Skip to content

BG1NPC Bug Report and Discussion Thread

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    swit said:

During Dynheir rescue quest if you have both Minsc and Edwin in party and you choose dialogue option:
    "Enough bickering. I can use both your talents. Leave your private battles for another time."
    responses that follows this statement won't remove vanilla quest journals (27274, 27275 for sure, but I didn't promise anything to Edwin, so not sure if his Journals would stay too). Also XP for this quest is not given (2x800 XP if both Minsc and Dyna are there).

Actually, the 2x800 XP is only given if you have Edwin there AND you choose Dynaheir over Edwin. If you choose Edwin or tell him to kill each other, you get nothing. Also, if you rescue Dynaheir without Edwin there (e.g., with Minsc), you get 800 XP.

Under Tutu, you would get 800 XP from the option to keep both Dynaheir and Edwin. So, that's probably what I'd put in. I'll take a look at it.
    edited March 2015
    toolarg said:

A weird thing happened, after I leveled up ajantis the sword&shield bonus granted by his shield became innate to him, I could unequip the shield and he would keep the stars.

Do you have any other mods installed? Also, is it permanent, or does the proficiency go away after loading a save game?
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited March 2015

swit said:

items added by BG1NPC Project have "Not Usable By / Only Usable By / Usable By" portion of the description. It should be removed when the mod is installed on BG:EE. Probably the best way to do so is creating a new tra file for each language with just item descriptions and overwrite original ones via LOAD_TRA when GAME_IS ~bgee~.

Probably same is true for BG1UB unless you already fixed it there.

I'll take a look at that when I have some time, but as it seems a mostly cosmetic issue, it'll be low on my priority list.
    To be honest, in my opinion, it's a major issue. Not sure if this is the goal of BG1NPC Project and BG1UB, but I think they blend with the game almost seamlessly (especially if someone didn’t play with vanilla BG1 to know that it has next to nothing when it comes to NPC bantares, compared to BG2). And when you see error in description like this it screams *modded content* which breaks the illusion (same for not vanilla friendly icons, overpowered items compared to what is available at that portion of the game, huge difficulity spikes - based on inflated statistics instead of AI etc.). Just an opinion – It is not my intension to make a pressure on you. I’m glad that you are interested in fixing this at some point. Of course bug fixing is even more important.
    Post edited by swit on
    Cahir
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179

Do you have any other mods installed? Also, is it permanent, or does the proficiency go away after loading a save game?

Yeah I do have mods, and no, it didnt go away after reloading :( , heres my weidu.log
  • RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83
    Hello to you all!

Got a question regarding the BG1NPC-Project or more specific Xzar and Montoran's added Banter.

Whom do they banter the most with? What would be a good party to have with these two madmen from a Banter point of view?

/Cheers Rangeltoft
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    They're quite self-sufficient.

PS: Montaron... I never loved you!

Certainly. The file is attached for you. Thanks again.

Well, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. When I load up your save, it starts to rain and I get the expected next dialog after the Centeol encounter.

Xan comments on how the rain tastes like tears.

If you load the save, does it start to rain before Xan talks to you?

Also, what other mods do you have installed?

The way that the PIDs (and romance PIDs) work is that they trigger "by default". When a character talks to you, the game goes through all the possible dialogs, looking for a matching trigger condition. The PIDs are at the end of the dialogs and have simple triggers (such as "IsGabber(Player1)" to make sure the NPC is talking to CHARNAME).

Basically, what appears to be happening here is Xan is trying to initiate a dialog, but a condition for that dialog is not being met, so he defaults to a PID. So, it could be another mod's dialog that is trying to fire, but not being able to do so.
    edited March 2015
    toolarg said:

A weird thing happened, after I leveled up ajantis the sword&shield bonus granted by his shield became innate to him, I could unequip the shield and he would keep the stars.

I tested and can't reproduce the problem. After level-up, removing Ajantis' shield also removes the proficiencies.

EDIT: Are you running a mod that extends the # of pip-levels for weapons styles like Sword & Shield? I was able to reproduce this in the following way:

1. Extend S&S style to 3 pips by editing STYLBONU.2DA
    2. Level up Ajantis with the shield equipped. (Note that the proficiency selection shows S&S style with 2 pips)
    3. Choose a 3rd pip of S&S style.
    4. Unequip the shield.
    5. Ajantis now has three pips of S&S style.
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179

EDIT: Are you running a mod that extends the # of pip-levels for weapons styles like Sword & Shield? I was able to reproduce this in the following way:

1. Extend S&S style to 3 pips by editing STYLBONU.2DA
    2. Level up Ajantis with the shield equipped. (Note that the proficiency selection shows S&S style with 2 pips)
    3. Choose a 3rd pip of S&S style.
    4. Unequip the shield.
    5. Ajantis now has three pips of S&S style.

Ah, that must be it, I did edit STYLBONU.2DA to make it so that a second point in single-weapon style increases the critical range by 2. I dont really want to toss that edit so I just edited the shield and made it undroppable. I guess messing with STYLBONU.2DA is a no no for this mod :tongue:
  • ashyblackblizzardsashyblackblizzards Member Posts: 11
    Do I have to start a new game after installing this?

Do I have to start a new game after installing this?

That would be highly recommended.
    swit said:

- x#kaband.cre has 2 bandit skalps (MISC86). One in gloves slot,
    - bandit group that is with above mentioned cre (spawned in AR2800) are passive until x#kaband.cre starts her dialogue. You can kill other bandits without hiding, one by one as long as x#kaband.cre stay in fog of war. They will look at their companions get killed and still stay blue. I suggest adding AI script that will alarm all of them when they are attacked and turn them hostile.

They had an AI script (BANDIT.BCS), they were just listening for a call for help from the wrong CRE :smile:. I'll give them a new script that listens for calls for help from X#BANDK or X#KABAND. X#KABAND will also go hostile if you attack her bandit followers.

I'll also remove X#KABAND's extra scalp.

Zeswyss
  • aldolaldol Member Posts: 17
    really good mod recommend for all
    HudzyjackjackAstroBryGuyJuliusBorisov
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    Yeah this mod is amazing! Definitely my favourite and a must have for BGEE. Makes it so much more fun with the extra banter/personality it adds. Hope BG2EE gets something similar too.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Have either of you tried the BG2 Banter Pack? I actually haven't, but I intend to when I get around to BG2 next.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Hudzy
    It is a good mod. If you like dialogues and interjections with your party members, you should also try NPC IEP mods: http://www.shsforums.net/forum/353-npc-iep/
    JuliusBorisov
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    @Aedan I'll add that to the list of mods I'll use next, thanks.

Both will have a tough time beating BG1 NPC Project I think, but if it's even close I'll be happy.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Yes, BG1 NPC Projec rulez, buth those mods are a nice addition :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    Yeah I have tried both of those mods in BG2EE, they are also awesome. The people that make these mods are so great, totally improves the game experience! :D
    AedanJuliusBorisov
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Great work @AstroBryGuy !

One question: If I were to install the romances for both Branwen and Dynaheir, would romances play out for both characters simultaneously, or only with the first character that I accept into my party?

You cannot romance both Dynaheir and Branwen at the same time. You can start the romances with both, but when one of the romances reaches a certain point, it stops the other from continuing.
    JuliusBorisov
    X#CH12.ARE and X#CH14.ARE points to "58" Battle song. This is "BRD" song from BG2 that doesn't exist in BG:EE.
    jackjackAstroBryGuy
    swit said:

X#CH12.ARE and X#CH14.ARE points to "58" Battle song. This is "BRD" song from BG2 that doesn't exist in BG:EE.

Thanks. Any suggestions on which available BGEE battle song to replace it with?
    from what I see BRD is usually used as a "boss" song. Mostly for dragons. If it has similar purpose here than why not just add this song to the package? It's just a few additional MB. You can assign it on the fly to the ARE file with the variable returned by ADD_MUSIC. No need to even change MUS and ACM file names. Other than this BC2 sounds quite epic :P Or maybe BF1.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    I'm trying to install the NPC project and am getting an error message

I've downloaded the latest version of both the mac installer and the NPC project. i have no other mods installed. Any ideas of what I can do to fix this?

I'm trying to install the NPC project and am getting an error message

I've downloaded the latest version of both the mac installer and the NPC project. i have no other mods installed. Any ideas of what I can do to fix this?

It looks like your user accoune doesn't have write permission to BGEE app folder. Did you install BGEE from the Mac App Store?

Try this to fix the permissions.

Select the Resources folder and then choose File > Get Info.
    Under the Sharing & Permissions pane, click the lock icon and enter an administrator’s name and password.
    Change the privilege for "Everyone" to "Read & Write".
    Then, choose "Apply to enclosed items" from the Action pop-up menu (looks like a gear).
    JuliusBorisov
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    thank you i did change the privileges for everyone to read and write but i didn't hit the gear. thanks!
    JuliusBorisov
  • DuchessOfKvetchDuchessOfKvetch Member Posts: 25
    I've searched high and low for information, and am overwhelmed with possibilities of opcodes and weird IESDP stat tables. Soooo... on those spreadsheets linked off the readme for this mod, what the heck is the "STATE" column a reference to?

And where is there a list of what they mean? (and if they are hex/dec/oct?)