.html
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/good.htm
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/75251-baldurs-gate/faqs/2459
    http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/strategies/npcguide3.php

Khalid
    Race: Half-Elf
    Class: Fighter
    Ability Scores:
    Intelligence: 12
    Wisdom: 10
    -Special Innate Ability: N/A

Ferthgil Trollslayer:
    Class / Kit: Berserker Fighter Kit
    Intelligence: 13
    Wisdom: 12
    - Special Innate Ability: Berserker's Default "Enrage"

Ferthgil Trollslayer

Khalid
    TuthJuliusBorisov
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    Well, my memory failed me. So, everything's fine and well! :smile:
    WithinAmnesia
    edited June 2015
    @Tuth, we all make errors, but if you willfully repeat them they are mistakes.. Hmmn I will tell you what, I was embarrassed one time when (hmmn well now that I think of it I would seem like quite the odd fellow back them with my current perspective and attitudes.. Well anyway on with the funny story) I was younger and in elementary school I was having no guff with tweens older than I being assholes so I was 'getting the knuckles a tad bit sore' on some older kids face bones and then it turned into 'who wants to have the most grass stains competition' and, well I was so focused on erm, being violent (I suppose?) that the whole time that I was having 'a bit of a rough and tumble' I did not realize that I was being laughed at by the crowd of on lookers and the older kid wanted to stop fighting but I am a person of focus so with a hammer fist 'down went the buckled knees'! Anyway after the scrap and after we made our peace I realized that my dick was hanging out the whole time I was wrestling! Ah the times.. I kicked some ass though, but I am a very reserved person so I was quite embarrassed through out the week, well more like em-bare-junked! *puns*:-P.
    Tuth
    edited June 2015
    @swit
    v Top Row: Conchobhair Strongblade's Masterwork Field Plate ("PLATCS01")
    ^ Bottom Row: Conchobhair Strongblade's Field Plate +1 ("PLATCS02")

Missing Item Descriptions(s):

Masterwork Field Plate Armour

Conchobhair Strongblade commissioned this exquisite suit of masterwork field plate armour to keep himself alive if by an unfortunate bout of combat he himself were to be struck by the devastating claw or deadly tail of an angered draconic combatant. The plackart, cuirass, and the articulated plates guarding the more vulnerable areas for offense to the body on this suit of immaculate armour are made of the finest metallurgy and craftsmanship in most all of Faerûn. The mail of the gusset under the more exposed of the plated joints and that of the hose are of the finest forging and the most tight and intricate of current armourcraft. The precision and detail that the master armoursmiths undertook creating and thus imbued upon this beautiful shining suit of masterwork field plate armour is a technical marvel in itself to behold; let alone to consider the stalwart yet surprisingly nimble range of protection endowed to its wearer without the direct use of magical enchantments. The suit is of the finest fitting and tailoring of physique to that of its commissioner and -hopefully its only owner- that near only the likes of Conchobhair Strongblade can don the masterwork of plates and mail. This suit of perhaps one of the finest field plate armours forged on the sword coast in the last half decade is so precisely designed to allow Conchobhair Strongblade the highest range of motion while maintaining an extensive bulwark of protection that the exactness of the armour fitting is so great that it offers little to no mobility to most all other humanoid users; except that of almost certainly and exclusively Conchobhair Strongblade. To most everyone else the gleaming suit of masterwork field plate armour is best to be used as an item of trade or decoration, although to be of use to anyone else it would almost certainly have to be removed from the dead and bloodied corpse of its stoic commissioner, the Cavalier who hunts dragons know as Conchobhair Strongblade.

STATISTICS:

Armour Class: 2
    (-4 vs. Slashing, -2 vs. Piercing and -2 vs. Missile)
    Requires:
    13 Strength

Weight: 27 lbs.

Not Usable By:
    All except Conchobhair Strongblade

[Conchobhair Strongblade's] Field Plate Armour +1

-Unfinished

Content Testing: 'New and Improved' (Compatible and Tested) Armour (7-Zip) File(s) Attached:
    switTuth
    500th post :smiley: I plan to recolour the colour palette of [Conchobhair Strongblade's] Field Plate +1 (gold belt with *slightly* lighter leather, and *Maybe, Just Maybe* perhaps a different lighter metal colour from the default (planned) [default] Field Plate Armour (It will have another planed unique B.A.M. file)) and reintroduce the glow of Conchobhair Strongblade's Blessed Plate Mail Armour into / for [Conchobhair Strongblade's] Field Plate +1 (because it looks cool and also because the considerate @swit gave me the idea :-P)
    edited June 2015
    just to be sure that we are in clear. Your armor description suggestion and your planned additional quest to give Conchobhair another version of this armor with better bonuses is outside the scope of the update that I'm working on (although writing an additional mod may be a good idea - this way author will be able to add this content easily if he like it). He still didn't reply to my message, so I'm limited to what CuChoinneach written in the past here (no permission for modders to alter core mod content, just balancing changes to fit it better with vanilla game and mods) and in this post (new content for NPCs is already written, just not implement yet). Changing things like description of the item that alters the lore behind the item and NPC, adding new quests, introducing new item types etc. risks to end up being against the vision of the author and definitely goes beyond balancing, so unfortunately won't be implemented by me without author's approval.
    Post edited by swit on
    WithinAmnesia
    edited June 2015
    swit said:

just to be sure that we are in clear. Your armor description suggestion and your planned additional quest to give Conchobhair another version of this armor with better bonuses is outside the scope of the update that I'm working on (although writing an additional mod may be a good idea - this way author will be able to add this content easily if he like it). I'm limited to what CuChoinneach written here (no permission to alter core mod content, just balancing changes to fit it better with vanilla game) and in this post (new content for NPCs is already written, just not implement yet). Changing things like description of the item that alters the lore behind the item and NPC, adding new quests, introducing new item types etc. risks to end up being against the vision of the author and definitely goes beyond balancing, so unfortunately won't be implement by me without author's approval.

"Oh no demotivation taken my friend; I did not realize the limitation of the project (I am rather er, 'passionate' about Baldur's Gate :-P). If all that we can work with now is statistics then okay, I will work on the numbers and values. So okay, now I will work just on balance I suppose with 'Preference A' (new armour types, Ferthgil Trollslayer's new dialog and other 'tricky things') to be done at a later date. I will focus on 'Preference B' (the easy changes, Ability Scores, rebalancing preexisting items etc.) for the time being. Say, now I can work quicker I suppose, how about :). How does this sound P---r my friend?" -private message reply to @swit

There, now we are 'on the same page' and most things will be a bit more compatible with the old Mk. 1 common sense after this post :-P.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Does EE version of this mod has polish translation? The old one (2.17) had it as far as i know.
    edited October 2015

This is myself Talking about Item BAM Morphing and also about my Unique Item BAMs.

@swit Hey Look I Make Videos Now!
    JuliusBorisov
    The time has come to complete our unfinished lore.

Long it has been awaited, for roughly half a year past.

Ignite the midnight fires! To this eve we complete our cast!

Now herein is the episode in which new spirits are born within the creative core!

Into the breach once more, fail me not love and passion of Baldur's Gate I implore!
    ^Well I guess procrastination struct yet once more again!
    edited April 2016
    Placeholder: Morik Quantoul
    edited April 2016
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ROUND ELEVEN: SKEEZER LUMPKIN THE VI
    Skeezer Lumpkin the VI:
    Class: Illusionist / Thief
    Constitution: 13
    Intellect: 19+2*
    Wisdom: 15
    [Ability Roll: 89+2, Very High-Tremendous]
    Special: *Skeezer Lumpkin's "Dwarven" Helmet (The original version that is just Kiel's Helm with an interesting backstory and +2 Intelligence slapped onto it), Skeezer Lumpkin's Mage Robe and Skeezer Lumpkin's Staff on Unpredictability.

Personal Starting Equipement:
    -Skeezer Lumpkin's "Dwarven" War Helmet
    Skeezer was given this helmet by his good friend, Gothmog Stonehearth, a dwarven skald of the Stonehearth clan. Skeezer and Gothmog became good friends after the gnome saved Gothmog's life. Gothmog was ambushed by a patrol of duergar, who made their way to the surface one moonless night to seek out prey. Skeezer, camping nearby, witnessed the attack and thrust his staff into the ground, causing the sky to become as bright as any midday and sending the duergar running. From that day on, Gothmog and Skeezer became close friends. Gothmog even became interested in his gnomish friend's magical abilities, and in secret tried out a few small spells when making the helm, knowing of course that his clan would frown upon such activities.

Though Skeezer claims the helm is blessed with all the powers of Clangeddin himself, the prominent horns jutting from its sides impress you far more, particularly when one nearly pierces your arm. Thankfully, he seems to don it only when anticipating battle.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
    Intelligence: +2
    Protects against critical hits
    Protects against all forms of panic and boosts morale

Weight: 2

-Skeezer Lumpkin's Mage Robe
    Colorful, bright and...colorful...Skeezer's robe could aptly be described as a riot of red, particularly when adorned with the many trinkets he holds in high regard. The gnome claims that he invented a new kind of fabric when creating it, one that protects from the withering breath of dragons, the insidious tentacles of mind flayers and the magical blasts of beholders. From what you can tell, the robe would have a difficult time stopping the dagger of a lame kobold. Nonetheless, given Skeezer's skill as a mage, you have no doubt that it carries at least some magical protection.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
    Magic Resistance: +5%
    Saving Throws: +1

Armor Class: 5

Weight: 6

-Skeezer's Staff of Unpredicability
    Skeezer created this staff to aid him in his travels. While in the process of creating it, he became distracted and lost track of the enchantments that he had placed on the staff. The result is a weapon that produces an entirely random effect on anything that Skeezer uses it on.

STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:
    Unknown

THAC0: +2
    Damage: 1d6+3 (crushing)
    Speed Factor: 3
    Proficiency Type: Blunt Weapons
    Type: 2-handed
    Requires:
    5 Strength

Weight: 4

-Ring of Wizardry: Evermemory
    -Potion of Perception x2

Character Ability Balance: The 2013 version of Skeezer Lumpkin the VI looks to me to be a bit on the overpowered side. Skeezer isolates and or obsoletes original Bioware Non-Player Characters such as Dynaheir, Imoen, Safana, Skie, and even Xan with being (arguably) better than them in their respective class(s) while being superior to all of them in BOTH regards as a mage with ~19 Intellect and as a Thief with 18 Dexterity.

Now since I took a break from these Non-Player Character reviews for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition's The 2013 Dark Side of the Sword Coast community expansion @swit had to 'fill in the gaps' and he did his own work on Morik Quantoul, Skeezer Lumpkin the VI and Thorfinn Hauskluniff for the updated version of the Dark Side of the Sword Coast (2015) and now I will respect his work by reviewing his 2015 version here also.

Skeezer Lumpkin the VI:
    Constitution: 12
    Intellect: 19
    Wisdom: 11
    -Special: Mostly nerfed versions of the above Personal starting equipment and no more Ring of Wizardry :D!

Personal Starting Equipment:
    -Skeezer Lumpkin's "Dwarven" War Helmet (Different Item B.A.M. and removed Intelligence Bonus)
    -Skeezer Lumpkin's Staff of Unpredictability +2 (Removed A.C. bonus and +3 damage bonus turns into +2 damage bonus)
    -Potion of Perception x1
    Character Ability Balance: The 2015 version of Skeezer Lumpkin the VI is more well balanced in my opinion and more compelling as an overall character, although I don't like how his unique helmet's Intellect bonus got nerfed out of existence.

My recommended version of Skeezer Lumpkin the VI (2016):

Skeezer Lumpkin the VI:
    Strength: 14 (Original Strength, it needs no change - for it was already balanced)
    Dexterity: 16 (I agree with @swit - Imoen and (more so) Safana are still viable and it is his lowest 'legal' class Dexterity)
    Constitution: 13 (Original Constitution, it needs no change - for it was already balanced)
    Intellect: 18+1* (I feel that 19+1 is too high with his reforged +1 Intellect Helm, although a composite score of 18+1 is fine)
    Wisdom: 11 (I agree with @swit - it suits Skeezer's background, with the whole egg thrower invention and all)
    Charisma: 10 (I imagine a kooky old man whom begets an air of eccentricity about himself of sensical tastes seldom acquired)
    [Ability Roll: 82 +1, High]
    -Special: *Skeezer's Dwarven War Helmet, Skeezer's Mage Robe and Skeezer's Staff of Unpredictability +1

Personal Starting Equipement:
    -Skeezer's Dwarven War Helmet
    Skeezer Lumpkin the VI was given this helmet by his good friend, Gothmog Stonehearth, a Dwarven skald of the Stonehearth clan. Skeezer and Gothmog became good friends after the gnome saved Gothmog's life. Gothmog was ambushed by a patrol of Duergar, who made their way to the surface one moonless night to seek out prey. Skeezer, camping nearby, witnessed the attack and thrust his staff into the ground, causing the sky to become as bright as any midday and thus sending the Duergar running. From that day then onwards, Gothmog Stonehearth and Skeezer Lumpkin the VI became close friends. Gothmog even became interested in his Gnomish friend's magical abilities and in secret tried out a few small spells when making the helm; knowing of course that his clan would frown upon such activities.

Skeezer claims that the helm is blessed with all the powers of Clangeddin himself, the prominent horns jutting from its sides impress you far more; particularly when one nearly pierces your arm. Thankfully, Skeezer seems to don it only when anticipating battle.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
    - Intelligence: +1 bonus
    - Protects against critical hits

Weight: 2
    Not Usable By:
    All except Skeezer Lumpkin the VI

This vibrant mage robe is markedly flamboyant in its colouration to all of what could be described as a prismatic sense of color palette tastes on behalf of Skeezer Lumpkin the VI's own personal attire design direction. This peculiarly enchanted mage robe could aptly be described as a riot of red, particularly when adorned with the many trinkets that Skeezer holds in high regard. The traditional Gnomish ingenuity of Skeezer runs strong within the fibers of this exquisite robe, Skeezer claims that he invented a new kind of fabric when creating it. The new fabric in particular is described by Skeezer to be of one that is able to protect the wearer from the withering breath of Dragons, the insidious tentacles of Mind Flayers and also the magical blasts of Beholders. From what you can tell, the robe would have a difficult time stopping the dagger of a lame Kobold let alone thwarting what claims of grandeur that openly cascade from Skeezer's imagination when he is inquired of the enchanted fabrics' protective properties. Nonetheless, given Skeezer's ingenious skill as a mage, you have no doubt that it carries at least some level magical protection.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:
    Magic Resistance: +10%
    Saving Throws: +2 bonus

Armor Class: 7 (8 vs. piercing and missile, 6 vs. slashing)

Weight: 6
    Not Usable By:
    All except Skeezer Lumpkin the VI

-Staff of Unpredictability +1
    Skeezer Lumpkin the VI proudly credits himself with the creation of this wonderfully enchanted quarterstaff and has had it brought about into the world of Toril to aid him in his travels. Specifically Skeezer boasts that he has created this diverse and multifaceted weapon and that it is able to protect himself from all every manner of possible threat Skeezer Lumpkin the VI could possibly imagine on his adventures. Skeezer was told all sorts of fantastical stories when he was but a young gnome child, although it was the fearsome tales of monsters and "ghoulies" that lurk about in the dark that could suck the brain right out of a person's head that he feared the most. Whether or not these 'fairy tales' hold true in the world at large is highly suspect although nevertheless Skeezer was convinced enough that his head was not going to be sucked out of his skull by "ghoulies" that lurked in the shadows. This quarterstaff has been heavily enchanted by Skeezer Lumpkin the VI although much of the enchantments have failed and or have subsequently counteracted one another to the point where what remains is a messy hodgepodge of magically energies morphed into one unstable apparatus that Skeezer dubs as his Staff of Unpredictability. When questioned further about the specific enchantments placed upon the magical staff, Skeezer admits that while in the process of creating his magical staff that he became distracted several times and lost track of the enchantments that he had placed on the quarterstaff. Although Skeezer claims that this lead to his ultimate success with the weapon for he eventually got so frustrated at failing to achieve the correct enchantment balance orders to place upon this staff that he become completely irate and spent a whole week throwing his whole magical repertoire at the item and almost burning down his home in the process. Apparently Skeezer also had this staff further blessed by a traveling priest after a rather embarrassing outing for himself while he was at a rather large Gnome turnip harvest festival peddling his inventions to the local farmers. Skeezer blushes as he recounts that he 'drank just a wee too much that night' and then went on to danced naked about a banquet table screaming that the "ghoulies" were out to get them all in the shadows. Either way that one one looks at the stories and the background surrounding and engulfing this rather odd yet surprisingly potent and more so unpredictable staff, the result is that this is a weapon that reliably produces an entirely random effect on anything that Skeezer turns on with this staff. Skeezer Lumpkin the VI openly proclaims with much glee that this favourite quarterstaff of his has an even great quality in that it is teacher to him and has taught him to expect the unexpected.

STATISTICS:

Combat Abilities:
    - 42% chance to cause an unknown effect on target

Special Abilities:
    - Cast False Dawn with three charges

THAC0: +1
    Damage: 1d6+1 (crushing)
    Speed Factor: 4
    Proficiency Type: Blunt Weapons
    Type: 2-handed
    Requires:
    5 Strength

Weight: 4
    Not Usable By:
    All except those of Chaotic Alignment
    (Note "unknown effect" for Staff of Unpredictability +1 are as follows: 10% Berserk with 60 duration, 2% Blindness with 15 duration, 15% Change Gender with permanent duration, 2% Confusion with 15 duration, 2% Deafness with 30 duration, 5% Panic with 10 duration, 5% Slow with 45 duration and 1% Sleep with 25 duration, 42% for it is 'the meaning of life' - I found it suiting for a weapon who's success is base purely on gods of R.N.G.)
    https://www.random.org 1-100
    Staff of Unpredictability +1 Effect Roll:
    01-58: No other effect except base damage roll of 1d6+1
    59-73: 15% Change Gender with permanent duration,
    74-83: 10% Berserk with 60 duration,
    84-88: 5% Panic with 10 duration,
    89-93: 5% Slow with 45 duration
    94-95: 2% Deafness with 30 duration,
    96-97: 2% Blindness with 15 duration,
    98-99: 2% Confusion with 15 duration,
    x100x: 1% Sleep with 25 duration.
    -Matthew Gordon Roulston 12:10 AM 15/04/2016

-Potion of Perception x2

Non-Player Character Analog: Imoen, Mordaine and Safana (Unlisted: Evil Mage / Thief characters).
    There seems to be no direct Mage / Thief analog compared to Skeezer Lumpkin the VI (even with so many thieves in the Original Baldur's Gate) so in this department he has a fairly sizable plus. Although with good conscience I want to include Imoen, Mordaine and Safana*
    *With a Tome of Intellect Consumed. *Three hours later*, Right! Scratch that I just added every Companion that can either cast Wizard Spells (and) or has some Thieving ability (e.g. they can steal sh*t):

Comparison Legend - Ability: XX (2013 Skeezer), (2015 Skeezer), (2016 Skeezer)

Good Alignment Characters:
    Alora:
    Strength: 8 (-6), (-6), (-6)
    Dexterity: 19 (+1), (+3), (+3)
    Constitution: 12 (-1), (+/-0), (-1)
    Intellect: 14 (-5-2), (-5), (-4-1)
    Wisdom: 7 (-8), (-4), (-4)
    Charisma: 10 (+/-0), (+/-0), (+/-0)
    [Ability Roll: 70, Very Low]
    -Special: Rabbit's Foot (+2 Armour Class, +2 Saving Throws, Find Traps +10%, Pick Pockets +10%, Move Silently +10%, Hide in Shadows +10%, Detect Illusions +10%, Set Traps +10% and Luck +2)
    ---------------------------

Coran:
    Strength: 14 (+/-0), (+/-0), (+/-0)
    Dexterity: 20 (+2), (+4), (+4)
    Intellect: 14 (-5-2), (-5), (-4-1)
    Wisdom: 9 (-6), (-2), (-2)
    Charisma: 16 (+6), (+6), (+6)
    -Special:

Dynaheir:
    Strength: 11 (-3), (-3), (-3)
    Dexterity: 13 (-5), (-3), (-3)
    Constitution: 16 (+3), (+4), (+3)
    Intellect: 17 (-2-2), (-2), (-1-1)
    Wisdom: 15 (+/-0), (+4), (+4)
    Charisma: 12 (+2), (+2), (+2)
    [Ability Roll: 84, High]
    -Special: Slow Poison x1 (Special Innate Ability)

Imoen:
    Strength: 9 (-5), (-5), (-5)
    Dexterity: 18 (+/-0), (+2), (+2)
    Wisdom: 11 (-4), (+/-0), (+/-0)
    Charisma: 16 (-6), (-6), (-6)
    -Special:

Mordaine:
    Dexterity: 17 (-1), (+1), (+1)
    Intellect: 18 (-1-2), (-1), (+/-0-1)
    Wisdom: 15 (+/-0), (-4), (-4)
    Charisma: 12 (+2), (+2), (+2)
    [Ability Roll: 89, Very High]
    -Special: Slow Poison x1 (Special Innate Ability)

Osprey:
    Strength: 16 (+2), (+2), (+2)
    Dexterity: 9 (-9), (-7), (-7)
    Constitution: 13 (+/-0), (-1), (+/-0)
    Intellect: 15 (-4-2), (-4), (-3-1)
    Wisdom: 10 (-5), (-1), (-1)
    Charisma: 6 (-1), (-1), (-1)
    [Ability Roll: 72, Very Low]
    -Special: Invisibility x1 (Special Innate Ability)

Neutral Non-Player Characters:
    Deder
    Dexterity: 18 (+/-0), (-2), (-2)
    Constitution: 16 (+3), (+2), (+3)
    Intellect: 12 (-7-2), (-7), (-6-1)
    Wisdom: 13 (-2), (+2), (+2)
    Charisma: 9 (-1), (-1), (-1)
    -Special: Illegal Thieving Skill Bonuses

Garrick:
    Strength: 14 (+/-0), (+/-0), (+/-0)
    Dexterity: 16 (-2), (+/-0), (+/-0)
    Constitution: 9 (-4), (-3), (-4)
    Intellect: 13 (-6-2), (-6), (-5-1)
    Wisdom: 14 (-1), (+3), (+3)
    Charisma: 15 (+5), (+5), (+5)
    [Ability Roll: 81, High]
    -Special: None

Safana:
    Strength: 13 (-1), (-1), (-1)
    Dexterity: 17 (-1), (+1), (+1)
    Intellect: 16 (-3-2), (-3), (-2-1)
    Wisdom: 9 (-6), (-2), (-2)
    Charisma: 17 (-7), (-7), (-7)
    [Ability Roll: 84, High]
    -Special: Charm Person x1 (Special Innate Ability)

Skie Silvershield:
    Dexterity: 18 (+/-0), (+2), (+2)
    Constitution: 15 (+2), (+3), (+2)
    Intellect: 15 (-4-2), (-4), (-3-1)
    Wisdom: 8 (-7), (-3), (-3)
    Charisma: 13 (+3), (+3), (+3)
    [Ability Roll: 80, High]
    -Special: None

Xan:
    Strength: 13 (-1), (-1), (-1)
    Dexterity: 16 (-2), (+2), (+2)
    Constitution: 7 (-6), (-5), (-6)
    Wisdom: 14 (-1), (+3), (+3)
    Charisma: 16 (+6), (+6), (+6)
    [Ability Roll: 83, High]
    Special:

Quality Verdict: Half-Pass. I do not find the 2013 version of Skeezer Lumpkin the VI to be very compelling and I would rather a more rich, well balanced and deeper version that enhances the sphere of Baldur's Gate companions - not making it irrelevant. I say all of this for as I believe that the 2013 version of Skeezer Lumpkin the VI is a crying shame of an over powered Non-Player Character with a great character concept - it is truly deserving of one of these ":-(". As concerned within my own eyes the 2013 version of Skeezer Lumpkin the VI literally out classes way too many Bioware Non-Player Characters and leaves very few original Non-Player Characters with a niche to relatively play competitively within. As for the 2015 version of Skeezer Lumpkin the VI I think that it is a much better version of Skeezer Lumpkin the VI in terms of balance but I feel as though it removes some of the depth in the character's background and novelty (e.g. with the complete removal of his Dwarven helmet's Intellect bonus D: ) although I do believe that it was a solid step towards a more enjoyable Skeezer Lumpkin the VI. Although as I have said above that I would recommend that Skeezer Lumpkin the VI have another improved version that further polishes his Non-Player Character's statistical attributes and lore building background items. Perhaps in the future - with so much writing / typing that I keep finding myself producing that I should write a book hey O.o? Although with that near tome of an article ascribed above I must admit and say that I thoroughly find that the intellectual 'head space' that Skeezer Lumpkin the VI occupies (see what I did there :wink:) within the Baldur's Gate community's home grown content to be most incredulous.
    Placeholder: Thorfinn Hauskluniff