Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Done and done.
    kangaxx
  • kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
    Feldpost's Inn

Feldepost's Inn
    You cannot enter the store: there are monsters nearby.

This string seems to be incorrect. Is there a chance to test it somehow? It should be 'I fight to the death.'
    Created by the fire seed spell. When thrown at opponents they explode into small fireballs doing 2-16 damage to everyone within the area of effect. The fireseeds are used as a weapon.

Damage specification is inconsistent. It should be '2d8 damage'.
    16570 - 16573 (journal entries: Volo)

These strings include long quotations of Volo's rumors. @Manuel suggests to use proper journal entries instead:

For instance:

Rumor from Volo: Many a story have I collected from across this great realm, though sometimes I am at a loss whether to believe them or not, due to their extraordinary circumstance. Such a tale is this, wherein lies the story of a band of hearty adventurers moving amidst the shadows of the land, effecting change where it is needed. I was enjoying the simple fare of the celebrations in Nashkel, when the strangest news hit the town. It would seem the mines, long plagued by unexplained deaths, had been inundated by a horde of ill-mannered kobolds, under the direction of a rather unscrupulous and hygienically suspect cleric of Cyric. Dispatching the villain with appropriate brevity, the heroes freed the mine, and are the sole reason for the trickle of iron finally winding its way to the Gate now. None seem to recall their names, but the consensus agrees they were great of stature, and cut an impressive figure across the plains.

Volo has just told me about the latest happenings in Nashkel. Apparently, It hasn't reached his ears that I am the hero who has freed the mines.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @kangaxx, @Manuel

Is 16570 - 16573 the long entries that appear in the battle log when you get the journal entry? Yeah, those should really be changed to a shorter text.
    kangaxx
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    I'm reluctant to change these journal entries because they are so uniquely suited to the voice of the character Volo and obviously a deliberate choice of the original designers. Also, unless I'm missing something, it's a question of stylistic preference for brevity (which I happen to share) rather than a necessary change, so let's respect the wishes of the original writers in this case.
    Aedan
    #27569 and #25679 are fixed.
    kangaxx
    Follow-up

Beneath this stone, a lump of clay
    Lies Mark D the young
    Who on the twenty-third of May
    Began to hold his tongue
    ---

Beneath this stone, a lump of clay
    Lies Mark D the young
    Who on the twenty-third of Mirtul
    Began to hold his tongue
    ---
    Does anyone know if string 1251 is being used?

It seems to be 'Full intoxication' resp. 'intoxicated'.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Dave

If I'm not mistaken, everyone is fine with the actual journal entry, the problem is rather that when we get that journal entry from Volo, we get the same huge chunk of text in our battle log, when we should either get a condensed version of it, or even better, just a line with the title of that journal entry.

Regardless, I don't think this is something that requires some new text from you.

@kangaxx

I agree with you that it shouldn't be May, but Mirtul doesn't rime with clay (and neither does any other month) so I think that one shouldn't be changed.
    @Tanthalas Oh, haven't looked at it from a poets point of view... *embarrassed*
    Farmer Brun's son (DEAD)

Nathen's corpse OR Nathen's body
    @kangaxx - also, those tombstone inscriptions in Nashkel are inside jokes from BioWare's employees back in the day, so I wouldn't touch them lest the joke is lost somehow :)
    kangaxx
    #15909 and #15910 are fixed as Nathen's corpse. However, the description might be better than just the same as the tooltip. If @Dave felt especially inspired... ;-)
    kangaxx
    [LENORE 1] By Ilmater, please, send him home.

According to @Manuel, this string is mismatched.
    It should be: '[DWARF 3] Me temper's bad enough without ye botherin' me.'
    Tools seem to become brittle after a short time.

Suggestion: Tools of iron seem to become brittle after a short time.
    Griup Attack

Spelling error: Group Attack
    24417 - 24420

I'm missing 'Hard' as one of the 5 difficulty levels.
    _
    If you have a mage, cleric, or druid in your party, your character must memorize spells using the Rest button on the Mage Book or Priest Scroll pages. To get to these pages, right-click on your character portrait and then select the book or scroll icon that appears on the left.

@AndreaColombo: Do we need to adapt this symbol "_" to our translation?
    @kangaxx - I'm not even sure what the symbol is there for. @CameronTofer? Or @Dave, if Cam is buried too deep into the code to answer.
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    @kangaxx @AndreaColombo We're pretty sure that underscore is present strictly for formatting (and it has two carriage returns above it). It seems wise to leave it and the others in place unless we find it's causing a problem.
  • ManuelManuel Member Posts: 199
    If I remember correctly, those strings with an underscore before it are part of the candlekeep tutorial. They are spoken by NPCs (the monks just standing there) as normal dialog, so where's the point in having an underscore in front of the text?
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    Quick question about string 20471 or 20474, depending on which number you choose on the google spreadsheet. We are having a slight debate.

It's a dialog between charname and Rieltar. Originally the meaning of that string is that the iron throne is vulnerable and thus can be quickly dispatched without any problem (with the guard, probably). However, there seems to be a slight incoherence with the previous speech of Rieltar (don't know the string ref for this one), where he says that Charname *could* take refuge in the Candlekeep.

Consequentially in the original french version, 20471-4 is slightly tweaked from the english. It states that Candlekeep is well defended and thus they can be dispatched. Note that Iron Throne is not directly mentioned.

I know it's nickpicking for details, but who is right ? :D Personnally I'd go for the english version. Is there anything I'm missing ?
  • cherrycoke2lcherrycoke2l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,085
    These are minor mistakes only in the English version:

23488: It seems Durlyle felt strongly for me after all. He is willing to help me escape his people, and has offered to show me a secret rout to safety. I knew he would prove special. A pity we did not meet elsewhere.

The word "rout" should be spelled "route" there.

27058: "Fahrington's scroll
    Fahrington gave me the scroll very scroll he asked me to retrieve."

One "scroll" should be removed so that it reads: "Fahrington gave me the very scroll (…)".
    AndreaColombo
    kangaxx said:

Suggestion: Tools of iron seem to become brittle after a short time.

kangaxx said:

Spelling error: Group Attack

These have been fixed.

kangaxx

23488: It seems Durlyle felt strongly for me after all. He is willing to help me escape his people, and has offered to show me a secret rout to safety. I knew he would prove special. A pity we did not meet elsewhere.

The word "rout" should be spelled "route" there.

27058: "Fahrington's scroll
    Fahrington gave me the scroll very scroll he asked me to retrieve."

One "scroll" should be removed so that it reads: "Fahrington gave me the very scroll (…)".

These have been fixed.
    kangaxx said:

24417 - 24420

I'm missing 'Hard' as one of the 5 difficulty levels.

Not sure this is something I can simply fix by adding the word "Hard" to the document. I'll flag @KeithS to provide some insight: Is the difficulty setting currently missing a string? Should I add it or is it something that requires a scripting fix too?

• La_VoixLa_Voix Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 772
    edited September 2012
    I don't know if it's already been reported, but in our spreadsheet, we have :

6567 : When we charmed Bruno, we learned a lot of information [...].
    8916 : [Notefrom Tuth to Rieltar]Rieltar, my superiors are intrigued [...] If you, Bruno, and Thaldorn were to meet with us [...].
    20111 : What? Who are you? [...] My father, Bruno was barely a day dead when Sarevok made his claim. [...].
    20500 : Aye, Bruno and Rieltar... That's the trouble with this place [...].
    20505 : Iron Throne ? Aye, Bruno and Rieltar are their names. [...].

Shouldn't it be "Brunos" instead ?
    AndreaColombo